Predictions for last 7 games...

5-2 finish that'll be consistent with the hot and cold trend this year.

W - Iowa
W - Indiana
W - @Northwestern
L - Maryland
L @Wisconsin
W - @Indiana
W - Nebraska

Lack of quality wins will leave them needing 1 win in B1G to seal NCAA berth.
This looks reasonable to me. I just worry about Iowa. They smoked us in Iowa City. Are we talking just two completely different teams now?

While all teams are better at home than road, Purdue and Iowa this year are extremely poor away from home.

I have you guys going either 5-2 or 6-1. I think you can beat MD. My question is going to Indiana. I have you down for a loss here in Madison.

Sheesh USAF is a little follower of yours isn't he Scools?

Why don't you stake something on your 3-4 prediction? We all know you don't really believe in it.

Edit: USAF instead of doing some high school type shit and liking every negative Scools comment at me why don't you actually post something of value for once? Just a recommendation.
Pitino isnt capable of getting the Gopher basketball program to the level I would like it to be. Therefore, I hope he's replaced, forthwith.

I dont care if they go 7-0 to finish the regular season, 0-7, or somewhere in between. It wont change my mind , nor will it indicate consistently better results in the future.

I think I've "liked" 2 or 3 posts from schools, and liked 2 or 3 mocking him for his history of pretending Fleck isbsome sort of serial liar.

That's as much value as you'll get from me. IMO, nothing could be more valuable than getting the basketball program out of its current mediocrity, and that will require a new coach. Whatever furthers that goal is the most valuable contribution anyone here can make.

Pretty easy to defend without outside scoring, just need some balance, when they get that they are tough.

Don't disagree, if they shoot well they will go 7-0. My point is going at worst 4-3 can be done with the status quo.

This was a young and inexperienced team that hopefully continues to grow and once they turn that corner will be more consistent.

Iowa - W
Indiana - W
@ Northwestern - L
Maryland - L
@ Wisconsin - L
@ Indiana - W
Nebraska - W

Here's how I see the rest of the season playing out:

Remaining Regular Season:
Iowa - W
Indiana - W
@ Northwestern - W
Maryland - W
@ Wisconsin - W
@ Indiana - W
Nebraska - W

B1G Tournament:
Quarterfinal vs #5 Rutgers - W
Semifinal vs #1 Maryland - W
Championship vs #2 Penn State - W

NCAA Tournament #4 Seed:
Round of 64 vs #13 Yale - W
Round of 32 vs #5 Butler - W
Sweet 16 vs #1 Kansas - W
Elite 8 vs #2 Dayton - W
Final 4 vs #1 SDSU - W
Championship vs #1 Gonzaga- W

Unfortuantely the downside of this scenario is that Daniel Oturu 100% leaves for the NBA draft as a lottery pick.

Iowa - W
Indiana - W
@ Northwestern - W
Maryland - W
@ Wisconsin - L
@ Indiana - W
Nebraska - W

4-3

Iowa - W
Indiana - W
@ Northwestern - W
Maryland - L
@ Wisconsin - L
@ Indiana - L
Nebraska - W

5-2
Losses will be Iowa and MD. (I hate Iowa, but they are playing at a high level and we do not match up well)

thought Indiana was better earlier...not anymore. Wisky is not a good team. NW is playing better as of late but not good enough. Nebraska on the road is a train wreck.

Still on track. this loss was expected but does not feel like it.

I will go on record they will finish 6-1. I don't know which one they will lose, but 12-8 in this Big Ten is a pretty great year.

I'd like to revise my prediction. 3-4 at best and we move on from Pitino after the season. Yesterday was a real gut punch and reality check.

4-3

Iowa - W
Indiana - W
@ Northwestern - W
Maryland - L
@ Wisconsin - L
@ Indiana - L
Nebraska - W
We now know the Iowa game was a Big "L" so here goes:

Iowa - L
Indiana - W
@NW - W
Maryland - L
@Wisky - L
@Indiana - L
Nebraska - W

3 and 4 over the final 7, no big dance, maybe the NIT and hopefully Ricky is gone! His recruiting, or lack thereof, is catching up to him. I give him credit for getting the MN guys a couple of years ago, but he has been shutout in-State the past 2 yrs. He doesn't need to get them all, but he DOES need to get 1 or 2 of the top 5 every year, IMHO. When you consistently lose the top in-State recruits to our biggest border rival, something is wrong somewhere in the program. I don't claim to know what it is, and nobody in the press is writing about it, but it is definitely the elephant in the room. This is year 6 or 7, I forget which, but the program is no better now than it was when Tubby was fired. I'm betting and hoping that A.D. Coyle has a short list that he has developed and knows exactly who to call come the end of March.

Well, I overestimated.

Thank the lord.

I appreciate you going back and finding this, but it may be likely that 2-5 doesn't get him gone either. Keep praying like the great fan that you are.

Really? We're gonna drop 4 games? Love to see you have faith in the team champ.

If we go 3-4 I will delete my GH account.
You're still here?

Of course you are, you are nobody of substance.

Last edited:

I appreciate you going back and finding this, but it may be likely that 2-5 doesn't get him gone either. Keep praying like the great fan that you are.
first rule of holes, sport: when you find yourself in one, stop digging.

Interesting thread - most people were pretty optimistic going into the last 7 games and that has really changed as they have gone 1-5.

I was on the fence about Pitino and this team's future entering the last 7 games but it was that Iowa game that I knew Coyle should start looking at some options. Then as the losses kept coming and the wheels fell off it's just become more and more apparent what must be done.

I think it's an easy decision right now, but I will support Coyle whatever he does. But as I have stated before, if he doesn't fire him at the end of the season he will be firing him after NEXT season.

I sincerely did not think 2-5 (or 1-6) was even within two standard deviations of the mean. This is a major thud.

it may be likely that 2-5 doesn't get him gone either.
What????

They'll have beaten the two (by far) worst teams twice, in the last seven games, and that's it. Then in the tourny they'll beat one of those lowly teams again on Wed in the play-in round, and then lose to Penn St in the first round.

Come on...

first rule of holes, sport: when you find yourself in one, stop digging.

I'm not digging. I don't think he will get fired. Now I know this is confusing for you, but please don't misconstrue this as me wanting him or thinking he deserves to stay.

What????

They'll have beaten the two (by far) worst teams twice, in the last seven games, and that's it. Then in the tourny they'll beat one of those lowly teams again on Wed in the play-in round, and then lose to Penn St in the first round.

Come on...

Right now media people seem to act like he's getting another year. That's my only basis.

I'm not digging. I don't think he will get fired. Now I know this is confusing for you, but please don't misconstrue this as me wanting him or thinking he deserves to stay.
You're right, I'm confused. A few minutes ago, you sarcastically named me a "great fan" for wanting Pitino fired.

Now you tell us you, too, want him gone.

It's tough to keep up with your position on this, I admit.

Top Bottom