Post Game Thread: Gophers CRUSH Colorado! Sound off!!!

Next week is really intriguing. If the gophers or the badgers win there is a clear cut leader in the clubhouse for the west. I would say Minnesota has a better chance to win there game. After 20 years of watching these 2 teams though they could both win and then shit there pants the next week. Gophers didn’t really play a team at there level but they whooped that ass like they should have. Looking forward to the race in the west.

Fantastic defensive effort.
Offensively, I think Tanner Morgan may be our weak link. His passing is still inconsistent and it may be the difference between wins and losses in the B1G.
I also felt like we had a number of penalties that shouldn't have happened. We beat a bad team, like we should, but we aren't at the offensive level of the 2019 team. (Just my opinion)

I thought the team looked a little ragged today. Passing game still doesn't seem that sharp. Maybe it's his release, but Morgan's short/medium throws don't seem crisp and are often just a tad behind the receiver. Haven't heard anything on Autman-Bell. It's going to hurt if he's done for the year.

No real complaints though. As someone posted above, Fleck probably mentions Bowling Green 2021 at every practice.

The Crab injury was the worst thing to come out of the non-conference slate. Everything else played out to near perfection.

We're on to a massive game at Michigan State next week! START HEATING UP THE CHILI BOYS!
He looked fine after on the sidelines. Walking around no problem.

Morgan's timing was off on several of the short or intermediate routes. he was behind BSF on the tipped ball that led to the INT, and he was behind CAB on the play where CAB was injured.

but - to his credit - his best throws were on the deep route to CAB and the two fade patterns to the back corner of the end zone for TD's.

1st-string defense was solid. good to see some pass rush, and the secondary remains strong. It will be interesting to see what happens when better opponents really test the secondary.

I would think it would be hard to hold your intensity in a game like this so I'm going to overlook the last part of the game. Otherwise a good solid game.

Loved seeing the 2s get quality snaps for the third straight game. Danny Striggow and Jah Joyner are going to be absolute beasts on the DL. This defense is allowing under 6 pts a game going into conference play. And almost all the points were after the starters were done for the game.

Apologies if discussed, but I noticed Ike White wasn't out with the backups and I didn't notice him on the sidelines. Anyone notice anything?

Love how we are taking these teams to the woodshed early and often.

Thrilled. As people have discussed it was great to see the Gophers rolling non conference opponents and didn’t even appear they were opening the playbook too much (I had heard that as an excuse for why we’d only squeak past opponents like South Dakota State and Fresno State in previous years).

It seemed like our offensive line just pushed people around. Read someone say in another thread he’s impressed by how quickly and well that unit has gelled together and I agree.

Passing game even before CAB went down today didn’t impress me a ton and that concerns me as we go into the B1G season. If defenses stack the box, it’d be nice to be confident the passing game could make them pay.

I’ve read about Morgan throwing behind his receivers at times today, but overall are the receivers a group that will be able to get separation? I guess that remains to be seen, but I’d have some faith in Wright, MBS and Jackson…

Thrilled. As people have discussed it was great to see the Gophers rolling non conference opponents and didn’t even appear they were opening the playbook too much (I had heard that as an excuse for why we’d only squeak past opponents like South Dakota State and Fresno State in previous years).

It seemed like our offensive line just pushed people around. Read someone say in another thread he’s impressed by how quickly and well that unit has gelled together and I agree.

Passing game even before CAB went down today didn’t impress me a ton and that concerns me as we go into the B1G season. If defenses stack the box, it’d be nice to be confident the passing game could make them pay.

I’ve read about Morgan throwing behind his receivers at times today, but overall are the receivers a group that will be able to get separation? I guess that remains to be seen, but I’d have some faith in Wright, MBS and Jackson…
It's not a separation issue, it is timing of throws and the QB being late. If Tanner could get them the ball slightly before or just coming out before they break we would really have something. This Issue has been the same since 19.

All the guns in the world couldn’t protect your boys today, Boebert.

I expect a workmanlike beatdown of an overrated Michigan State, at their house, in front of their fans.

:horse:

The team looked great but Colorado is terrible on both sides of the ball. Many questions will at least start to be answered next week.

Mo looks better than before the injury which I admit didn’t think was likely at all. Nubin made a bunch of nice plays. Joyner stood out. The gaps opened up by the blockers were incredible. Considering what we’ve seen in prior years with sleepwalking through non-conference this was really impressive.

I‘ve never seen any quarterback at any level that doesn’t miss on some throws. The criticism Morgan takes, the microscope on every drop back and throw is absolutely ridiculous. Sure, I hope Athan is ready and ultimately even better but there’s no guarantee.

The Bell injury was a heartbreaker and one of those flukes nobody can anticipate. It’s amazing the legs, joints of athletes hold up as well as they do.

Top Bottom