Post Game Thread: Gophers Dominate Nevada

D looked great ! DT back on track. Offense with much better balance between passing/ rushing yards. Next the big battle 4 Floyd coming 2 our house .

Not sure why PJ would burn a redshirt game of Lindsey’s to hand the ball off 3 times at the end of the game… I can only presume that they anticipate he will be forced in at some point during the season anyway.

Love it all. DL & DB’s are fun - calls are aggressive. I love it. OL needs to play better, Fr Center needs some time. Love the new PR, that dude thinks he’s going to the house everytime.

Everything looks pretty good with the B1G season around the corner, just needs to clean up some minor details here and there.

Listened to a lof of the first half, but watched the second half. I thought the O-line didn't look that good and they must be holding their cards fairly close to the vest when it comes to the passing game. As per the defense, I was surprised that they kept getting sucked in on the QB draw. Curious to see how things unfold going forward. Great to see Taylor explode and Minor looks like a guy we can trust when Taylor needs to tap out.

Not sure why PJ would burn a redshirt game of Lindsey’s to hand the ball off 3 times at the end of the game… I can only presume that they anticipate he will be forced in at some point during the season anyway.

Can’t guys play 4 games now and not burn?

He can play in either 4 or 5 games and not loose RS

I think the whole OL could be re-tooled but it won’t happen this year. I think we have younger guys like Nelson who would perform better but PJ is all in on 77, et al and I think it’ll scuttle our season if we don’t either see the starters improve significantly or changes in personnel.

In this day and age it makes zero sense to redshirt a top QB prospect.

Nice balance in the Passing and rushing game for 386 yards. The Defense gave the Gophers a shutout! You should drink and sleep well tonight.... ;-)

• Total Yards: 386 (Minnesota) vs. 172 (Nevada)
  • Passing Yards: 191 (Minnesota) vs. 114 (Nevada)
  • Rushing Yards: 195 (Minnesota) vs. 58 (Nevada)
  • First Downs: 20 (Minnesota) vs. 11 (Nevada)
  • Turnovers: 1 (Minnesota) vs. 3 (Nevada)

the days of not playing freshmen like lindsey are over. 4-5 year players are over. if you remember fleck didnt play like 3 qbs the last couple years. They bolted. they need to see the field

Getting back to back shut outs is impressive, regardless of the competition. Kerry Brown was our defensive MVP and DTII was our offensive MVP. it was very balanced attack offensively.
Brosmer is looking more comfortable and decisive. Let's keep Floyd...without the help of a fair catch 😁😁😁

the days of not playing freshmen like lindsey are over. 4-5 year players are over. if you remember fleck didnt play like 3 qbs the last couple years. They bolted. they need to see the field
Players still play 4-5 years they just do it for multiple schools so there is no point saving a year of eligibility on a player you won’t benefit from.

The 3 qbs sucked. Not a bad thing

I could care less about the RS. However, to put him in the game and basically do nothing is ridiculous. If you're going to put him in then why not actually have him run the 2-min drill? At least then you are giving him some solid in-game experience that he can use if god forbid Brosmer gets dinged. There's value in him getting in there and managing the clock and getting the guys lined up as Nevada still had some fight to keep us out. I don't want to hear any shit about not running up the score or anything like that. Those days are over. Look at Notre Dame and Bama wasn't letting up on Wisky.

I could care less about the RS. However, to put him in the game and basically do nothing is ridiculous. If you're going to put him in then why not actually have him run the 2-min drill? At least then you are giving him some solid in-game experience that he can use if god forbid Brosmer gets dinged. There's value in him getting in there and managing the clock and getting the guys lined up as Nevada still had some fight to keep us out.

P.J. Fleck would never run a 2-minute drill while leading 27-0.

Neither would I if I were the head coach.

I understand that I'm old, and it's now 2024, but there still exists a little thing called sportsmanship. At least I hope that's the case.

I could care less about the RS. However, to put him in the game and basically do nothing is ridiculous. If you're going to put him in then why not actually have him run the 2-min drill? At least then you are giving him some solid in-game experience that he can use if god forbid Brosmer gets dinged. There's value in him getting in there and managing the clock and getting the guys lined up as Nevada still had some fight to keep us out. I don't want to hear any shit about not running up the score or anything like that. Those days are over. Look at Notre Dame and Bama wasn't letting up on Wisky.
^ This is exactly where I was going with my query, thanks!

Top Bottom