Rain poncho for Saturday?

Right, but it you wear the proper gear, it WILL NOT be cold.

Cold and rain is 42 degrees, not 57.

Right, but it you wear the proper gear, it WILL NOT be cold.

Cold and rain is 42 degrees, not 57.

If you have to wear gear to protect you from the cold, it's cold. Hence the name "cold weather gear". People don't typically wear cold weather gear unless it's, you know, cold.

If you have to wear gear to protect you from the cold, it's cold. Hence the name "cold weather gear". People don't typically wear cold weather gear unless it's, you know, cold.

I was speaking of rain gear there big guy. Now, to go all DPODOLL on you...show me anywhere in my post where I said "cold weather gear." Great, you cannot. So to re-phrase to make it easier for you to comprehend...With the PROPER RAIN GEAR, it will not be cold.

sounds like rain might miss us on saturday. can we start a 4 page thread on this?

per WCCO, KSTP and other sources. let's see if we can have a 4 page thread discussing this in advance. come on, i know we can do it. :D

It's cold. Cold starts just after the temp dips below 70. When you add rain, it becomes sucky cold.

per WCCO, KSTP and other sources. let's see if we can have a 4 page thread discussing this in advance. come on, i know we can do it. :D

I think we should try to come up with a chart that shows when it's okay to say it's hot, warm, comfortable, cool, and cold.

YAWN. move on already. and to the admin: stop deleting my posts.

Didn't read the thread, but seriously, we're outside, instead of in the friggin' dome!

If it rains, it rains in our house!

This thread sounds like an Ole - Lena conversation.

Lena: Ole, the roof is leaking. Ya gotta fix it.
Ole: Can't today, it's rainng out.

Next Day:

Lena: Ole, sun is shining. Get the roof fixed.
Ole: Don't haffta today, it ain't leaking.

It's cold. Cold starts just after the temp dips below 70. When you add rain, it becomes sucky cold.

It is all in your perspective. My Norwegian wife believes the mid 60's is perfect and anything above 75 is hot (She starts to melt then). I am inclined to agree with here and that why the fall is my favorite time of the year.

Maybe if they had some actual brains when designing the stadium, they would have included a retractable roof so we wouldn't have to follow the forecast.

I wouldn't expect ch9 to quote accuweather, nor would I expect accuweather to quote ch 9.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/minneapolis-mn/55415/hourly-weather-forecast/348794?hour=57

Interestingly enough for years Channel 9 DID use Accuweather. They might still use it.

Now they seem to think that the rain will take a break during the game. Oh, and to be fair to Parski, maybe he's praying for the rain and cold because he's a farmer not a hater.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/minneapolis-mn/55415/hourly-weather-forecast/348794?hour=33

Maybe if they had some actual brains when designing the stadium, they would have included a retractable roof so we wouldn't have to follow the forecast.

Really? For an on campus college football stadium? NO THANKS. I love being outside while watching the Gophers, regardless of the weather.

College football..........No

NFL, you need a roof.....football was meant to be outdoors, but not in Dec and Jan in Minnesota.

Retractable roof? They are ugly and look like an Erector set....a hole in the roof is not the same as open air...it's like saying a sun roof is the same as a convertible.

I've heard anywhere from $25 mill to $125 mill for a retractable roof....Lucas Oil Stadium(Indy) is open 4 or 5 time a year.....not worth it.

Retractable roof??? The next thing we know, Ole will install that on his next house just for Lena.

Don't go to the game if you're worried about the rain. Stay home and drink hot chocolate. Those of us who have a pair will be cheering on the Gophers.

Don't go to the game if you're worried about the rain. Stay home and drink hot chocolate. Those of us who have a pair will be cheering on the Gophers.

Unless you're playing, standing in a little rain doesn't take a lot of courage, just putting-up with a little discomfort.

Unless you're playing, standing in a little rain doesn't take a lot of courage, just putting-up with a little discomfort.

So you're saying a little rain may help with the stand/sit debate?

Top Bottom