POST GAME THREAD: GOPHERS BEAT USC!!!

It's nice to see us using the screen. I can't remember a PJ team ever throwing any screen passes before this year
The screen game was very strong tonight. Even the one that got knocked down was set up well.

I had a good feeling about this game. I know that means absolutely squat when it comes to the actual outcome, but something just felt right. Turned out to be a great one.

Under the lights, stripe out, and Minnesota battled hard. Not going to lie, I was hella nervous on the fourth down touchdown, and the review to determine if Brosmer made it was agonizing. But it was so worth it. Then that awesome interception at the end. What an effort.

Gotta give the offense props for finally closing out a game against a Power 4 opponent. I can't remember how long its been since that's happened. Gotta give PJ props for going for it on 4th and goal instead of kicking the field goal, I was really hoping he wasn't going to kick it. Lastly, Koi Perich is an absolute stud.

I’m sure I’m not the only one thinking “here we go again” after USC scored pretty easily early in the 2nd half and the offense couldn’t get it going. Glad the players are much more resilient than many of us fans are.

What happened with the band at the end of the game? Watching on TV it seemed weird that no one was there.

What happened with the band at the end of the game? Watching on TV it seemed weird that no one was there.
They've done it since the Penn State win in 2019 I think? Had too many times where the students try to storm the field through the band pit and it's a safety issue.

The O-line arrived and the offense could both pass and run, while the D was awesome. Doesn't get any better than that.

A lot of people question me or even make fun of me asking why I bother following a program that will never win a national championship or maybe even a big ten title.

Nights like this are a reminder why even in its current state, college football can be so much fun. I love the Vikings and love NFL football, but there’s something unique and special about college football that just produces these incredible memories that it’s hard to find anywhere else.

Very happy for the Gophers, they earned every bit of that win! Proud alumni everywhere tonight.

What say you GopherHolers?!
Awesome atmosphere at the game. People stayed through the whole damn thing. It was electric in the stadium. Damn happy for those players after getting jobbed at Michigan last week.

Btw - Koi Perich is good at football.

A lot of people question me or even make fun of me asking why I bother following a program that will never win a national championship or maybe even a big ten title.

Nights like this are a reminder why even in its current state, college football can be so much fun. I love the Vikings and love NFL football, but there’s something unique and special about college football that just produces these incredible memories that it’s hard to find anywhere else.

Agree completely.

Absolutely I disagree. Loved the win. BUT we sure as hell didn’t win it because our OL showed any improvement. We won it because Taylor is a stud and made up for missed blocks by sure determination. Really excited for his effort. And of course our QB played lights out. Wow! great victory for the Gophers.
Wow, team goes for 193 on the ground and Taylor has 144 and the OL showed no improvement? Yes he's a stud but the OL maintained their blocks long enough to get Taylor to next level (Lbs and the Dbs) and with his extra effort came the extra yards. Even Major averaged over 5 yards per carry.

Top Bottom