Reusse takes shots at Heather Fleck, "cowardly folks at Gopher Hole"

Is Buxton up for the OC position? One thing is for sure he prob has the time since he's hurt all the time

He's been to 6 Outback bowls, 2 Orange bowls and has gone 8-0 in conference play twice. Can't be outright champ without a championship game when two teams go 8-0.

Ferentz is on schedule to pass Amos Alonzo Stagg next year and move into 3rd place on the list for most career B1G wins.

I think the iowa coaching staff is a pretty smug group. But no matter how you slice it, that's pretty impressive for Cap'n Kirk.

And no, I'm not a hawkeye fan.

23 years and 5 seasons of losing Big Ten Records. two were the first 2 seasons.
Orange Bowls were BCS games, one was because the Rose Bowl had a Semi-Final Game.

Hope we can at least boast that in 18 years. Through 5 years both Ferentz and Alvarez had a Big Ten Title. We've got some catching up to do.
Ferentz took over for Hayden Fry. This is Minnesota.

If fleck is here for 23 years , I'd be disappointed in no rose bowl wins, etc. I would hope for more.

If fleck is here for 23 years , I'd be disappointed in no rose bowl wins, etc. I would hope for more.
You mean the Hayden Fry who was only to 3 Rose bowls and and lost them all in 20 years? The Hayden Fry who was 3-8, 2-6 in his last season and lost to MN 49-7? Only 1 outright B1G title in 20 years. He had a .593 BIG win percentage. Ferentz's is .582. They are the same coach basically. Iowa is a quality P5 program.

Fry is in the Hall of Fame and Ferentz will be. But, Ferentz is just ok, nothing special I guess.

Rose Bowl wins are special. Only three Big Ten coaches not from Ohio State and Michigan have won a Rose Bowl in the past three decades and two are Hall of Famers, too (Paterno, Alvarez).

I have hopes PJ can win at least one for us. But, it is hard to get there, let alone win one. Certainly, you're not pinning your entire assessment of a coach on whether he wins a Rose Bowl and calling them nothing special based solely on not doing something almost no Big Ten coach not from Michigan and OSU does.

Fry is in the Hall of Fame and Ferentz will be. But, Ferentz is just ok, nothing special I guess.

Rose Bowl wins are special. Only three Big Ten coaches not from Ohio State and Michigan have won a Rose Bowl in the past three decades and two are Hall of Famers, too (Paterno, Alvarez).

I have hopes PJ can win at least one for us. But, it is hard to get there, let alone win one. Certainly, you're not pinning your entire assessment of a coach on whether he wins a Rose Bowl and calling them nothing special based solely on not doing something almost no Big Ten coach not from Michigan and OSU does.
Dantonio won 2014 Rose Bowl at Michigan State. 24-20 over Stanford.

You mean the Hayden Fry who was only to 3 Rose bowls and and lost them all in 20 years? The Hayden Fry who was 3-8, 2-6 in his last season and lost to MN 49-7? Only 1 outright B1G title in 20 years. He had a .593 BIG win percentage. Ferentz's is .582. They are the same coach basically. Iowa is a quality P5 program.
Yes, that Hayden Fry

Recruiting.

That is the hope for a Gopher break through and PJ Fleck is the best shot the Gophers have in 60 years.

If the Gophers win a Big Ten title, there will be many tears of joy shed. Not only from Gopher fans a little long in the tooth, but the entire Gopher-dome.

It would have been great if they had won the title this season. A Rashod Bateman and a Tyler Johnson in the lineup would have made a difference.

Recruiting plus the right OC will get the Gophers to the promise land.

Dantonio won 2014 Rose Bowl at Michigan State. 24-20 over Stanford.
Correct.

I said only three Big Ten coaches not from Michigan and Ohio State have won Rose Bowls in the past three decades. Two were Hall of Famers (Alvarez and Paterno).

Top Bottom