Predict the Score Thread - Floyd of Rosedale on the Line!!! MINNESOTA vs Iowa

I’m liking our chances...
Gophers 28-13

I'd be very pleasantly surprised if we scored 28 on Iowa although we did manage that or more in three of the last 10 meetings. In the last 5 our highest score was 22.

Gophers have to come through this week! We have a Floyd traveling trophy tradition with our friends from Iowa City. Gophs won the first year we actually started exchanging Floyd and then he spent the following 8 years in Iowa City and finally returned home last year. Since they now had a hole in their decor, we created Floid and left it with them. Both will be on display in Lot 37 on Saturday and hopefully the real Floyd will be staying in Minnesota for another year.

Gophers 20 Hogeyes 13

IMG_3260.jpgIMG_5555.jpg

Gophers 23-13 seems about right.
Low scoring, total stays under 40 points, Minnesota plays mistake free football and will win comfortably.

Gophers 13 - Iowa 9

Gophers score lone TD on Perich punt return. Iowa complains that he signaled a fair catch for the next year.

Last edited:

Iowa 4. U 3. PJ reverts to Fleck ball. Iowa scores two safeties on nearly identical successive series in the first half - Iowa punter pins Minnesota at its own 1/2 yard line and despite putting all 11 defenders in the box, PJ insists on RUTM. Brosmer finally gets traction in the hurry up after the 2 minute timeout but the U isn't able to get off the game winning kick after Peej burns two timeouts in the first two series of the second half to avoid delay of game penalties and loses a challenge on an Iowa fair catch at the beginning of the 4th. Floyd of Rosedale is raffled off after the game since no one really is a winner in this stinker of a game.

While I think a shutout of Iowa is possible, they probably will score some points.

Minnesota: 21
Iowa: 10

Top Bottom