Reality

I couldn't agree more. If any portal kid actually read through many of the comments, even the two that committed- they may easily be led to ask themselves one question... is this what I want to be surrounded by?
Yabbut….

Cold winters-check
Ben inherited a mess-check
The Barn is old-check
We have injuries-check
No NIL-check
Gopherholers are mean-check

Did I catch it all?

In the interest of saving Ben's job and getting the next Samuels to sign, we are shutting down Gopherhole. Carrier pigeons will be coming to your house for all follow on announcements. Certainly can't have any propect either HS or portal reading any of this craziness.
Just in the past 24 hours, we've been told that nothing that's written on this site makes any difference in the program at all, so everyone should stop posting...AND... that everything people are writing on this site is killing the program, so everyone should stop posting.

If we here can keep it a secret just a little while longer that the coach is a dead man walking...

Just in the past 24 hours, we've been told that nothing that's written on this site makes any difference in the program at all, so everyone should stop posting...AND... that everything people are writing on this site is killing the program, so everyone should stop posting.

If we here can keep it a secret just a little while longer that the coach is a dead man walking...
You just (again) shot yourself in the foot. If it applies to players it surely applies to prospective coach candidates too.

You just (again) shot yourself in the foot. If it applies to players it surely applies to prospective coach candidates too.
What prospective coaches would get by reading these pages is that we're still an impossibly engaged and passionate fan base, even in the face of the worst run of performance in program history. There can't be anyone in the country that's still not in shock that Minnesota hired Ben Johnson and have stuck with him this long. Continued fan interest in the face of that kind of 'fuck you' to them is impressive and rare.

What prospective coaches would get by reading these pages is that we're still an impossibly engaged and passionate fan base, even in the face of the worst run of performance in program history. There can't be anyone in the country that's still not in shock that Minnesota hired Ben Johnson and have stuck with him this long. Continued fan interest in the face of that kind of 'fuck you' to them is impressive and rare.
All the agents involved. Pretty simple.

There are plenty of fans still interested. That would not include you and others here who relish dumping garbage on our players.

There are plenty of fans still interested. That would not include you and others here who relish dumping garbage on our players.
Your kind of fans were dumping on t.t. all year... Same shit brah

Let me get this straight. I'm not interested in the team I pay to watch all their home games in person?
YES!!

Never understand this line of logic - anyone who utters anything the least bit contrary to cbj hates the team and does not want them to win. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You never know how things can go, we just now need so many things to go right:

-Need Garcia to be a 1st/2nd Teamer All Big 10 Caliber Type Player
-Need Payne to make that big Oturu-level type jump
-Need Carrington to make a huge jump to a Big 10 caliber starting guard (Or Christie to be able to do that right away)
-Need Christie or Carrington to capably handle back up ball handling responsibilities
-Need Mitchell to be able to handle 35-40 minutes a game and play at a Big Ten caliber PG level.

-Need the bench to be capable and provide depth (Ihnen, Fox, Betts, JOJ)
-Are Fox/Ihnen going to be able to contribute at all?
-Is Betts ready to play at a Big 10 level?
-Need the coaching staff to put together successful development / game planning and squeeze the most out of this team, especially on the defensive end.

The bolded sections really just seem the most unlikely and a lot to ask.

-Need Carrington to make a huge jump to a Big 10 caliber starting guard (Or Christie to be able to do that right away)
-Need Christie or Carrington to capably handle back up ball handling responsibilities
-Need Mitchell to be able to handle 35-40 minutes a game and play at a Big Ten caliber PG level.

-Need the coaching staff to put together successful development / game planning and squeeze the most out of this team, especially on the defensive end.

Good summary. It is a lot to ask but if it all comes together the team could be solid. Hopefully they can find at least one more decent guard in the portal that can run the point some.

If it all blows up again there is a strong likelihood we are looking for a new coach. This definitely feels like a make or break year for Johnson and unfortunately it doesn't look like they are having much success bringing in new players so it is going to come down to what they can get from the guys in house. Right now it looks like a longshot that the team can turn any sort of corner but there are enough unknowns that anything is possible at this point.

Good summary. It is a lot to ask but if it all comes together the team could be solid. Hopefully they can find at least one more decent guard in the portal that can run the point some.

If it all blows up again there is a strong likelihood we are looking for a new coach. This definitely feels like a make or break year for Johnson and unfortunately it doesn't look like they are having much success bringing in new players so it is going to come down to what they can get from the guys in house. Right now it looks like a longshot that the team can turn any sort of corner but there are enough unknowns that anything is possible at this point.
If.

Could.

If.

Could.
I know I am going to regret engaging with you but what the he!!....

Why does what I am saying bother you so much? I mean honestly it is just getting weird at this point.

Not one person on this forum knows exactly how the 23-24 season is going to go. So yeah, IF some things happen then the possibility exists that the team could improve and even have a decent year. Every team in every sport has question marks heading into a new season.

This would be a good entry in the 'this is a decent roster' thread. Since we really don't know yet whether this is a decent roster, it's good to get one's arms around the uncertainties and possibilities and assess how realistic things are. Good post; thanks.

I know I am going to regret engaging with you but what the he!!....

Why does what I am saying bother you so much? I mean honestly it is just getting weird at this point.

Not one person on this forum knows exactly how the 23-24 season is going to go. So yeah, IF some things happen then the possibility exists that the team could improve and even have a decent year. Every team in every sport has question marks heading into a new season.
Frankly, what is odd is your unending IFs and Coulds.

IF mnvcguy opened up to reality he COULD actually see what so many other fans see.

Frankly, what is odd is your unending IFs and Coulds.

IF mnvcguy opened up to reality he COULD actually see what so many other fans see.
Yep....knew it was a waste of time trying to engage with you....

Who is dumping on the players? 95% of the discussion has been about how historically awful the HC hire has been.
Not remotely true. Just as much about players being unproven, i.e. Most likely not good enough.

Let me get this straight. I'm not interested in the team I pay to watch all their home games in person?
Congratulations on being the only season ticket holder in Gopher history.

YES!!

Never understand this line of logic - anyone who utters anything the least bit contrary to cbj hates the team and does not want them to win. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Except we weren't talking about Johnson.

At least 2nd market tickets should be even cheaper than last year (that was really cheap too)

Congratulations on being the only season ticket holder in Gopher history.
Rather than change the subject, can you clarify what you meant when you said I wasn't interested in the team? It was something like, "There are plenty of fans still interested. That would not include you..." I want to give you the benefit of the doubt and give you the chance to clarify that in a way that makes sense.

What I'm getting from most of your posts lately is basically lashing out at people indiscriminately and nonsensically. Maybe you want to take a step back, slow down, and try to salvage things so you don't sound like a donkey all the time.

Rather than change the subject, can you clarify what you meant when you said I wasn't interested in the team? It was something like, "There are plenty of fans still interested. That would not include you..." I want to give you the benefit of the doubt and give you the chance to clarify that in a way that makes sense.

What I'm getting from most of your posts lately is basically lashing out at people indiscriminately and nonsensically. Maybe you want to take a step back, slow down, and try to salvage things so you don't sound like a donkey all the time.
It is so obvious just how bad a gopher you are.

Top Bottom