Pro-Leach Email Campaign!

I don't understand why many on here think that the "U" can't possibly afford to hire somebody like Leach. Many cite things like checkered backgrounds, arrogance, and attitude as reasons that Maturi couldn't possibly hire Leach in fear that it would be a public relations nightmare or whatever.

I believe we can absolutely afford to take a risk on someone like Leach. We have had Gutey, Wacker, Mason, and Brew. The one thing these men have in common is that they are all extremely pleasant, smooth-around-the-edges, non-offending, media friendly, ma and pop approved, ON THE FIELD LOSERS!!

Let's hire someone not in the same mold as these previous coaches. Stop being safe. Hire the man that ruffles some feathers, swears a little because he's passionate, and has the gusto to kick this football program in the ass and win some freakin' games. I'm sick of our fanbases mentality of "nice guy" necessity.

Just remember where "Nice guys" usually finish.

Leach isn't at the very top of my list, but please list all of the programs Kevin Sumlin has built? Art Briles built Houston. Sumlin has kept it going so far.

Bill Yeoman "built" Houston. Ask anyone who follows the Houston Cougar football program today on the subject of who revived the program to the relevance it has today and the answer is Sumlin not Briles. Again, Briles never won a bowl game at Houston nor had his in the Top 25. Sumlin has done both.

I grew up in Wisconsin so most of my friends are Badger fans, unfortunately. They do not want Leach to be the next coach because they think his offense would give the Badgers fits.

Maturi should hire Mike Leach right now. Horton can run the team for remainder of this season. However, Leach can put togather his staff, evaluate the returning players and start recruiting his needs. The rest of the year could be an extension of spring practice. This year is lost. We need to start building for the future right now.

Bump.

This can not be a one day campaign from 20 different posters. Email, post on twitter and facebook, get your non-'Holer friends to drop a line.

This is becoming more important as we hear names Like Shannon, with his 14-14 conference record in a weaker conference and Sumlin with a DRAMATICALLY inferior resume become 'top targets'.

Anyone with less credentials than Leach is not acceptable, keep emailing.

Maturi should hire Mike Leach right now. Horton can run the team for remainder of this season. However, Leach can put togather his staff, evaluate the returning players and start recruiting his needs. The rest of the year could be an extension of spring practice. This year is lost. We need to start building for the future right now.

Makes sense to me.

Here's my response from Maturi:

Thanks for your recommendation of ,Coach Leach. I have received many
on him - some positive and some not. We will hire the best coach we can.

Joel Maturi

Sent from my iPhone

Here's my response from Maturi:

Thanks for your recommendation of ,Coach Leach. I have received many
on him - some positive and some not. We will hire the best coach we can.

Joel Maturi

Sent from my iPhone

I got something very similar:

"The voting is on and Coach Leach is ahead in the voting- both in positive and negative votes- whatever that means. The search has begun and we are working hard to find the best coach we can.

Joel Maturi"

I can't believe they are getting anti-Leach emails.

We should find those people and 'enlighten' them.. =)

Since most of his negatives revolve around his relationship with his bosses, I think Joel needs to take one for the team. The Minnesota fan base has seen enough losing and could use a pick me up. Joel can fall on the swords for us, cant' he? We have paid his salary for 8 years and received very little in return. Can Leach really be worse than Mason and Brew? They didn't really run a tight ship if you know what I mean.

Make your voices heard for the obvious choice as next head coach! Let Maturi know your feelings! We can not sit silent while this type of decision is being made!

[email protected]
Sorry, can't support Leach. Not because of his infamous personality -- I liked Billy Martin. But Martin had his teams play good, fundamental baseball. Leach's teams look like playground flagball to me. I just don't like that brand of football. I know my opinion is in the minority, but this is the place to express it, right? Thanks for listening.

Sorry, can't support Leach. Not because of his infamous personality -- I liked Billy Martin. But Martin had his teams play good, fundamental baseball. Leach's teams look like playground flagball to me. I just don't like that brand of football. I know my opinion is in the minority, but this is the place to express it, right? Thanks for listening.
Who cares what type of offense we play as long as we win games...Seriously triple option, pound the rock, air raid, give me whatever will win us ball games, period.

Who cares what type of offense we play as long as we win games...Seriously triple option, pound the rock, air raid, give me whatever will win us ball games, period.

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS!

It's totally ok for people to have their own 'brand' of football. I don't like the spread and to be honest, I love the type of offense we are running now. But at this part in the juncture, I just want a guy that can WIN, and that's it. I don't care what type of 'ball he implements.

Bump.

No way GL ever takes that pic for the Strib blog with Leach running the show.

I doubt we only put up 10 against OSU either.

I've seen many new 'Holers lately, send the email.

Top Bottom