Post Game Thread: Gophers With AMAZING Comeback Win!!!

Some people aren’t happy unless they find something to be unhappy about.

Bitching about things is how to demonstrate football knowledge, so I’m impressed by GPG.
bitching or being realistic?

I guess I'm bitching.

Agreed. They'll be competitive in most games with good running game and stout defense. They'll need to find a passing game. I hope Nebby runs over Colorado next week.
The quarterback will run them into some wins they should have no business winning.

Without a doubt. But I seriously doubt anyone is picking things up from a mediocre coach from the 70’s. Just my opinion

I was at the U when Cal Stoll was coach. I can tell you that the environment was not exactly conducive to a winning football team on campus.

Stoll had some wisdom when it came to coaching.

I was at the U when Cal Stoll was coach. I can tell you that the environment was not exactly conducive to a winning football team on campus.

Stoll had some wisdom when it came to coaching.
Fair enough. I was there with Wacker. He did not.

Just got home from the game. Heart rate finally is down to normal. Kudos to the students who jammed the 1st and 2nd deck student area. Loud, I mean loud. And....they stayed until the end. Great W. M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A

That is a really, really good sign for this program. Student enthusiasm! We need that.

Fair enough. I was there with Wacker. He did not.

Sometimes a football coach takes over a program that is not exactly 'set up for success'. If he tries and then fails to win championships, it doesn't always mean he's a 'bad' coach. It may mean he's the kind of person who enjoys a true challenge, and couldn't quite get to the summit of the very steep mountain.

bitching or being realistic?

I guess I'm bitching.
It was one game, teams typically make a big jump from week 1 to week 2. Yeah, it was rough at times but it is way too soon to panic or start drawing conclusions about how the year will go.

First games are weird and starting with a conference opponent is tough. Anyone looking for reasons to complain needs to take a deep breath and relax.

Offense:

#9 Jackson with that great one-foot catch after beating the defender.

1693544508030.png

Defense:

DB #5 Walley made that crucial strip fumble when it looked like Nebraska would win.

1693544951951.png

Honorable mention: Even though Minnesota couldn't run the ball, shocking, I thought RB #2 Tyler looked good for what little he was given.

Offense:

#9 Jackson with that great one-foot catch after beating the defender.

View attachment 26646

Defense:

DB #5 Walley made that crucial strip fumble when it looked like Nebraska would win.

View attachment 26647

Honorable mention: Even though Minnesota couldn't run the ball, shocking, I thought RB #2 Tyler looked good for what little he was given.
That punch was awesome.

When was the last game we won by last second FG? I remember Rhys Lloyd winning the Sun Bowl in 2003 against Oregon. Was there a more recent one?

Top Bottom