Robbie Hummel gone for the season

gopherphan

Reaction score
Tore his ACL again in practice today. Just heard it on ESPN3

Just said it on the gootball game. Feel so bad for the kid. Might be time to give up the dream. I don't think you can get unlimited medical hardships...

I just heard that too. Wow. I know he plays for a rival team, but this is sad news.

Bad news for Purdue.

It was actually today on the second report. Hummel is a strong player for Purdue and gives them a solid all around player but without him Purdue is a very different team.

Very sad for Purdue but so much more sad for Mr. Hummel himself. I really hope things work out for him.

On the football side, Purdue lost Ralph Bolden, Keith Smith, and Robert Marve to ACL tears.

Not A Big Surprise 2 Me

Hummel sat out 1/2 of last night's scrimmage to rest his knee.

7-8 months (since his earlier 2010 injury) is rushing it. ACL takes 9-12 months or more to recover.

Hummel sat out 1/2 of last night's scrimmage to rest his knee.

7-8 months (since his earlier 2010 injury) is rushing it. ACL takes 9-12 months or more to recover.

It has little to do with his injury from last year.

He re-injured the knee in practice THIS MORNING.

tough break hummel. thats probably career ending. very sad. the only good that comes out of it is that we move up, but even then i dont want to brag about beating a hobbled purdue. very bad for the B10

Sorry to hear, very sad news for Robbie.

Perhaps he can use this opportunity to work with Painter and look at a coaching career. Not sure if pro basketball is in the cards with the ACL tears.

This is a horrible injury that I hope does not end Robbie's career. Hopefully he will take the time to allow for a full recovery. I wish him the best of luck.

From a competitive standpoint, this opens the door for the Big Ten Title. It's wide open for Purdue, Michigan state, Minnesota, Ohio State, Illinois, and Wisconsin to make a run at the title.

This is tough news for the big ten and Purdue. I wonder if he is eligible for medical redshirt and if he would want to take that route.

Beg to differ. If he rushed his return from ACL tear in Feb 2010, that may have contributed to the re-injury today.

Not it does not. Do you just make up stuffs to get your name out there. what does a Torn ACL from Feburday, have anything to do with a Torn ACL from today. not a damn thing. seriously. you are one of the worst idiot i ever seen on here. sorry for that. but it a fact.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Poor kid, gotta feel for him, team and fans. They are a totally different team without him.

Purdue will still make the NCAA Tournament and even contend for a conference title. Hummel was awesome and maybe even the most important player on the team, but the Boilers still have enough talent to beat anyone in the league. They go from a sure-fire top 5 team to a solid top 25 squad. Think about it; the team has the entire preseason to adjust to the loss.

He should take the whole year off. Let the knee heal a full 12 months.

They said he was wearing a knee brace and he tore up the same knee again. My guess is his initial injury may have been to serious to withstand the rigors of big college basketball. It may be that no amount of time will fully heal this tear.

I hope he gets back, ofcourse.

Not it does not. Do you just make up stuffs to get your name out there. what does a Torn ACL from Feburday, have anything to do with a Torn ACL from today. not a damn thing. seriously. you are one of the worst idiot i ever seen on here. sorry for that. but it a fact.

Lots. If the knee (ACL repair) wasn't fully recovered yet, it's much easier to tear it again.

You last comment(s) are quite inaccurate.

They said he was wearing a knee brace and he tore up the same knee again. My guess is his initial injury may have been to serious to withstand the rigors of big college basketball. It may be that no amount of time will fully heal this tear.

I hope he gets back, ofcourse.

Exactly. Might wanna tell "Gophersfan" that.

Lots. If the knee (ACL repair) wasn't fully recovered yet, it's much easier to tear it again.

You last comment(s) are quite inaccurate.

Everyone on this board hate you and you continue to show up and make post after post after post. When no one care what you say.

Hate is a bit strong

Everyone on this board hate you and you continue to show up and make post after post after post. When no one care what you say.

Hate is a bit strong and so is "Everyone on this board..."
I quibble and disagree with FOT often, particularly on the Off-Topic board but I sure don't hate the fellow.

Yes, he can be annoying, but so can I !

:)

Someone talk me off the ledge.

And yes, he will be taking his redshirt...he has never taken one. Rob will be back.

Someone talk me off the ledge.

And yes, he will be taking his redshirt...he has never taken one. Rob will be back.

You guys still have a good team, top 4/5 in the Conference. But that is two years in a row a potential Final Four team becomes a potential Sweet 16 team. It's too bad. You have my sympathies in that sense.

I feel bad for Hummel, and hope he recovers and plays healthy again, but I don't really feel sorry for Purdue. Painter had three classes after Hummel came in to bring in depth in the post for this team but it looks like he hasn't done a very good job of that.

Top Bottom