Potts and MBS in portal

Both seem like good kids. Both probably had an uphill battle for playing time in 2023. Thanks to both of them for their hard work and good character, I'll root for them wherever they go as long as it's not Bucky or Iowa.

Seeing who’s come into their respective rooms, this is no surprise.

we needed more guys to transfer out.....not shocked by either move
Same, though now we are at 84 scholarships, so I would be a tad shocked to see more movement before spring practice, but I expect a couple of transfers in and out during that time period.

Again, the guys waiting until right before spring ball starts.

They have to be already gone, aren’t in Mpls, haven’t done any winter workouts, and for some damn reason just waited to go into the portal now.

Hope they’ve been working out on their own with trainers.

Good luck to em! Hope they both land somewhere fulfilling and have great seasons.

Again, the guys waiting until right before spring ball starts.

They have to be already gone, aren’t in Mpls, haven’t done any winter workouts, and for some damn reason just waited to go into the portal now.

Hope they’ve been working out on their own with trainers.

Good luck to em! Hope they both land somewhere fulfilling and have great seasons.

I was almost certain I saw Potts in some of the offseason workout videos posted by Gopher Football.

Then how the hell does he know he’s been passed up on the depth chart, if they haven’t even done spring ball yet??

:unsure:

Then how the hell does he know he’s been passed up on the depth chart, if they haven’t even done spring ball yet??

:unsure:

He can see how the guys he is competing with look in said workouts. Other athletes can tell if someone is a "dude" and likely will impact their depth chart position. Also, we know PJ is very good about telling guys where they stand. Sure it was a combo of the two.

Basketball players transfer out: "The Program is Doomed!"

Football players transfer out: "Everything is Fine!"
In fairness, one of these programs is on the Titanic while the other, comparatively speaking, is on the Love Boat. The transfers on the defensive side make me nervous, but we've already brought in players this transfer season who many thought would -- or could -- play ahead of these two.

We have had a lot of running backs transfer the past two years. Can someone more tuned in than me confirm if we’re gonna have adequate depth at the position next year?

Basketball players transfer out: "The Program is Doomed!"

Football players transfer out: "Everything is Fine!"
That's because if 2 players transfer in basketball it's arguably 20% of the roster and scholarship spots. Almost 15 guys would have to transfer in football to have a same and Gopher FB has a lot more depth than MBB

We have had a lot of running backs transfer the past two years. Can someone more tuned in than me confirm if we’re gonna have adequate depth at the position next year?

In no order:
Sean Tyler - transfer
Bryce Williams - 6th year
Zach Evans - redshirt frosh
Darius Taylor - stud frosh
Marquese Williams - freshman
Plus a couple walkons - Jordan Nubin, Max Grand

In no order:
Sean Tyler - transfer
Bryce Williams - 6th year
Zach Evans - redshirt frosh
Darius Taylor - stud frosh
Marquese Williams - freshman
Plus a couple walkons - Jordan Nubin, Max Grand
My guess is Sean Tyler and Zach Evans are gonna be the go to backs unless Darius Taylor stands out in spring practice. Bryce will do what he has been doing so far and mainly be a blocker/get some carries to shake things up/rest guys.

My guess is Sean Tyler and Zach Evans are gonna be the go to backs unless Darius Taylor stands out in spring practice. Bryce will do what he has been doing so far and mainly be a blocker/get some carries to shake things up/rest guys.
Sorry but I misplaced the memo/TPS report on Taylor. Why is he a potential impact player this fall?

Word from another board is that Evans and Taylor are both looking quite studly in winter workouts thus far.

He can see how the guys he is competing with look in said workouts. Other athletes can tell if someone is a "dude" and likely will impact their depth chart position. Also, we know PJ is very good about telling guys where they stand. Sure it was a combo of the two.
Good post. Nobody knows better than the players how they compare with teammates in their position group.

Top Bottom