Reusse takes shots at Heather Fleck, "cowardly folks at Gopher Hole"

Where is Reusse in asking where Jerry Kill's wife and family disappeared to? He didn't even mention them in his presser and went out of his way to say he doesn't cook and eats out for all meals.
Wayment. Ball coach is a bachelor?

We rushed after beating Nebraska in 2013, as well.

As for "saving" field stormings for "rare" occasions? Why?

Go have fun. Rush the field.
They should start designing stadiums for the storming the field. Fun for all.

List of Minnesota media hoping the gophers would lose: Reusse, Barreiro, Souhan, most of the KFAN dorks, etc.

I wish we had actual sports talk and reporters in this town.
This is why I stopped reading anything but GH and The Daily Gopher. It's so much better.

To be frank, the Heather Fleck thing has bad optics on all sides.

When the Gophers win their next National Championship Reusse, or some other media puppet, er, pundit will say "it's been (number) years since they won. Took them long enough."

Last edited:

"He hasn't done anything worth adoration"? Did a bot write that or is that actually your own individual thought? If that's Reusse's point, it's more dogsh*t than I thought.

1. PJ led a team to 11 wins in a season. That includes beating two Top 10 teams. This point alone and the fact that we hadn't won that many games since the early 1900s is probably reason enough for "adoration".

2. If more evidence is needed, PJ has now beaten our most hated rival twice in a 4-year period. I know you've been around for a long time, so surely that 15-year gap between wins over Wisconsin (and all the pain and torture that caused any true Gopher fan and Minnesotan) is not lost on you.

3. PJ has regularly beaten out - not just other P5 schools, which was a bit of a high point under previous staffs - SEC schools for recruits, made major in-roads in regions we didn't get players from much (if at all) before and strengthened our national brand.

So as far as "adoration", I think it's easily fair to say that any Gopher fan who has been around for the past 20+ years should feel juuuuust fine adoring our coach and the overall state of the program. This isn't even to mention the highest GPAs in team history, the lack of off-field issues and the overall positive impact and effort the players have in the community.

EDIT: Oh, he also led us to two 6+win Big Ten records in 3 years. Who was the last coach to do that again?
You can start adoring him when he wins a B1G title. OK, maybe a B1G West Division title. Until then you can admire him for the many good things he has done for the program.

He's a good coach who has far surpassed the many crappy to mediocre coaches who have led this program. He's also dynamic and, from what I've heard, he walks the walk. In terms of results, if he comes close to Iowa or Wisconsin, you should adore him.

You can start adoring him when he wins a B1G title. OK, maybe a B1G West Division title. Until then you can admire him for the many good things he has done for the program.

He's a good coach who has far surpassed the many crappy to mediocre coaches who have led this program. He's also dynamic and, from what I've heard, he walks the walk. In terms of results, if he comes close to Iowa or Wisconsin, you should adore him.

Damn, considering how few teams outside of Ohio State have won a Big Ten title in the last decade, that's a heavy requirement for adoration. Maybe I/some others fall in love easily? 😍

Fair point. I'll take one B1G West Div title.
They have a trophy for co Big Ten West champions from 2019.

You also said when he comes close to Iowa or Wisconsin. We are 2-2 against Wisconsin in the last four years with an OT loss. They are 1 game better than us overall. Isn't that pretty close?

You see what you want to see.

Next step, take care of Iowa.

Reusse knows how to make an argument, barrister. You should take notes.
I know the idea of being morbidly obese and appealing to the dumbest people on the planet (e.g., you) would appeal to you. But I'd take my life over Fat Pat's.

Drink! You brought up my profession again. This is always your default when you feel stupid, which is a lot. I know you think "barrister" is a fancy word. It's like a kid's drawing, it's kind of cute. I did a quick search of the number of times you've said the word "barrister" and it doesn't even fit on the page. I promise you, law school isn't that difficult. The world is full of dumb lawyers. There are countless reasons why you should feel inferior to me (or any other productive member of society), but my law degree shouldn't be one of them. Get over it, sport :)

So you’re complaining about an article that you didn’t read?
Yeah, I am. If someone wrote an article about how Mo Ibrahim or Trey Potts were the biggest losers of the year because they were injured, I wouldn't have to read the article to know that person is a POS. Would you?

I thought he gave a guy turkey of the year for being injured. It turns out he nominated a guy for turkey of the year because he was injured. Did I miss something by not reading it? Please enlighten me.

I know the idea of being morbidly obese and appealing to the dumbest people on the planet (e.g., you) would appeal to you. But I'd take my life over Fat Pat's.

Drink! You brought up my profession again. This is always your default when you feel stupid, which is a lot. I know you think "barrister" is a fancy word. It's like a kid's drawing, it's kind of cute. I did a quick search of the number of times you've said the word "barrister" and it doesn't even fit on the page. I promise you, law school isn't that difficult. The world is full of dumb lawyers. There are countless reasons why you should feel inferior to me (or any other productive member of society), but my law degree shouldn't be one of them. Get over it, sport :)
You did a search of the number of times I used the word "barrister," barrister?

They have a trophy for co Big Ten West champions from 2019.

You also said when he comes close to Iowa or Wisconsin. We are 2-2 against Wisconsin in the last four years with an OT loss. They are 1 game better than us overall. Isn't that pretty close?

You see what you want to see.

Next step, take care of Iowa.
No. Wisconsin has been winning big since Alverez showed up. Same with Iowa since Hayden Fry. Our program doesn't come close to those schools. PJ is definitely doing good things, better than anybody in a long time, but it's a low bar and can't be compared to IA and WI.

No. Wisconsin has been winning big since Alverez showed up. Same with Iowa since Hayden Fry. Our program doesn't come close to those schools. PJ is definitely doing good things, better than anybody in a long time, but it's a low bar and can't be compared to IA and WI.
The point was to compare PJ's time to Wisconsin, wasn't it???

Yeah, I am. If someone wrote an article about how Mo Ibrahim or Trey Potts were the biggest losers of the year because they were injured, I wouldn't have to read the article to know that person is a POS. Would you?

I thought he gave a guy turkey of the year for being injured. It turns out he nominated a guy for turkey of the year because he was injured. Did I miss something by not reading it? Please enlighten me.
You opined on something you knew nothing about and got caught.

The usual.

We don't compare well to Iowa and Wisconsin over the past two decades. As for the present, I think we are as good if not better than both. We are building up some steam and will win the B1G West in the next year or two. The only foreseeable field rushing at the bank would be over Michigan, and Ohio State. Its only worth it if its a big upset, which our last 2 times have been. Oh and Reusse is obsolete. He only tracks with boomers and its very obvious what he's trying to do. Retire, you're milking it.

The point was to compare PJ's time to Wisconsin, wasn't it???
If we look at it that way, WI has a much better B1G record. It's not close.

I'm not down on PJ at all. He's a good coach doing good things here on and off the field. I'm glad they extended him. It's too early to elevate him to greatness. The record doesn't warrant it.

If we look at it that way, WI has a much better B1G record. It's not close.

I'm not down on PJ at all. He's a good coach doing good things here on and off the field. I'm glad they extended him. It's too early to elevate him to greatness. The record doesn't warrant it.
You appear to be much like Barreiro. The badgers and Hawkeyes have been better than the gophers over the years. Well, no shit Einstein.

What's next, the Vikings have never won the Super Bowl?

also, Ferentz has won 62% of his games at Iowa. Fleck has won 58% of his games at Minnesota. Flecks will go up as his tenure has been short and his first year was impossible. I've never understood the Ferentz love. He's ok, but nothing special.

Last edited:

You opined on something you knew nothing about and got caught.

The usual.
Yep and I admitted it.

It still ignores the point. He nominated someone for Turkey of the Year because they got injured. He is a sh!t person. Do you think someone being injured makes them a "turkey"? What about Ibrahim? Do you think he was a turkey this year?

You had to google "opine" after you heard someone you think is smart say it. It was cute.

I keep forgetting Reusse is still alive. Poor Fat Pat desperately trolling Flecks trying to stay relevant, sorry sack who screwed up his life so bad he still has to work at his old age.
LOL. Reusse still has a column in the StarTribune which has the 18th largest circulation in the country. Reusse has been working and reporting on sports since he was in high school. Tens of thousands of people read every word he writes and have been doing if for over 50 years. Many people would love to do the so-called "work" Reusse is well-paid to do - and they would do it for free in their spare time until long after they retired from their regular jobs they don't like so much.

Last edited:

Yeah, I know that sounds complicated to you but it takes normal people 3 seconds.
So you spent half an hour of your life searching for how many times I used the word "barrister," barrister.

Sheesh.

Yep and I admitted it.

It still ignores the point. He nominated someone for Turkey of the Year because they got injured. He is a sh!t person. Do you think someone being injured makes them a "turkey"? What about Ibrahim? Do you think he was a turkey this year?

You had to google "opine" after you heard someone you think is smart say it. It was cute.
How would you know what he was nominated for, barrister? You didn't read the column.

I think you should do a search on how many times I've used the word "opine."

LOL. Reusse still has a column in the StarTribune which has the 18th largest circulation in the country. Reusse has been working and reporting on sports since he was in high school. Tens of thousands of people read every word he writes and have been doing if for over 50 years. Many people would do the so-called "work" he is well-paid to do for free in their spare time away from their own jobs.
I think the Strib has actually managed some growth in what is supposed to be a dying industry. I'm not sure how they've done it.

How would you know what he was nominated for, barrister? You didn't read the column.

I think you should do a search on how many times I've used the word "opine."
It actually came up on a Twins message boards, someone linked the article and I didn't click into it.

Fascinating stuff huh?

No one cares what you think. No one has ever cared what you think. That's why you're miserable.

Top Bottom