Quinn to Announce Decision Live on KARE 11 May 1st

It is his call, I wish him the best wherever he goes. Even if it is not to MN.

I also feel it would be odd to pick somewhere else on local TV. Here is hoping that isn't the case.

For KARE11 this is probabbly less about ratings and just a fun stunt for them.

I have almost zero expectation that this is the U, but if it's not, it's a really doosh move. It reminds me of the Reed Travis thing. I'll still cheer for him, because I always root for the MN people, but if he doesn't pick the U, it's tacky.

It is his call, I wish him the best wherever he goes. Even if it is not to MN.

I also feel it would be odd to pick somewhere else on local TV. Here is hoping that isn't the case.

For KARE11 this is probabbly less about ratings and just a fun stunt for them.

The media nowadays is looking for controversy. Look at every media outlet on cable TV, for example. They want Quinn to go to ND to rile up our fan base and make it into a secondary story. They know exactly what they are doing.

The media nowadays is looking for controversy. Look at every media outlet on cable TV, for example. They want Quinn to go to ND to rile up our fan base and make it into a secondary story. They know exactly what they are doing.

I don't know what they want, but I agree they would be happy to whip up anything. Every TV channel is all about adverts about how local and they "care" or whatever.... until it comes to covering local topics with much depth and then Kare 11 would rather drone on about Lindsey Vonn.

We'll see I'm hoping for a pleasant surprise, but don't trust that because it is local that means anything.

Honestly I am a die hard high school and college football fan. Who is going to watch this? A rerun of Seinfeld would get more viewers.
Yet, a whole thread has been created and some who never watch KARE will now watch.
My disgust with KARE is the obvious nepotism in hiring Randy Shaver's son for sports broadcasting. The kid is not very good and should have honed his skill up in Rhinelander or some other backwoods market, but daddy has pull at KARE. If I watch local sports I turn to WCCO.

I think Minnesota is his choice. ;)

35bDxLp.gif

At this moment I choose to believe that Carroll and his fam are bright enough to go on local tv for nothing other than a local positive.....

Sadly, I don't think enough people in the KARE market will get excited one way or the other.

After pondering all this. From all accounts that I hear, Carroll is a great Christian guy. One who cares about family, friends, teammates along with the community. I can't picture him rubbing salt to the wound to the local fans if he were decide to go elsewhere on tv. I believe he is a Gopher.

After pondering all this. From all accounts that I hear, Carroll is a great Christian guy. One who cares about family, friends, teammates along with the community. I can't picture him rubbing salt to the wound to the local fans if he were decide to go elsewhere on tv. I believe he is a Gopher.

Glad he's not hindu or he'd be one first train to South Bend.

Hes been an ND commit for weeks. All sources have confirmed ND.

This is a Frank ragnow slap in the face especially as his dad is a former gopher. It's the kids choice but calling a press conference and going against your dads school and letting the press ravage the gophers just rocks!!! :(

Moving on.

Yet, a whole thread has been created and some who never watch KARE will now watch.
My disgust with KARE is the obvious nepotism in hiring Randy Shaver's son for sports broadcasting. The kid is not very good and should have honed his skill up in Rhinelander or some other backwoods market, but daddy has pull at KARE. If I watch local sports I turn to WCCO.

Agree, but maybe you should avoid WCCO too, I know he's on the radio but you've never heard of Chad Hartman?

T

Hes been an ND commit for weeks. All sources have confirmed ND.

This is a Frank ragnow slap in the face especially as his dad is a former gopher. It's the kids choice but calling a press conference and going against your dads school and letting the press ravage the gophers just rocks!!! :(

Moving on.

It’s even worse than the Ragnow slap in the face. His dad played for the Gophers but poisoned his mind that ND is a good school...

It’s even worse than the Ragnow slap in the face. His dad played for the Gophers but poisoned his mind that ND is a good school...

ND is a good school. They re football tradition is fine. They have a huge contract w NBC...fine.

If the kid wants to go there...fine! Go. It's just to announce, on local TV that hes smiting the local school that has already been beaten down for so long?!?? Sucks man. Heartbreak after heartbreak

His kid is a lot better than the pompous Mike Max and Rosen is just hard to take seriously.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The think that really disappoints me is that the only local athletes that the local stations make a real big deal about are the ones that commit somewhere other than the U. It promotes the premise that it is only news if you go to ND or Duke. “Look this kid is good enough to go play for...yada yada yada....” it is as if the U doesn’t count. It is sickening!

The think that really disappoints me is that the only local athletes that the local stations make a real big deal about are the ones that commit somewhere other than the U. It promotes the premise that it is only news if you go to ND or Duke. “Look this kid is good enough to go play for...yada yada yada....” it is as if the U doesn’t count. It is sickening!

PJ isn't wrong about the local media being not helpful. They're at best dismissive... at worst just a negative all the time compared to other places.

Arkansas sucked while Ragnow was there...Not that it was because of Ragnow, but just sayin’, they sucked and their coach got fired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I the only one who doesn't mind the kare11 announcement?
The only thing that bothers me is doing it on TV period. Really do not care where he goes but i am not provincial in any way and never begrudge a kid picking the school he wants.

Am I the only one who doesn't mind the kare11 announcement?

It’s not that I mind or begrudge the kid for going to whatever school he picks. Has Kare 11 done this for other Minnesota kids before? If not why this particular one?

I doubt it’s to rub it in the U’s face. Just seems pointless just because ND is on their station on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom