Quarterback sneak. One thing I don't understand

#2Gopher

Reaction score
While I support the idea of a quarterback sneak, what I don't like is a running back making the push from behind. Wouldn't a linebacker or a very solid extra lineman be better to make the push into the end zone or for a first down?

While I support the idea of a quarterback sneak, what I don't like is a running back making the push from behind. Wouldn't a linebacker or a very solid extra lineman be better to make the push into the end zone or for a first down?
The running back could be there also as a decoy that the defense has to respect.

The running back could be there also as a decoy that the defense has to respect.
+1

Kind of like when we used to run the Green Line wildcat, and would leave the starting QB in. The defense had to leave in the personnel to defend our base offense.

Not a fan of the QB sneak near the goal line. It often comes down to an official's decision after a big pile-up and video review. Have a RB blast across the line and leave no freaking doubt. I like the sneak a lot more when used farther from the goal line. Yes, it worked, this time...

Top Bottom