POST GAME THREAD: Sound off!!! Gophers beat Syracuse!

Good win. Our players always go hard. Decent season. I’m happy that for the most part this puts all the Covid extra season stuff behind us. It’ll be nice to see a whole new crop of kids out there next year on O and D.

never thought I’d be saying this but great to end the game with next year’s starting QB and the top LB with walking boots on.

Got the win…would have been nice to see some attempt at playing offense in the 4th quarter.

Tanner Morgan finally getting another chance to play was heart warming. Great for him to throw two TDs!

Probably wouldn’t expect the final score if you saw Syracuse with 477 yards to Gophers 217 and 8 more minutes of possession. Checked all the boxes though with win, Mo with records, Morgan getting a nice final effort, see new stars like Bryson.
Iowa fans and staff right now

jeternephew.gif

AK looked great while in, Jackson looked like a stud, Bryson showed why the coaches have been gushing over him all year, Joyner looked great again, Mo broke the records. Lotta positives, which is what you're looking for in a bowl game.

Good win as the Gophers finally made some big plays - too bad Sori-Marin was robbed of his big fumble recovery run. Our running game dull in conception, dull in execution, which is why our game total yards looks bad, but coaches kept running straight ahead into a tough line. Tanner threw only 7 passes in second half, but good to see him in there, two for TDs. Athan was making a case for more passing next year - hope his injury isn't going to be a problem next fall. Defense against the pass worrisome, but the D was on the field a lot and did well in forcing field goals, and keeping the Orange out of the end zone. Younger players on defense give hope - the entire defensive unit plays with a lot of enthusiasm. 9-4 again, which is a lot better than 4-9,

I thought DG12 looked fantastic today, IMO. He seemed to get injured late, but hard to get updates at the bar. Anyone know details on Green?

Wow I had no idea this was a day time game, totally missed it.

Glad this game is over. My flag has been removed from its place and is in hibernation until next fall.

The two young S's played great and Lindenberg is that dude.

If the DEs step up, we could have a pretty fun defense next year.
With 17 and 92 being a year older, and then with some of the stud young kids coming up I expect our DE play will be much better. 8 is a good kid, but just never did much this year and took up a lot of snaps. 1 is not a good pass rusher at all hope to see 97 move down and take his spot on passing downs next year we need some middle push, too.

Great game and win. Here's hoping the B1G and ACC officials approach the bowl about the field. That literally negatively impacted the game and hurt players

Seriously. It's tough to watch some of these bowl games being played on fields that aren't designed for the game. Makes for really shitty football on top of being unsafe.

Iowa fans and staff right now

jeternephew.gif

AK looked great while in, Jackson looked like a stud, Bryson showed why the coaches have been gushing over him all year, Joyner looked great again, Mo broke the records. Lotta positives, which is what you're looking for in a bowl game.
We you add back in Coleman's 70-yard INT score and the 70 yard KO return leading to DJ's second TD, yardage becomes closer. Our D and Its played Iowa football today.

Still need BIG help on the offensive line. Our right side was as poor as any this year.

Top Bottom