Price switches to UNC

That's frustrating; I was just noting how we've acquired a few recruits who have decommitted from other schools and was thinking it hadn't happened to us yet...And now here we are.

Wonder if the Lewis' (JUCO CB) commitment has anything to do with Price's decision.

Wonder if the Lewis' (JUCO CB) commitment has anything to do with Price's decision.

UNC is a formidable foe when it comes to recruiting. They have a beautiful campus, a head coach with previous success on the field and in recruiting, as well as John Blake as an assistant who is regarded as one of the top recruiters in the country. John Blake was a terrible head coach at Oklahoma however before Stoops got there even though he could recruit great talent.

Easy come, easy go. We'll get someone just as good if not better. :)

JP committed to us just to keep the door open, as it is I'm more excited about, RobDonavan Lewis and Brock Vereen. Price decommitting means we can take both.

I would rather have RobDonovan Lewis and Brock Vereen...........but he was a great prospect and it showed as there was a lot of competition for him. Oh well....

UNC is a formidable foe when it comes to recruiting. They have a beautiful campus, a head coach with previous success on the field and in recruiting, as well as John Blake as an assistant who is regarded as one of the top recruiters in the country. John Blake was a terrible head coach at Oklahoma however before Stoops got there even though he could recruit great talent.

Chapel Hill is the most over-rated campus in America. Football is bareley even a sport at UNC. They have completely sucked for almost 30 years. Every few years the national media talks them up and gives them a preseason ranking and then they get their butts kicked all over the place. And they play in a conference that is a complete joke when it comes to football.

Frankly, I am shocked UNC agreed to a series with Minnesota. This is the type of program Mason's Gophers could have beat by 30-40 pts. I expect that they will try to back-out when 2013 is getting close.

Chapel Hill is the most over-rated campus in America. Football is bareley even a sport at UNC. They have completely sucked for almost 30 years. Every few years the national media talks them up and gives them a preseason ranking and then they get their butts kicked all over the place. And they play in a conference that is a complete joke when it comes to football.

Frankly, I am shocked UNC agreed to a series with Minnesota. This is the type of program Mason's Gophers could have beat by 30-40 pts. I expect that they will try to back-out when 2013 is getting close.

we haven't exactly been a football powerhouse the last 30 years either there buddy and I wouldn't exactly classify Minnesota as a football school. UNC is a good school and I give them credit for really trying to improve the program by taking such steps as bringing in a good coach and staff. You do recall as well that they had a pretty good coach by the name of Mack Brown a few years back as well. I highly doubt they will be scared of us and back out, they are doing a solid job at recruiting and have a proven coach who has shown he knows how to win with talent. I think that over the last 30 years they have been a very similar program to Minnesota in regards to on the field success.

we haven't exactly been a football powerhouse the last 30 years either there buddy and I wouldn't exactly classify Minnesota as a football school. UNC is a good school and I give them credit for really trying to improve the program by taking such steps as bringing in a good coach and staff. You do recall as well that they had a pretty good coach by the name of Mack Brown a few years back as well. I highly doubt they will be scared of us and back out, they are doing a solid job at recruiting and have a proven coach who has shown he knows how to win with talent. I think that over the last 30 years they have been a very similar program to Minnesota in regards to on the field success.

There's no comparision. Despite our "mediocrity" over the last decade, Minnesota has a much higher winning percetange and plays in a much better conference for football. An ACC title is basically there for the taking and no one seems to ever want it.

They get no points in my book for paying a failed NFL HC too much money. I'm also not impressed that they hired our failed DC. UNC is all hype right now, but the glow can't last much longer. Absorbing FSU.... then V-Tech, Boston College and Miami was the end of UNC's hope of ever winning the ACC again in football.

You do recall as well that they had a pretty good coach by the name of Mack Brown a few years back as well. I highly doubt they will be scared of us and back out, they are doing a solid job at recruiting and have a proven coach who has shown he knows how to win with talent. I think that over the last 30 years they have been a very similar program to Minnesota in regards to on the field success.

mack brown doesn't coach there anymore. they're on their 3rd coach since he left. 61-87 since mack left.

what's to say butch davis doesn't bail like mack brown once something good opens up? of course that would count on butch davis winning something...

There's no comparision. Despite our "mediocrity" over the last decade, Minnesota has a much higher winning percetange and plays in a much better conference for football. An ACC title is basically there for the taking and no one seems to ever want it.

They get no points in my book for paying a failed NFL HC too much money. I'm also not impressed that they hired our failed DC. UNC is all hype right now, but the glow can't last much longer. Absorbing FSU.... then V-Tech, Boston College and Miami was the end of UNC's hope of ever winning the ACC again in football.

First off are you going to bash every program that takes a recruit from us? I also didn't know that being a less than successful NFL coach means you cannot be an excellent college coach. I guess that Pete Carroll and Lou Holtz didn't get that memo. In regards to Butch Davis however he has already proven he can win at the collegiate level before going to the NFL and taking over a NFL franchise that no coach has been able to win at yet since they came back into the league. In regards to them hiring our "failed" DC, you might want to look at where their defense ranks in regards to ours. In addition it isn't as if our current DC hasn't failed at previous stops in his career. I just respect the program that is trying to rebuild and is going through the same process as the gophers right now. I am not even a UNC fan, just don't feel the need to disparage another program simply because they took one recruit from us. I was just trying to say that it is nothing to feel bad about losing a recruit to a program the caliber of UNC because they are really starting to do a good job of recruiting.

mack brown doesn't coach there anymore. they're on their 3rd coach since he left. 61-87 since mack left.

what's to say butch davis doesn't bail like mack brown once something good opens up? of course that would count on butch davis winning something...

Your right there are no guarantees that he would stay there if something better cam along. That can be said for most coaching positions however, including Minnesota.

First off are you going to bash every program that takes a recruit from us?

No, I actually don't care if he goes to UNC. I don't think anything I have said about UNC is unfair or untrue.

Pay a coch a conference-leading salary, bring in great recruits, get ranked. Then lose, lose, lose. The attention-grabbing nature of UNC is annoying to me. And I'm not alone.

The fact that the ACC football title is decided by a very public hurling of turds against a wall to see if anything will stick is also annoying.

"Parity" is code for "they don't have a single team that could finnish in the top-half of the Big Ten, SEC, Big 12 or Pac Ten ... but someone has to play in the Orange Bowl."

I think is does, but not in the sense that he cooled because we picked up a juco, but rather that we went and got a juco in the thought that he was bailing. I mean "Minnesota, a thing with them is the weather" is pretty f#king weak and that is just what he said on record. Maybe the staff knew he was a done deal when he visited Chapel Hill last month and started shopping JUCOs in earnest, and if they saw it coming and got a replacement on short notice, kudos to them.

Now they ought to figure out a way to get their tough-guy-wannabe-brawlers attitude on the team to show up on the field instead of outside the neighborhood pizzeria!

[BaBoomKlash] HAYO!!!!! (carpenter):clap:

Butch Davis isn't leaving any time soon. He turned down the Tenn. job last year because of what they have going on at UNC. I know this because I still have contact with their DC. They had a great recruiting class last year and their defense has been in the top ten this year.

Gophers haven't won a Big Ten title since 1967. North Carolina has won four ACC titles since then. Don't think a Gopher fan can criticize another team's title chances when we haven't won one in 42 years.

And their coach just delivered a signature win on the road against 13th-ranked Virginia Tech! What did our coach just do on the road against ranked opponents?

Also, working DT MPLS you see alot of UNC gear, not sure they are all UNC alumni/alumnae but you do see a lot of the NC baby blue.

There's no comparision. Despite our "mediocrity" over the last FOURdecadeS, Minnesota has a much higher winning percetange and plays in a much better conference for football. An ACC title is basically there for the taking and no one seems to ever want it.

Fixed it for you.

we haven't exactly been a football powerhouse the last 30 years either there buddy

What are you talking about? Nebraska has been very good the last 30 years. Or are 3 national championships not good enough for you?

It gets really old seeing you come on here all the time and disparage all these other programs constantly. Notre Dame sucks, Nebraska sucks, Florida State sucks, Clemson sucks, A & M sucks, Boise St. sucks, TCU sucks, and now UNC sucks. Why do you even care, and why bring it up, especially when none of these are Big Ten programs, and all are schools we rarely/never play? Here's a hint: you don't have to drag down other schools (especially non-conference) to bring Minnesota up. It's not a zero-sum game.

And others have already beaten me to it, but I'll bring it up again anyway: UNC has gone to (and won) 3 NYD bowls in the last 16 years. They've also won 4 ACC titles since 1971. How many NYD bowls have our Gophers attended in the last 16 years? How many conference titles have our Gophers won since 1971? Thanks in advance for your answer. I'll hang up and listen.

I think is does, but not in the sense that he cooled because we picked up a juco, but rather that we went and got a juco in the thought that he was bailing. I mean "Minnesota, a thing with them is the weather" is pretty f#king weak and that is just what he said on record. Maybe the staff knew he was a done deal when he visited Chapel Hill last month and started shopping JUCOs in earnest, and if they saw it coming and got a replacement on short notice, kudos to them.

Now they ought to figure out a way to get their tough-guy-wannabe-brawlers attitude on the team to show up on the field instead of outside the neighborhood pizzeria!

[BaBoomKlash] HAYO!!!!! (carpenter):clap:

That's the logic I was getting at and I should have been more clear in my first post. I was wondering if the coaching staff figured that Price was probably not going to stick with his choice and had an offer ready for Lewis when Price bailed.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Top Bottom