RIP Sid Hartman 😢

Sid wrote his first column a couple days before my mom was born. She turned 76 a couple months ago. Amazing. RIP.

I remember when at a Gopher practice in the 70's at the old Memorial Stadium, a big cadillac drove out on the field and right up to where they were practicing, Sid got out and walked right up to their huddle. Salem was coach then. Can't imagine another writer ever having access like that. Ponder Ponder Ponder!!!

In fall of '82 when I was a Hutchinson Tiger and we were in the playoffs, Sid on his morning show broadcast a phone call with my coach, Grady Rostberg, about our upcoming game. Sid mentioned me by name and it was one of the greatest moments of my life. I was at home recording it with my tape recorder and I used to play it over and over just to hear THE Sid Hartman say my name.

We lost a true Minnesota legend. Godspeed Sid Hartman. You have lived an incredible life.

summers as a kid were spent at the lake and I always looked forward to grandpa bringing me back a caramel roll and the paper. I Always went to Sid first.

Damn Just, damn it!!!!!

I'm sitting here a million miles away, and just woke up to this. Not the way I wanted to start my day.

RIP. Thank you.

Will the real Sid Hartman ghost writer please stand up.😏
RIP, Sid.

Hartman Field at TCF Bank Stadium?

He was a Gophers first guy.

Safe travels Sid. Thank you so much for being the face of Minnesota sports!

Before there were recruiting web sites and forums to share information on there was Sid Hartman. His relationships in all areas of MN sports kept a generation of fans informed on what was going on behind the scenes. He truly was a pioneer in MN sports and his legacy is appreciated. Thank you Sid! You have blessed my life with hours of entertaining information.

To Sid's family:

We cannot and forget Sid because he, long ago, joined that exclusive fraternity constituted of men devoted to their work and their people. He loved both and served both. Sid was a rare honorable man. And he should be emulated.

May God bless you, Sid, and may He take you into His arms.

Oh... I forgot to say: as much as we will all miss him - which is of course not calculable - it compares not at all to how you, his family, will miss him. Nevertheless, please know that my friends and I have spoken this very evening about how Sid's passing marks "the end of an era." We loved him too!

Stay open to God - He'll help you through this.

He bled M & G. But oddly, he was against TCF being built.

Supposedly he owned a bunch of property around the old Dome area (including some lots), so he didn't want to see the Dome losing tenants.

A true legend. I'm old enough to remember how awesome the Sunday Strib was, lookin forwrd to his column and all the collage football scores.

Top Bottom