Robbie Hummel gone for the season

This team is a lot deeper than last year, it won't be like last year's fiasco. Bade is much improved and Marcius and Carroll are here.

Robbie Hummel tears the same knee, and earlier this week Cedric Griffin tears the other knee. It makes you wonder despite the advances in surgery and rehabilitation many of these athletes aren't coming back too soon.

Robbie Hummel tears the same knee, and earlier this week Cedric Griffin tears the other knee. It makes you wonder despite the advances in surgery and rehabilitation many of these athletes aren't coming back too soon.

Yes - some are rushing it. The ACL recovery takes 9-12 months (and maybe 15-18 months for some).

HATE HATE HATE to see this.

Take it easy, take the full year off, and come back with a vengance a year from now.

Losing Hummel is bad for Purdue and bad the Big Ten as a whole. If you want to be the best you have to beat the best, right? I root for Purdue Basketball when they aren't playing our Gophers and I hate to see bad things happen to a great kid as Robbie seems to be. Get better, Robbie, and if the knees never allow you back, I could see a place in coaching for you.

I cringed when I heard this news. Hummel tore his ACL a week after I tore my own ACL. I didn't have surgery until after the summer so I'm doing rehab right now. ACL tears are a brutal injury and I feel awful for athletes that have more than one ACL tear. This injury is really going to effect Hummel mentally. I think he may just decide to retire from basketball.

Thanks for all the kind thought about Robbie. It seems like everything the Gopher and the Boilermakers come in contact bad things happen to Hummel. At the football game everyone was in shock over the news.

The good news is that it seems like the Purdue Community is really rallying around this basketball team. Purdue still has two potential First Team All-American's and that's two more than most teams in America can say. The overall sediment is amazing upbeat considering that the fan base has had there hearts ripped out twice in 9 months. The fan base right we are just changing our goals for Purdue this season. Purdue is still a solid 25 team(I would argue higher) that is bound for a great year.

Top Bottom