Quinn Carroll in the transfer portal

Quinn was second string RT this year I believe so I wouldn’t say he was “burried.” If he was third string or worse I’d think different.

Dan would definitely start at ND but what about guys like Schlueter, Ruschmeyer etc.?
No, you're right about that. I shouldn't have said he was buried. He was a quality and important backup on the Notre Dame OL. I just meant it was harder to get PT on the Gophers than it was Notre Dame last year. I misused it for both Guedet and Carroll.

Would Schlueter have started at Notre Dame this last year? I do think he would have started at LT. It'd be close. He graded out better than Alt (per PFF).

I'm for QC coming to the U. I just don't think it's a lock that he starts over JJ Guedet. I also am not 100% sold that QC doesn't end up at guard.

I could be wrong but I believe Alt played LT. I believe Quinn was more of a G/RT.

I believe he was beat out by another FR (5 star OL).
Joe Alt started the last 8 games at LT

Saw a tweet last night that Notre Dame had injuries on the OL and he still didn't play much. His transfer was not a surprise to Notre Dame media. (The tweet said this was information before he announced.)
Notre Dame also has a situation where their center announced he was returning and fan response was, mixed to say the least.

Kinda a weird situation.

Saw a tweet last night that Notre Dame had injuries on the OL and he still didn't play much. His transfer was not a surprise to Notre Dame media. (The tweet said this was information before he announced.)
It was an iowa girlfriend joke.

I think we should offer him unless there's some inside information that would indicate otherwise. I can't remember if we among his final schools that he was considering coming out of high school.

I think we should offer him unless there's some inside information that would indicate otherwise. I can't remember if we among his final schools that he was considering coming out of high school.
From the Pioneer Press: The 6-foot-6, 295-pound player has 34 scholarship offers, and in early March, he narrowed his finalists down to the Gophers, Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Penn State, Virginia Tech and Wisconsin.

Guy really liked Wisconsin. Surprised he didn't pick them the first time.

From the Pioneer Press: The 6-foot-6, 295-pound player has 34 scholarship offers, and in early March, he narrowed his finalists down to the Gophers, Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Penn State, Virginia Tech and Wisconsin.

Guy really liked Wisconsin. Surprised he didn't pick them the first time.

When I read that, I immediately thought of the five D's of dodgeball.

Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive and Dodge

I believe Carroll would play guard for the gophers. As for Benhart, I'd take him in a second. He's a good player. We've beaten them enough so dad has been humbled.
We don't need to be their fall-back school... although, in the age of the transfer portal, will change a bit... I still don't want recruits thinking that they'll just go off to schools like ND, and if it doesn't work out... Well, they can always just come back to MN.

We don't need to be their fall-back school... although, in the age of the transfer portal, will change a bit... I still don't want recruits thinking that they'll just go off to schools like ND, and if it doesn't work out... Well, they can always just come back to MN.
I mean, I don't see Fleck taking a guy he doesn't want just because he is from Minnesota. But if a hometown kid can help us and wants to come back that sure feels like a win/win to me.

I mean, I don't see Fleck taking a guy he doesn't want just because he is from Minnesota. But if a hometown kid can help us and wants to come back that sure feels like a win/win to me.
No track record of Fleck wanting MN kids in the portal. He wants the best that want to be Gophers.

PJ doesn’t seem to take things personally that we’ve seen so far. As long as someone is transferring “for the right reasons “ (pj’s words) and they can help, I expect PJ would take them.

I agree if dude can help you take him.

He might want Quinn though. He recruited Quinn very persistently last time.....
Thanks. I asked that obliquely in the first post in this thread because I couldn't recall how hard Fleck pursued Carroll.

He must not be that good, most of the ND line is transferring or graduating. They had a freshman starting at left tackle most of the year because another freshman got hurt the first game. He would be good for Nebraska.

Last edited:

PJ Fleck wanted him badly. Quinn Carroll picked his dream school, Notre Dame. I believe someone in his family played for the Irish.

I think he will fit perfectly fine. He will get his graduate school paid for, and gets to play in front of friends and family.

It is a question of how many years of eligibility he has remaining.

He chose wisely.

I believe Carroll would play guard for the gophers. As for Benhart, I'd take him in a second. He's a good player. We've beaten them enough so dad has been humbled.

Highly rated guys like this can be used as resources for Fleck. Hey, these guys left the state and look at them now. They came back.
You're either related or didn't pay attention to Nebraska.

Top Bottom