Rand's blog: Brewster apparently counts assistant victories on his all-time record

Does Punky not count Bowl losses in his record? I wonder if he will count Bowl wins? (if there are any)

Does Punky not count Bowl losses in his record? I wonder if he will count Bowl wins? (if there are any)

Does the Alvarez family count family birds it microwaves as part of their family bio?

Go Gophers!!

I emailed Mr. Maturi Wednesday about my concern and this was his response:
***********************************************************************************************
I will pass it along. I have not seen – do not know if it represents his time as an assistant as well as a head coach or not.

Joel Maturi
************************************************************************************************

Not sure if this is what did it but the site now lists Brews career HC record along with his assistant coaching record...

not sure there is another d1a football coach in america who requires constant monitoring and correction from his boss:confused::confused::confused:

what with all this tweetin' and twitterin' and massaging of the record book and media guide...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

btw, this thread has been absolutely hilarious...:D:D:D

:D:D:D

not sure there is another d1a football coach in america who requires constant monitoring and correction from his boss:confused::confused::confused:

what with all this tweetin' and twitterin' and massaging of the record book and media guide...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

btw, this thread has been absolutely hilarious...:D:D:D

:D:D:D

btw - you are absolutely pathetic you P.O.S. troll loser. when was the last time you even talked to a living, breathing woman that wasn't behind the register at the grocery store?!

After getting some more public ridicule he changed it. Hopefully he is learning. The record is still wrong. He did fix some of the typos but not all. Get a professional to help him with all his many websites and these things won't happen.

well, since you let something so stupid and trivial such as this consume your days maybe that "professional" can be you. i hope you never, ever word something wrong by accident because we are going to be all over you! :rolleyes:

good catch, gvbadger...:cool::cool::cool:

just picked up on the stated 8-16 record overall...versus the actual 8-17...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

not sure if brewster omitted the bowl loss...or the iowa debacle???

if he could just get rid of the other 67 losses, then he could 'boast' a coaching record of 120-0-1...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

then he'd just have to go to work on getting rid of the ugly tie...:eek::eek::eek:

i can see accentuating the positives...:):):) but brewster is getting a little carried away with all the misinformation nonsense...:eek::eek::eek:

I give up...I've tried not doing this but your absolutely idiotic third grade habit of putting three damn smilies around everything drives me fricking insane.....to the ignore function for you...I'll be much happier now

good catch, gvbadger...:cool::cool::cool:

just picked up on the stated 8-16 record overall...versus the actual 8-17...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

not sure if brewster omitted the bowl loss...or the iowa debacle???

if he could just get rid of the other 67 losses, then he could 'boast' a coaching record of 120-0-1...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

then he'd just have to go to work on getting rid of the ugly tie...:eek::eek::eek:

i can see accentuating the positives...:):):) but brewster is getting a little carried away with all the misinformation nonsense...:eek::eek::eek:

man, i honestly hope a gopher fan finds you and approaches you face-to-face one of these days and then proceeds to absolutely beat the living hell out of you. you certainly deserve it. in fact i would pay for the priviledge. :)

my guess is you would cower like a little girl, wren.

it looks like dinkything has been put of his misery. thank the lord

man, i honestly hope a gopher fan finds you and approaches you face-to-face one of these days and then proceeds to absolutely beat the living hell out of you. you certainly deserve it. in fact i would pay for the priviledge. :)

my guess is you would cower like a little girl, wren.

Way to put things into perspective tough guy. So you want to beat up a guy because of some posts you disagree with, sounds like you might be the one that needs a life outside of gopherhole. Is that what you learned at MCTC or wherever you went?

Way to put things into perspective tough guy. So you want to beat up a guy because of some posts you disagree with, sounds like you might be the one that needs a life outside of gopherhole. Is that what you learned at MCTC or wherever you went?

There you go again defending your fellow trolls. It's funny that you act like you are better than everyone because you went to the U, even though everyone else actually supports the team unlike you.
________
Sc2 Replays

You are responsible for fact checking your own bio and resume. Please, landing Vince Young a Houston kid to go to Texas is not a hard task by any means. Texas has in-state prospects lining up banging on the doors waiting for scholarships from their home state school so to get a Texas kid to go to Texas is by no means a major feat.

So he should proof read every publication and website with his bio? Seriously, you're stretching there. Why even have a SID staff then? That's supposed to be their job. Secondly, the facts in the bio are correct. Whether you think it's stupid or not to include his record of when he was an assistant, it is factual. If you think it's written wrong, then the person that wrote the bio should get the blame. After all, that is their job. I've worked in college and pro offices for 9 years and have to read through media guides all the time. We come across mistakes of players stats, hometowns, etc. all the time. The only people to blame are the one's putting the media guide together, not the players.

Vince Young was the #1 player in the country out of high school. I doubt he was "banging on the doors" at Texas. I would agree with you if Vince Young was just a good 4 or 5 star recruit but he wasn't. Every school in the country wanted him and he could have gone anywhere he wanted.

There was a pretty good RB that left Texas and went to Oklahoma not that long ago. If it's so easy to keep players in Texas, why did Adrian Peterson leave?

what person on the planet would read that and think it was his head coaching record

maybe the village idiot.....but thats about it

this thread is hilarious

seriously.........who would think he has the 130 wins as an actual head coach.....i'm all ears

So he should proof read every publication and website with his bio? Seriously, you're stretching there. Why even have a SID staff then? That's supposed to be their job. Secondly, the facts in the bio are correct. Whether you think it's stupid or not to include his record of when he was an assistant, it is factual. If you think it's written wrong, then the person that wrote the bio should get the blame. After all, that is their job. I've worked in college and pro offices for 9 years and have to read through media guides all the time. We come across mistakes of players stats, hometowns, etc. all the time. The only people to blame are the one's putting the media guide together, not the players.

Vince Young was the #1 player in the country out of high school. I doubt he was "banging on the doors" at Texas. I would agree with you if Vince Young was just a good 4 or 5 star recruit but he wasn't. Every school in the country wanted him and he could have gone anywhere he wanted.

There was a pretty good RB that left Texas and went to Oklahoma not that long ago. If it's so easy to keep players in Texas, why did Adrian Peterson leave?

If it is a site created by you or for you at your request then yes you are responsible for fact checking your bio on there especially when you are the head coach and ultimately responsible for all aspects of the program, as George O'leary was when he submitted a false resume to Notre Dame. If your name is on it, then it is your responsibility. You would think that the way you speak that Texas football did not exist and ceased to exist after Brewster the master recruiter left. Well guess what the last time I checked they are doing just fine in recruiting and are already done with recruiting pretty much for the year because players are banging on their door to play there. Texas is no different than Florida or USC, the recruiting coordinators may change and you see no drop off in recruiting. That is because the success of the current head coaches along with the location, facilities, etc. make it a place that virtually all recruits want to play. Simply put Texas is a place that Texans want to play because of the huge fan support and one of the largest alumni groups in the entire country, Texas Ex's.

Seriously, please do a betterjob of thinking before you react. I actually bothered to follow the link becuase of what some of you wrote here. Waste of time.

It would have been a little strange.... except it is all taken entirely out of context. The record, as presented on the blog bio, clearly indicates the record refers to the cumulative record of the teams on which he has been on staff. In context, it is merely pointing out that the has worked for several of the nation's most successful football organizations. So, the real question... what's Rand's agenda?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This +1. What is it about Minnesotans that requires them to nick pick people to death? Things that are common practice or no big deal elsewhere seem to drive us to attack anyone or thing that is a bit different. IN Minnesota if someone is confident, trying to change things, they usually are considered different. bottom line we spend way to much time trying to find things wrong with people, things and/or events. as an aside, admittedly we play into the hands, way, way to often of the trolls, or worse the fake fans that really have an agenda (pigeons, drunk skunks, or the i hate brewster with all my soul crowds). OH WELL> life is too good to be tied down to negative.

what person on the planet would read that and think it was his head coaching record

maybe the village idiot.....but thats about it

this thread is hilarious

seriously.........who would think he has the 130 wins as an actual head coach.....i'm all ears

100% agree...wow this thread is a waste of time

Top Bottom