Quinn to Announce Decision Live on KARE 11 May 1st

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
Randy Shaver announced live on Facebook that Quinn will be live on 10pm news Tuesday night to announce decision.

Golden Doosh award to Kare 11 and the Carroll family for doing this.

dbag.jpg

Attachments

• glb.jpg
    glb.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 124

Golden Doosh award to Kare 11 and the Carroll family for doing this.

View attachment 5474

Agreed, bold move to commit to Notre Dame over the Gophs on live local television. Call me bitter... Made me sick to my stomach watching all the local media fawn over Ragnow yesterday as well. I wish the kids well and recognize their god given rights to choose their school but absurd how a guy like Ragnow and now Carroll will be viewed as "local heros" by the local media.

Why the charades? It is a tall mystery standing right next to Kyle Rudolph and making several visits to ND. He made his last (official) visit to ND on 4/21/2018. For some, if he is not choosing MN making an announcement on KARE11 live is rubbing salt in the wounds.

per Greder:

The top-rated Minnesota high school football recruit in the 2019 class will make his college choice on Tuesday. Edina offensive tackle Quinn Carroll will announce his pick during the 10 p.m. newscast on KARE-TV, the station announced Friday night on Facebook.

The 6-foot-6, 295-pound player has 34 scholarship offers, and in early March, he narrowed his finalists down to the Gophers, Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Penn State, Virginia Tech and Wisconsin.

Carroll, who’s considered the 12th-best offensive tackle recruit and 87th best overall in the nation, is projected to pick Notre Dame, according many projection on 247sports.com.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/04/...quinn-carroll-to-make-college-choice-tuesday/

Go Gophers!!

Not going to lie, having him go on live TV to tell his home state that he's not playing here doesn't motivate me much to hope he has a stellar collegiate career. Now if he flips the script and stays home, he's just made himself a potential football role model for the state.

FYI, I won't be watching....

Must be sweeps month and KARE hopes to get a few more viewers.

KARE 11 better brace itself should Carroll not pick Minnesota. Would be a huge slap in the face.

A local kid on local TV to announce not going to the home state school. Doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to me.

Someone at Kare 11 have a relationship with the Carroll family?

A local kid on local TV to announce not going to the home state school. Doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to me.

Someone at Kare 11 have a relationship with the Carroll family?

Agreed. Call me optimistic, but I feel like doing it on the local news broadcast means he's gonna commit to us.

Agreed, bold move to commit to Notre Dame over the Gophs on live local television. Call me bitter... Made me sick to my stomach watching all the local media fawn over Ragnow yesterday as well. I wish the kids well and recognize their god given rights to choose their school but absurd how a guy like Ragnow and now Carroll will be viewed as "local heros" by the local media.

the "local media" isn't as petty as you.

So he'll be announcing on the channel Notre Dame plays on every week? Hm makes you think.

Agreed. Call me optimistic, but I feel like doing it on the local news broadcast means he's gonna commit to us.

That was my first thought too, but then I remembered ND plays on 11 every saturday...

I wouldn't blame him for choosing Notre Dame, heck they just had 2 OL selected in the top 10 of the NFL draft, you can't argue with that success. It would be a bit off putting though if he announced that decision on live tv to all of the twin cities. He may want to think twice if that's his plan.

Even Reusse agrees

“Jay Carroll was outstanding Gopher as a tight end. His son Quinn, a tremendous recruit, is going to announce college choice on Ch. 11 on Tuesday night on 10 o'clock news. You don't do that unless it's the Gophers.”

Didn't Ragnow hold a press conference and invite everyone to come? I recall that didn’t go over so well.

Even Reusse agrees

“Jay Carroll was outstanding Gopher as a tight end. His son Quinn, a tremendous recruit, is going to announce college choice on Ch. 11 on Tuesday night on 10 o'clock news. You don't do that unless it's the Gophers.”

Yep. Total doosh move by the Carrolls and Kare 11

Not that it matters, but no more Kare 11 for me.

If not the Gophers, I’ll do my best to torch Kare11 in every conversation. The link between ND on Channel 11 on Saturday’s, and local Channel 11 doing this for Saturday ratings for the network parent would leave a very bad taste in my mouth.

WBB player Nia Hollie from Hopkins did this on KSTP 5 a few years ago and she picked Michigan State. :confused:

That was my first thought too, but then I remembered ND plays on 11 every saturday...

But that's when it's broadcasting as the national afilliate (NBC?, ABC?, I can't remember, it's been too long), not when it's broadcasting as local news. There is a difference.

Must be sweeps month and KARE hopes to get a few more viewers.

Honestly I am a die hard high school and college football fan. Who is going to watch this? A rerun of Seinfeld would get more viewers.

Top Bottom