Reusse takes shots at Heather Fleck, "cowardly folks at Gopher Hole"

Let me ask this question.

Let's say Michigan had 3 losses entering yesterday's game. They haven't beaten OSU in forever.

Do they charge the field? If you say NO, you are drunk.

Reusse is a sad fat troll. Why does this even surprise people anymore?

But here you are...using it.
See the irony?
Correct but I am not that walking shit show... And I'm not on twitter... Insta... Snap.... And I am not a heavy frequenter to much outside of a few message boards and I try not to trigger people nor get triggered myself.. get along with everyone.. be happy... Spread happiness.. idk... When ya live like I live... Things change....

So, I have been branded as a "Reusse Apologist" and for that reason, have refrained from posting in this thread.

FWIW, my personal opinion is that storming the field should be for rare occasions. It's becoming too common-place. that - I believe - is what Reusse was getting at with his tweet.

In response, some classy Gopher fan tweeted back that he hoped Reusse would have a heart attack and die. That tweet was later deleted by Twitter for violating standards.

I will just say this. I am a Gopher fan. and I hope that some day, I get to see Gopher fans storm the field after winning a B1G Championship or a Rose Bowl. That would be worth storming the field for.
I also hope that some day, beating Iowa or beating Wisconsin is not an event worth storming the field for, because the Gophers do it all the time.

In fact, the day the Gophers beat Wisconsin, and the fans don't storm the field, because "we did that last year," - now that will be a day I relish.
The last time the Gophers won at home vs Wisconsin was November 8th, 2003. It's great to have goals and then properly celebrate attaining that goal, but if you can't enjoy the journey to get there, you're not really living.

Where is Reusse in asking where Jerry Kill's wife and family disappeared to? He didn't even mention them in his presser and went out of his way to say he doesn't cook and eats out for all meals.

Where is Reusse in asking where Jerry Kill's wife and family disappeared to? He didn't even mention them in his presser and went out of his way to say he doesn't cook and eats out for all meals.
Guessing she's in southern Illinois at their Lake home with the grandkids, while ol ball coach Jer has to keep doing what he was born to do.

So, I have been branded as a "Reusse Apologist" and for that reason, have refrained from posting in this thread.

FWIW, my personal opinion is that storming the field should be for rare occasions. It's becoming too common-place. that - I believe - is what Reusse was getting at with his tweet.

In response, some classy Gopher fan tweeted back that he hoped Reusse would have a heart attack and die. That tweet was later deleted by Twitter for violating standards.

I will just say this. I am a Gopher fan. and I hope that some day, I get to see Gopher fans storm the field after winning a B1G Championship or a Rose Bowl. That would be worth storming the field for.
I also hope that some day, beating Iowa or beating Wisconsin is not an event worth storming the field for, because the Gophers do it all the time.

In fact, the day the Gophers beat Wisconsin, and the fans don't storm the field, because "we did that last year," - now that will be a day I relish.
I guess I look at one victory at home over our biggest rival after 18 years as rare. That's a grand total of two field stormings since the Bank opened IIRC, the other was the biggest win of our best season in 50 years.

I guess I look at one victory at home over our biggest rival after 18 years as rare. That's a grand total of two field stormings since the Bank opened IIRC, the other was the biggest win of our best season in 50 years.
We field rushed when we beat Iowa under Horton if I'm not mistaken.
For sure an Iowa win, can't remember which one for sure.

And may 2022 be the next, with Floyd coming home. Hang in there buddy!

2022 is going to be crazy for home games. The first six home games are in the first seven weeks .........

I like Reusse, too. Always have. He's a smart ass and he's unvarnished. I do get a little impatient with his recent tendency to start every column by going back sixty years before getting to the point. Pat has pulled PJ off of the pedestal that gopher fans have put him on and that enrages GHer's. PJ is a good coach, better than we've had since Holtz showed up for a year, but he hasn't done anything to make him worthy of adoration. That's mostly Reusse's point.

Yes, we know he's old and fat. I think he probably laughs when you guys write that stuff because he knows it's the best you can do.

And, we'll do it the next time we beat Iowa at home, too. Even if next season. Because we don't do it often enough (yet).
And just think if we didn't rush the field after the Wisconsin game the poor audio guy who has been sitting on playing Jump Around, to troll Wisconsin, never would have gotten his moment in the sun!

I like Reusse, too. Always have. He's a smart ass and he's unvarnished. I do get a little impatient with his recent tendency to start every column by going back sixty years before getting to the point. Pat has pulled PJ off of the pedestal that gopher fans have put him on and that enrages GHer's. PJ is a good coach, better than we've had since Holtz showed up for a year, but he hasn't done anything to make him worthy of adoration. That's mostly Reusse's point.

Yes, we know he's old and fat. I think he probably laughs when you guys write that stuff because he knows it's the best you can do.
He does his job well, in other words.

And if you think the worthy of adoration goal posts won't move, I have a bridge to sell you.

This checks out. . .

So what if the student section emptied out onto the field - leading the way for many others. It was a totally spontaneous reaction on their part and fun to watch. I personally did not feel a need to rush the field, but whom am I, or you, or Reusse, or Barrieiro or others critical of this reaction; to judge how a victory is celebrated. It had been nearly 20 years since the last home victory over the Badgers so lighten up Francis!

Also whoever had the "jump" soundtrack ready should be celebrated. I recall certain Badger and Corn Bird coaches more than willing to "rub in" victories and I don't recall our illustrious local media responding other than to say if you don't like it don't lose...

"He hasn't done anything worth adoration"? Did a bot write that or is that actually your own individual thought? If that's Reusse's point, it's more dogsh*t than I thought.

1. PJ led a team to 11 wins in a season. That includes beating two Top 10 teams. This point alone and the fact that we hadn't won that many games since the early 1900s is probably reason enough for "adoration".

2. If more evidence is needed, PJ has now beaten our most hated rival twice in a 4-year period. I know you've been around for a long time, so surely that 15-year gap between wins over Wisconsin (and all the pain and torture that caused any true Gopher fan and Minnesotan) is not lost on you.

3. PJ has regularly beaten out - not just other P5 schools, which was a bit of a high point under previous staffs - SEC schools for recruits, made major in-roads in regions we didn't get players from much (if at all) before and strengthened our national brand.

So as far as "adoration", I think it's easily fair to say that any Gopher fan who has been around for the past 20+ years should feel juuuuust fine adoring our coach and the overall state of the program. This isn't even to mention the highest GPAs in team history, the lack of off-field issues and the overall positive impact and effort the players have in the community.

EDIT: Oh, he also led us to two 6+win Big Ten records in 3 years. Who was the last coach to do that again?

Last edited:

So what if the student section emptied out onto the field - leading the way for many others. It was a totally spontaneous reaction on their part and fun to watch. I personally did not feel a need to rush the field, but whom am I, or you, or Reusse, or Barrieiro or others critical of this reaction; to judge how a victory is celebrated. It had been nearly 20 years since the last home victory over the Badgers so lighten up Francis!

Also whoever had the "jump" soundtrack ready should be celebrated. I recall certain Badger and Corn Bird coaches more than willing to "rub in" victories and I don't recall our illustrious local media responding other than to say if you don't like it don't lose...

Iowa literally tore the goal posts down on our home field and I've watched the Badgers chop down our goalposts and "row the boat" at the Bank far too many times in the last decade. Playing "Jump Around" was an epic troll and so far from "Minnesota Nice" that I'll smile about it for the next two decades anytime I think about it.

Part of this could be that Pat has been so fat, he would have never been able to get over the barriers to rush the field. Even in his youth. It could just be jealousy that's it's something he knew he would never be able to experience in his lifetime.

Iowa literally tore the goal posts down on our home field and I've watched the Badgers chop down our goalposts and "row the boat" at the Bank far too many times in the last decade. Playing "Jump Around" was an epic troll and so far from "Minnesota Nice" that I'll smile about it for the next two decades anytime I think about it.
I've watched that Jump Around at least 5 times and will watch it many more. It's such a thing of beauty. The Iowa board was loving it, and saying they can't wait until they can do it someday. I know Iowa was loving us at the time, but still.

Is that Twitter account the real Pat Reusse, or just an imposter? I don't follow Twitter much but have always been suspicious.

Social media was the downfall to any resemblence of decency left in the human race.. I hate all of that... All of it...

But here you are...using it.
See the irony?
If Scony has said something like "social media was the downfall to any resemblence of decency left in the human race. I hate all of that... All of it...And I hate all of you Gopher tools", that would have been irony.

I've watched that Jump Around at least 5 times and will watch it many more. It's such a thing of beauty. The Iowa board was loving it, and saying they can't wait until they can do it someday. I know Iowa was loving us at the time, but still.
I also liked when they started the pig sounds over the speakers in the 4th quarter of one of the last Iowa home wins. Was thinking it was Horton's, but might have been the beatdown in 2014.

I keep forgetting Reusse is still alive. Poor Fat Pat desperately trolling Flecks trying to stay relevant, sorry sack who screwed up his life so bad he still has to work at his old age.

His job is to stir up shit... and get people to pay attention to him. Just another day at the office, folks.
100% this! We are talking about him. A few probably clicked on a tweet of his. For him it is total success.

Last edited:

Top Bottom