Post Game Thread: GOPHERS CRUSH MSU! SOUND OFF!

REALLY trying to keep the 1 week theme from PJF but man it's really hard to not look at the schedule and see maybe only 1 loss. Wi isn't good. Iowa isn't good, the rest of the west is bad. At Penn St will be tough but not impossible

Do we dare dream??
We are going to have some battles this year....but right now....Penn State looks like the only team on our schedule that is playing at a level anywhere close to the one we are playing at right now.

Maybe it was just me but when Moe came back in the game after getting injured and they gave him the ball and he made a nice gain and then the line continued pushing and he ended up with several more yards I suddenly got that "Auburn game" feeling.....and everything was right with the world!!

Enjoy this week fellas.....the trolls on the board will have a really hard time finding ways to be negative without looking foolish. Always gotta make the most of those times.
I made the mistake of going to the comments in the Strib's story of the game. For a state that is so proud of "Minnesota Nice" there sure are lot of dinks and just plain assholes living here.

I made the mistake of going to the comments in the Strib's story of the game. For a state that is so proud of "Minnesota Nice" there sure are lot of dinks and just plain assholes living here.
The 11th Commandment: Thou shall stay away from the comments section to maintain peace and sanity.

Anyone else here think Striggow is going to be a beast by the time he's done here? Has a little bit of Jared Allen to him (tall, lean, and athletic).
He definitely shows up out there. Lot of fun to watch.

Anyone else here think Striggow is going to be a beast by the time he's done here? Has a little bit of Jared Allen to him (tall, lean, and athletic).
He might be a better pass catcher than Jared........

What the hell are you even talking about, man?

It isn't always about other teams being bad. Can't you just enjoy cheering for a really, really good team?
You nailed it. This a very good team and the BIG knows it.

REALLY trying to keep the 1 week theme from PJF but man it's really hard to not look at the schedule and see maybe only 1 loss. Wi isn't good. Iowa isn't good, the rest of the west is bad. At Penn St will be tough but not impossible

Do we dare dream??
I don’t disagree. I also think it will still come down to the final game in Madison. Maybe a 1-loss MN vs a 2-loss WI???

You nailed it. This a very good team and the BIG knows it.
A lot of eyes were opened today. Look around the country at all the higher ranked teams struggling with lower ranked teams. There was a lot of wait and see about us after the soft non conf schedule. Going on the road and decimating MSU confirms that what we were seeing in the non-conf season was real and not just due to who we were playing.

We could be on the cusp of a very special season.

Exactly what I expected!
SKI U MAH RTB GO GOPHERS!

What say you GopherHolers?!?
Just got back from East Lansing after watching the Gophers dominate Michigan State in every aspect. Went on the road and beat a team that won 10 games last year and had high hopes for this season just 8 days ago. Defense was outstanding! Offense was inspiring! Was worried about replacing Autman-Bell but Tanner Morgan was incredible (23/26), finding 10 different receivers for at least one catch. Spann-Ford is a beast. Daniel Jackson had a great game. Mo was Mo. Everything clicked. Controlled the clock. Took the crowd out of the game. And seemingly came up with whatever was needed, when it was needed, to move the ball. We had 32 1st Downs and had possession of the ball for 42:30. With those types of stats, it is going to be very hard to beat this team. I am more than excited about what is shaping up to be a special year for Gopher football!

Honestly it is almost as stark of a change as there was when Smith got fired and Rossi took over. I am actually amazed that the coordinator could make that big a difference but the proof is on the field. Morgan looks like a totally different guy....actually I take that back....he looks like that guy we really loved back in 2019 who went away for a couple of years but has seemingly found his way home.
Glad you brought this up. I was thinking the same thing. Kirk C is a heck of an OC just like Rossi on the D. This team is very good and I am excited for more of this season. What could have been last year with KC at OC last year? No way do they lose to Bowling Green and Illinois! Well…just gotta get it this year boys!

Those are all the Sconnie fans that live in Minnesota, and there are a lot of them! Dumb bastards don’t stay on their side of the fence!

I'll just say this:

one test of a good team is that it makes other teams look bad.

so, a skeptic could say "they've only played bad teams."

but that doesn't take into account that the Gophers MADE those teams look bad.

my biggest "takeaway" from the game is that the Gophers forced 3 takeaways. that is very encouraging.

That was fun

I thought we won, but didn't think we'd dominate. Really thought would be tighter game.

Mo fumble was only negative.
I'll add JMS twice not snapping the ball as the rest of the team moves causing 2 procredure penalties. 😜

Maybe it was just me but when Moe came back in the game after getting injured and they gave him the ball and he made a nice gain and then the line continued pushing and he ended up with several more yards I suddenly got that "Auburn game" feeling.....and everything was right with the world!!
That is totally what I thought of during that

Top Bottom