Predictions for last 7 games...

They’ve won 12 games up to this point while being an awful shooting team. So yes they can win games with their defense and inside presence.

Since I didn’t predict 0-7 to end the season the question if I think they can win 3 more games with their defense and inside presence doesn’t even need to be be asked.
Defense is 60th. If it was 20th we would be a top 15 team

The CIT excludes major conference teams, but if it didn't I highly doubt UNC or Minnesota would accept an invitation to play in a tournament where the school is sure to lose money.
That was a joke ha It was more of a dig on UNC who I despise. :giggle:

They’ve won 12 games up to this point while being an awful shooting team. So yes they can win games with their defense and inside presence.

Since I didn’t predict 0-7 to end the season the question if I think they can win 3 more games with their defense and inside presence doesn’t even need to be be asked.

The shooting argument can really be a test to how much more efficient we are this year. Our 3 point percentage is almost similar to last year with Gabe being "awful" for him, yet we are shooting a ton more. We have already shot 10 more than all of last year with many games left to play. We also are shooting free throws better. We have our three guys who take a majority of those shots all shooting above 33% from 3's. Our KenPom offensively is better too.

My point is our D and more efficient offense makes me think we can win @ least 4. Two are most likely gimmies while our D and more efficient offense should get us two more.

The Gophers are an awful shooting team. That isn’t going to magically change over the next 7 games. They finish 3-4 and shoot themselves out of a NCAA Tourney bid.
Really? We're gonna drop 4 games? Love to see you have faith in the team champ.

If we go 3-4 I will delete my GH account.

Really? We're gonna drop 4 games? Love to see you have faith in the team champ.

If we go 3-4 I will delete my GH account.
That would be great.

Even better if you did it now.

5-2 locks ‘em in to NCAA bid, so I’ll predict they do one less than that. Gophers never make it easy on themselves.

So I’ll say they finish 4-3 & head to Indy needing 2 wins.
That's my prediction as well. Losses at IU and W and at home to Maryland.

High degree of variability to this forecast. Their shooting has been hit and miss. Get Gabe on track, and things take on a very different look.

i'm going to say 5-2 at this point. Stealing a road game not at Northwestern and choking up against Maryland at home.

I'd say 4-3 or 3-4. They are just way too inconsistent.

Basically you have Oturo and Carr that you know what you will get from them every game. The rest can be either terrible or decent depending on the day.

If we go 3 and 4, thus 9-11 in conference and 15-15 overall. We will have to win at least one in the BIG tourney to evey get a bid to the NIT.
Who cares really.

NIT bid should be declined. I'm so done with this tourney. It is garbage and teams that play there are garbage as well. If I'm Oturo and they make the NIT, I sit it out.

Who cares really.

NIT bid should be declined. I'm so done with this tourney. It is garbage and teams that play there are garbage as well. If I'm Oturo and they make the NIT, I sit it out.
I would not blame Oturu for sitting out the NIT if his plan is to go into the draft. However, the team should without a doubt accept the invitation if that's what it comes to. It's a chance to play Freeman and Ihnen and get started on next year. It's games. Games are experience.

5-2
Losses will be Iowa and MD. (I hate Iowa, but they are playing at a high level and we do not match up well)

thought Indiana was better earlier...not anymore. Wisky is not a good team. NW is playing better as of late but not good enough. Nebraska on the road is a train wreck.

Who cares really.

So according to Go Gophs, I guess college basketball has 285 garbage teams every year.

Not a very intelligent statement for you. Coaches will never turn down the NIT for the simple fact that it gets you more games. There have been many instances where a team used the NIT to springboard into a NCAA tournament berth the very next year. So you wouldn't want more games to get Tre and Ihnen more experience?

I'm glad you aren't Oturu, and I'm glad you aren't coaching the Gophers as well.

That would be great.

Even better if you did it now.
Sheesh USAF is a little follower of yours isn't he Scools?

Why don't you stake something on your 3-4 prediction? We all know you don't really believe in it.

Edit: USAF instead of doing some high school type shit and liking every negative Scools comment at me why don't you actually post something of value for once? Just a recommendation.

I would not blame Oturu for sitting out the NIT if his plan is to go into the draft. However, the team should without a doubt accept the invitation if that's what it comes to. It's a chance to play Freeman and Ihnen and get started on next year. It's games. Games are experience.
I hear ya.

I don't like the NIT though. Not one bit. I'd rather they just practice. It's embarrasing and IMO a black eye to even have your name included on the bracket.
So according to Go Gophs, I guess college basketball has 285 garbage teams every year.

Not a very intelligent statement for you. Coaches will never turn down the NIT for the simple fact that it gets you more games. There have been many instances where a team used the NIT to springboard into a NCAA tournament berth the very next year. So you wouldn't want more games to get Tre and Ihnen more experience?

I'm glad you aren't Oturu, and I'm glad you aren't coaching the Gophers as well.

The top ones turn it down all the time.

Minnesota has turned down the CBI before.

With as wacky as the B1G has been this year, anywhere between 3-4 and 6-1 is a reasonable prediction. I'm optimistic and think we'll finish strong, and this team could be real exciting and pull off some upsets in the dance when the outside shooting heats up at just the right time.

I hear ya.

I don't like the NIT though. Not one bit. I'd rather they just practice. It's embarrasing and IMO a black eye to even have your name included on the bracket.

Can they practice if they don't accept it? I didn't think they could or is that just football?

I hear ya.

It is very rare for a team to decline the NIT, especially now that the NCAA owns the NIT. Here are the reasons for the last two:

Georgia: Declined in 2018 because the coach was fired.
LSU: Declined in 2016 because Ben Simmons decided not to play and the team had too many injuries, per coach Johnny Jones.

He doesn't have the balls.
I can't help the fact you are infatuated with me and what I post about a college basketball team.

Also, why would I delete my account? Your weird infatuation with me makes it too easy. You are simply a puppet.

I hear ya.

Kentucky and North Carolina have both accepted NIT invites in the last 15 years on the rare occasions they don’t make the NCAA Tournament. Turning down the CBI I understand, though I remember Purdue accepting a bid around 2012 or so.

I can't help the fact you are infatuated with me and what I post about a college basketball team.

Also, why would I delete my account? Your weird infatuation with me makes it too easy. You are simply a puppet.
Infatuated? You're nuts. In case you didn't notice, this is a FORUM. If I see some tool spouting nonsense and hate about the team everyone else supports I will call them out on it. You just happen to constantly spew BS so I constantly call you out.

Deleting your account would clean up GH considerably. Would only have to deal with USAF's antagonism... so why don't you take one for the team?

Infatuated? You're nuts. In case you didn't notice, this is a FORUM. If I see some tool spouting nonsense and hate about the team everyone else supports I will call them out on it. You just happen to constantly spew BS so I constantly call you out.

Deleting your account would clean up GH considerably. Would only have to deal with USAF's antagonism... so why don't you take one for the team?
What else would you call your following me around on this FORUM? You are infatuated. I will let you down easy. I am not your type. I like girls.

What else would you call your following me around on this FORUM? You are infatuated. I will let you down easy. I am not your type. I like girls.
I thought I made myself clear on what I think of you but it would appear you're brain deficient. I can't stand you or the spiteful shit you pollute this board with daily.

I know you pride yourself on being the biggest clown on GH but shut your mouth for once dude.

I thought I made myself clear on what I think of you but it would appear you're brain deficient. I can't stand you or the spiteful shit you pollute this board with daily.

I know you pride yourself on being the biggest clown on GH but shut your mouth for once dude.
The ass clown who was triggered and needed to respond to my post about the Gophers finishing the season 3-4 is telling me to shut my mouth.

You really are an idiot.

I hear ya.

Not often. Indiana turned down an NIT some years back. As someone else mentioned, UNC and KY each accepted one in the last decade or so.

If going to the NIT is an embarrassment to you, you must have an incredibly low embarrassment threshold. I'd much rather see the team go there than get no post-season at all. I enjoyed the 2014 title and the 2012 run in that tournament.

The ass clown who was triggered and needed to respond to my post about the Gophers finishing the season 3-4 is telling me to shut my mouth.

You really are an idiot.
What 4 games are we going to drop then genius? You don't believe in your own 3-4 prediction and it's obvious. Just a hater.

Please tell me that you are intellectually capable of detecting some irony in these words.

Please tell me that you are intellectually capable of detecting some irony in these words.
Please tell me you're intellectually capable of reading several posts up. That wasn't in response to just a single post chief.

Top Bottom