Randy Shannon...Why?

I just looked at the PBP for that game.

Virgina's first TD came off of a Harris pick at the Miami 26.
Their second TD came off another Miami pick also returned into Miami territory.
Their third TD came off another pick that was intercepted and returned to the Miami 5.

Even their FG came on a short field after Miami's kicker kicked the kickoff out of bounds.

Way to be dishonest Eagle.

You also didn't answer my question above. What kind of defense is that.

There's millions of ways to lose & win games...good teams find ways to win them even against obstacles...Virginia went up 24-0 & went soft in the 4th Q but came through when it counted. Virginia is average...I can see 2 or 3 more loses in Miami's future this season...

And still IMO Randy Shannon still shouldn't be mentioned in any "A-List" candidates...

There's millions of ways to lose & win games...good teams find ways to win them even against obstacles...

And still IMO Randy Shannon still shouldn't be mentioned in any "A-List"...
Your core point was that today's score was indicative of failings with his defense. That is not the case. It was a matter of losing his star QB and his young backups turning the ball over way too much and putting the defense in an unwinnable situation.

Your core point was that today's score was indicative of failings with his defense. That is not the case. It was a matter of losing his star QB and his young backups turning the ball over way too much and putting the defense in an unwinnable situation.

No...the original point of this thread was that Randy Shannon is *NOT* an "A-List" Candidate & after todays game I still stand by it & can't see how anyone with any football sense would put him in the same category as Harbaugh or Leach. Harris went down when the score was tied at 0. If he can't coach his team to beat a mediocre Virginia squad with the loss of 1 key player in with Miami's Recruiting then what good could he do here? Even Mason could win games with 2nd & 3rd String RB's against mediocre Opponents...

And short fields or not Virginia racked up 360 yards and Miami's D had a few chances to stop them and blew it against a *VERY MEDIOCRE OFFENSE*...

What impresses you about Shannon? What? Seriously? You think he's got Leach or Harbaugh HC-ing Skill? Honestly?

I'm still waiting for you to tell me what defense that was I posted. You have had hours to decode its mysteries now.

I'm still waiting for you to tell me what defense that was I posted. You have had hours to decode its mysteries now.

Great...you can't tell me why you think Shannon is an "A-List" Candidate so you Scapegoats...

Thanks for playing, but it's not your fault, not too many people can say why Shannon is considered an "A-List" Candidate either...

I asked you first. You could at least have the common decency to answer my questions before asking some of your own.

My point was you don't know anything about defense. You again showed that when you blasted the performance of his defense today when all the points actually came off of turnovers on a short field. You just look at box scores and that's about the depth of it.

Shannon is a solid recruiter who has, by all accounts, improved his team consistently. They've run into some stumbles this year but that doesn't suddenly make him a bad coach. He's not quite of the level of Harbaugh et al but he would likely be a realistic and quality plan B.

I asked you first. You could at least have the common decency to answer my questions before asking some of your own.

My point was you don't know anything about defense. You again showed that when you blasted the performance of his defense today when all the points actually came off of turnovers on a short field. You just look at box scores and that's about the depth of it.

Shannon is a solid recruiter who has, by all accounts, improved his team consistently. They've run into some stumbles this year but that doesn't suddenly make him a bad coach. He's not quite of the level of Harbaugh et al but he would likely be a realistic and quality plan B.

I know what Defense that was & it wasn't relevant to whether Shannon is an "A-List" Candidate or not. I watched the game for your information & Miami's Defense didn't look that impressive at all against a *VERY* Mediocre Virginia team. Box Scores are for the idiots who believe things like Weber is an NFL Caliber QB...

You could've stated he is not in the league of Leach or Harbaugh about 6 replies ago & it would've been the end of that. What he has shown for his recruiting is why I don't think he's a proven coach yet. He has at least according to a few Hurricane boards a team loaded with more talent then what's being shown on the field & has stumbled in Brewster-Like territory as far as not being able to do much with it...

So if you watched the game then you were being intentionally dishonest about what happened and leaving out the field position to remove context to tilt the argument in your favor. :\ That is not much better!

So if you watched the game then you were being intentionally dishonest about what happened and leaving out the field position to remove context to tilt the argument in your favor. :\ That is not much better!

Because field position wouldn't matter with a good defense...let alone using that as an excuse the entire game. What happened at the end? I'm guessing you missed the FSU & OSU games too huh?

That is astounding intellectual dishonesty.

So I'm guessing you didn't watch those games...that's all you had to say...

I'm very familiar with Miami & under Shannon they've underperformed...

Top Bottom