Prediction on 1st MN boy in class of 2010 to commit to Gophers

Stoodabaker

Reaction score
I'll start.... with no inside info but a gut feeling and say Gjere.

I think Gjere also, but it sounded like that Woodbury athlete (Edwards?) had a great time on his visit. He did recieve an offer as well.

Gjere

Didn't he already commit? Or are you pulling our leg?

I think right now alll signs point to Edwards. Gjere's recruitment is going to explode and we're going to have much, much bigger competition than just Wisc and Iowa for him.

Im going with Henderson god do i hope i am right.:D

if someone said right now.......you get gjere but you lose henderson

would you take it?

if someone said right now.......you get gjere but you lose henderson

would you take it?

NO WAY! For many reasons. The first and foremost is that it is very very early for the 2010 class. I would say there is a 85% we get Gjere early, late, whatever so I want nothing to do with getting out of the Seantrel sweepstakes with a whole year to go. People, don't forget about Beau Allen. He very easily could be the second best kid in MN.

I Say We Get...

Gjere, Henderson and Edwards, along with Beau Allen.

How would everyone feel about that MN haul? :D

Go Gophers!!!

Go Gophers!!!

I would say that would be the best grouping of 4 MN born players to sign here since I was born. I predict we get 3 of those 4. Either Allen or Henderson goes somewhere else. I hope I'm completely wrong!

Edwards. Gjere, if it happens, will be longer (think Hageman). Allen and Henderson are longershots but Allen will (I hope) probably become a Gopher. I believe Henderson will go to USC.

Whether it's misguided or not, alot of people around the Minnesota program are pretty confident that they will get Henderson. Brewster has been working on him since he got the job and they have built a pretty good relationship already, he also has mom on his side which is always good, and MN has some strong connections to Seantrel now with Careful(coached at CDH last year and hates Weiss and ND), Royston(can tell him all about Bret B.), Nance and Shady played with him, and now the new walk on who played next to him, plus his close friends from Howard Pulley basketball, Hageman and Rodney Williams are both going to the U. Should be a long, crazy, recruiting war and I'm sure we will be counted out by most fans of competing teams and national recruiting guys, but I think at the minimum we will be in it until the end. Gjere is the #2 MN kid and will be a**** star and have alot of big options as well. Obviously Henderson being the #1 overall recruit would be the biggest recruit by far we've ever had and the national attention that would come with it plus he is am amazing talent, but getting Gjere will also be a huge deal. I'm not quite as sold on Allen.

Whether it's misguided or not, alot of people around the Minnesota program are pretty confident that they will get Henderson. Brewster has been working on him since he got the job and they have built a pretty good relationship already, he also has mom on his side which is always good, and MN has some strong connections to Seantrel now with Careful(coached at CDH last year and hates Weiss and ND), Royston(can tell him all about Bret B.), Nance and Shady played with him, and now the new walk on who played next to him, plus his close friends from Howard Pulley basketball, Hageman and Rodney Williams are both going to the U. Should be a long, crazy, recruiting war and I'm sure we will be counted out by most fans of competing teams and national recruiting guys, but I think at the minimum we will be in it until the end. Gjere is the #2 MN kid and will be a**** star and have alot of big options as well. Obviously Henderson being the #1 overall recruit would be the biggest recruit by far we've ever had and the national attention that would come with it plus he is am amazing talent, but getting Gjere will also be a huge deal. I'm not quite as sold on Allen.

Dear sweet baby james I hope this is right about Henderson. He will be so highly rated that even being in it till the end will be almost satisfactory. As for the other guys, hopefully there are no Mobley/McNeal types who seem to think they are just way too awesome to possibly consider Minnesota.

Dear sweet baby james I hope this is right about Henderson. He will be so highly rated that even being in it till the end will be almost satisfactory. As for the other guys, hopefully there are no Mobley/McNeal types who seem to think they are just way too awesome to possibly consider Minnesota.

I disagree about Mobley. I think he was seriously considering the U all the way until the end. I don't think he thought he was too good for the U. McNeal just wanted to get away. Growing up just south of the metro, should I get mad at my high school friend because he went to college in New York just to expierience something else? After learning that McNeal has a lot of extended family within a short drive of the Clemson campus, the whole playing in front of family angle is tossed out the window...

Go Gophers!!!

It would be unprecedented. I might take a can of spray paint over to Gibson-Nagurski and paint Brewster is God (sort of like the Clapton is God signs in England in the 60's).

Great post.

I like what you are saying!

I would guess Edwards will be the first 2010 in-state commit.

On Henderson, I think it's us and USC.

I have no opinion on either Allen or Gjere except that they are both really good players and hope that we get both of them.

Henderson's the kind of recruit that can change a program. I hope he comes here, but it's going to take an awful lot of convincing. If the Gophers can step it up a notch on the field this season, that will really, really help their chances with a guy like Henderson.

I know this is early, and a bit off topic, but is there any chance Tubby promises Henderson a spot on an already good team, if he comes and plays football. I know i read that he said he might want to try to play basketball at college. He is a big body and an athlete who I am sure Tubby can find a few spot minutes for in college. But just wondering if there has been any discussion between the two, and don't you think Brew would see if he can get Tubby to give him a visit. We need every advantage we can get with this kid and I'm assuming that they will pull out all tricks to try to get him.

Too lazy to google so will ask - anyone know who's 2010 recruits' parents are either Michigan grads or "nuts about Michigan"?

It would be amazing to land all of those players. But does anybody think that this years recruiting class (3 OT's) is going to affect Henderson/Gjere from signing in Minnesota?

It would be amazing to land all of those players. But does anybody think that this years recruiting class (3 OT's) is going to affect Henderson/Gjere from signing in Minnesota?

Not at all, because you will see these kids get moved around some.

Gjere is a guard so that shouldn't be a problem.

If you were Henderson and everybody was telling you that you are the top OL prospect in the last 2-3 years would you be afraid of a team recruiting 3 star OT's the prior year? He is the best tackle in the state of Minnesota behind Bryant McKinnie. I think he understands that if he comes here he will start from day one.

They may get moved around some, but really there are not a lot of places to move guys this size. Gjere, Henderson, Olson, and Michel are all 6'7" or taller, and you don't see a lot of centers, guards, or d-linemen this big. I do remember reading somewhere that Campion may be a good fit at guard.

I am guessing there will be some battles among these guys for the tackle spots if Henderson and/or Gjere choose the Gophers. If they are as good as advertised, though, they should be good enough to win a starting spot and should not have to worry about the depth chart.

Too lazy to google so will ask - anyone know who's 2010 recruits' parents are either Michigan grads or "nuts about Michigan"?

I don't even know how to search for that via Google. I've heard rumors that Gjere grew up a Michigan fan but I've never seen it from what I would consider an official source. I assume that is what you're talking about. In GL's interview on GH he said his mother drives by the new stadium every day for work and she gives him updates so I'm not sure if the affinity for Michigan actually comes from the parents or if it even exists.

They may get moved around some, but really there are not a lot of places to move guys this size. Gjere, Henderson, Olson, and Michel are all 6'7" or taller, and you don't see a lot of centers, guards, or d-linemen this big. I do remember reading somewhere that Campion may be a good fit at guard.

I am guessing there will be some battles among these guys for the tackle spots if Henderson and/or Gjere choose the Gophers. If they are as good as advertised, though, they should be good enough to win a starting spot and should not have to worry about the depth chart.

I know its not common, but have you seen Texas Tech o-line this year?!

Top Bottom