Predictions for last 7 games...

WilliamsArenaGuy

Reaction score
I will go on record they will finish 6-1. I don't know which one they will lose, but 12-8 in this Big Ten is a pretty great year.

I will go on record they will finish 6-1. I don't know which one they will lose, but 12-8 in this Big Ten is a pretty great year.
I also see 6-1 finish to end up 12-8. I would not call that great. Great to me is 17-3 0r 18-2 type seasons. A 60% win rate is good.

Would be better as a poll.

i See 4-3

Iowa, Indiana, Maryland, Nebraska, @Northwestern- Win

@Bucky and @IU-losses

5-2. Dancing.

6-1 with the loss at Indiana. This would be a “great” finish in the toughest conference in America.

5-2. Need the supporting role players- Gabe, Willis, Demir, Ihnen, and Williams to be solid on both ends to do that. They don't have to got crazy but we are not going 5-2 on the back of 2 guys. We cannot have one of the bricklaying games. That has to be over with.

Hoping for 5-2. Thinking 4-3 or even 3-4. With the poor outside shooting I wouldn't be surprised to see us lose the away games. If we lose to Iowa at home then I think it's 3-4.
For all you who think 6-1, I hope you are right. I would love nothing better than to be wrong about the outcomes of these next seven games.

6-1 or 5-2 depending on if we can beat Maryland at home. I think we lose @ Indiana but sweep Becky this year.

The Gophers are an awful shooting team. That isn’t going to magically change over the next 7 games. They finish 3-4 and shoot themselves out of a NCAA Tourney bid.

I also see 6-1 finish to end up 12-8. I would not call that great. Great to me is 17-3 0r 18-2 type seasons. A 60% win rate is good.

Well, I said "pretty great" which is technically different. And I am comparing it to our history, not just in general. Obviously, this isn't a "great" season. But 12-8 for this program in this conference after the way the year started out (I thought they were going to be under .500 overall in late November), seems "pretty great" to me. Then we can work on getting Oturu back and having a really 'great' year next year.

Well, I said "pretty great" which is technically different. And I am comparing it to our history, not just in general. Obviously, this isn't a "great" season. But 12-8 for this program in this conference after the way the year started out (I thought they were going to be under .500 overall in late November), seems "pretty great" to me. Then we can work on getting Oturu back and having a really 'great' year next year.
Just a different way of looking at it, no big deal. Have to have Oturu back for a great year because of what others are adding. Lets start by finishing ahead of UW just once.

Yes, if Mn could finish ahead of lil Brad and Gard the enabler once, all would be swell.

Lots of optimism in this thread compared to the rest of the board. I'll say 3-4 because optimism is not in my vocabulary.

If we go 3 and 4, thus 9-11 in conference and 15-15 overall. We will have to win at least one in the BIG tourney to evey get a bid to the NIT.

Why not 7 and 0? Dream big!
The schedule is favorable. We are just so inconsistent. Gotta win 5 for sure or disappointing.

5-2 finish that'll be consistent with the hot and cold trend this year.

W - Iowa
W - Indiana
W - @Northwestern
L - Maryland
L @Wisconsin
W - @Indiana
W - Nebraska

Lack of quality wins will leave them needing 1 win in B1G to seal NCAA berth.

I think 5-2 at least. Could see 6-1. We match up well with Wisconsin even on a "bad shooting" night. @Indiana will be interesting. Maryland scares me the most at home.

Wins- Iowa, Indiana, @NW, @Wiskey, Nebraska
Losses- Maryland and @ Indiana.

The Gophers are an awful shooting team. That isn’t going to magically change over the next 7 games. They finish 3-4 and shoot themselves out of a NCAA Tourney bid.

So we cannot win games with our defense and inside presence?

4-3. Just not consistent enough shooting. Defense is usually there.

I think Coyle is smarter than that.

I was listening to a Jeff Goodman podcast last week with someone whom I'm forgetting right now, but they think this year is really slow on the coach firings and that the market for guys moving up will be minimal. Said they thought all B1G coaches make it. Mention of the big jobs maybe Miami, Wake Forest, Texas, Depaul, and Boston College as it for right now.

Sadly I don't think 9-11 and 15-15 gets him canned.

Man with just 7 games (plus BTT) this season really has so many ways it could go! Imagine this scenario Iowa-W IND-W NW-W MD--L Wisc L IND-L (all very plausible) we go into the last game at 15-14. We win that game and 1 game in BTT we are in the NCAA tourney I think, we lay an egg vs NEB and round 1 of BTT and we dont even get a NIT invite.

I guess on the plus side, if we went to the CIT we could play against UNC, get them to come to the barn! :ROFLMAO:

So we cannot win games with our defense and inside presence?
They’ve won 12 games up to this point while being an awful shooting team. So yes they can win games with their defense and inside presence.

Since I didn’t predict 0-7 to end the season the question if I think they can win 3 more games with their defense and inside presence doesn’t even need to be be asked.

Man with just 7 games (plus BTT) this season really has so many ways it could go! Imagine this scenario Iowa-W IND-W NW-W MD--L Wisc L IND-L (all very plausible) we go into the last game at 15-14. We win that game and 1 game in BTT we are in the NCAA tourney I think, we lay an egg vs NEB and round 1 of BTT and we dont even get a NIT invite.

I guess on the plus side, if we went to the CIT we could play against UNC, get them to come to the barn! :ROFLMAO:

The CIT excludes major conference teams, but if it didn't I highly doubt UNC or Minnesota would accept an invitation to play in a tournament where the school is sure to lose money.

Top Bottom