***POST-GAME THOUGHTS***

thailleagle

Reaction score
Gopher hole will never ever ever ever see another negative post from me... I don't care of we go 0-11 next 5 seasons...

I love it!!!!! You get crap for going negative, but I personally don't think you ever crossed the line to trollish, just a pessimist. Good to see that you're excited, let's go get a few more!

That was a program changing win. It's obvious JK has turned the corner. Fantastic play calling and the D was stout again! Running the ball is really nice to watch.

What I posted on the gameday thread - seems appropriate here too: gopherinpain is on suicide watch due to the Gophers winning. What a wonderful effort by the players and excellent gameplan by the coaching staff. Be proud Minnesota!!!!!!!!

I was doing a happy dance and then I thought, "Hey, I should put on a diaper and poop." My mother tells me that's what I did the last time we beat Nebraska...

Great win today!!! Played well in all facets of the game!!:cool03:

I enjoyed the entire game, never felt worried that the d would blow it. Hage had another top ten pick game....clutch like last week. Bowling again!

Post-game thoughts? *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was a program changing win. It's obvious JK has turned the corner. Fantastic play calling and the D was stout again! Running the ball is really nice to watch.

It's a solid win / signature win for the program but I do not believe this is a program changing win. I don't see this is as the defining moment game for the program. That game is yet to come.

did anyone else think that our offense kind of resembled Oregon's today, except with two tight ends and a fullback? I loved it. I hope we see more in the future. Another wrinkle with this offense that I only saw once today is the QB keep after faking the jet sweep. That could add another dimension. Again, loved the offense today, seemed much more inspired. Maybe an overlooked difference is that today and last game Coach Kill was up in the box and presumably had more direct input with the play calls.

What I posted on the gameday thread - seems appropriate here too: gopherinpain is on suicide watch due to the Gophers winning. What a wonderful effort by the players and excellent gameplan by the coaching staff. Be proud Minnesota!!!!!!!!

Dont worry I will be fine. I will enjoy the rest of the season and the bowl game. I would however like to see a rose /bcs bowl in my lifetime and that is what I will keep looking forward to.

8 and 4 is not unreasonable. Beat indiana with stout D and give PSU a run. I like to think we wont get blown out by Wisky but abdullah still had ~170yds.

Loved the O today. As Griese said a lil smoke and mirrors... hell it worked! keep it up lets keep rolling!

Phillip Nelson... that's my quarterback...
tocry.png

It wasn't perfect but other Gopher teams have failed to finish this one didn't. Great win now get back to work and beat Indiana and turn this season into a great one.

Awesome. The only thing that could make it better is is there were a dust covered traveling trophy in a wooden case on their sidelines.

Very good game from your guys. The better team (and especially, the better COACHED team) definitely won today.
Had a good time hanging out in chat. Thanks for being such gracious hosts.

Best of luck the rest of the season! :)

Very good game from your guys. The better team (and especially, the better COACHED team) definitely won today.
Had a good time hanging out in chat. Thanks for being such gracious hosts.

Best of luck the rest of the season! :)

Out of curiosity, any chance Pelini doesn't get fired?

8 and 4 is not unreasonable. Beat indiana with stout D and give PSU a run. I like to think we wont get blown out by Wisky but abdullah still had ~170yds.

Loved the O today. As Griese said a lil smoke and mirrors... hell it worked! keep it up lets keep rolling!

I thought about how great it would be if the Gophers and Badgers were heading into the axe game at 8-2. Could very well be a Game day game. But I pumped the breaks. Great win, I'm enjoying the feeling that the Gophers are likely doing things right. But right now, I'm just going to let the season play out.

Feels great to have some hope though, no doubt!

Lots of positives today. I was a little worried early on. It looked like it could get out of hand.

- You then have to give credit to the coaches and players for not panicking. That is the one thing I will say about the coaches in general and the team this year. They don't get too down if they have a few bad plays or even a bad period of time. The coaches are calm and collected, and that carries over to the team. When it looked like NE would go up 14-0 right away, they could have easily gotten down and folded.
- The offense in general was exceptional. Had a few drops/bad passes there at the end of the game that could have hurt. The play calling was excellent, but more so, the OL and the offense overall just executed well. Cobb was a beast and is really becoming a weapon. Nelson made good, safe decisions.
- The D-line played their best game of the season in my opinion. Got lots of pressure and, just as important, stayed in their lanes for the most part, limiting running opportunities for Martinez
- Hageman is a stud. I don't blame him at all for the 2nd facemask. It was a case of the facemask finding his hand more than the other way around.
- Wilson at MLB is playing better and better every game. He could be a monster next year.
- Does anyone else think Roland Johnson could play at the next level? I'm not saying he will get drafted or anything, but he just seems to make plays when he in the game. I could be way off though. I really like how they shuffle guys in and out on the DL.
- (Disclaimer: my next comment does not mean I'm happy they got hurt or anything) I think the abundant of NE defenders getting hurt was because of how well and aggressive the OL was playing.
- Does anyone know why the clock ran after the Williams completion with about 1:30 left in the game? He was obviously out of bounds. That would have been big if Nelson doesn't score at the end.
- I'm extremely impressed with how efficient the offense was. No turnovers and they scored a TD in each quarter. Also, only 3 penalties, and two of those were not really mental mistakes (two facemasks happened during the action of the game).
- Not sure if this a signature win or not, but these last two games could very well could be the turning point. It's obvious the staff has the players all on the same page and playing together.
- F##K YEAH!

Edit: Forgot one - the Hawthorne 45 yd FG was huge. Good to see him kicking well.

I thought about how great it would be if the Gophers and Badgers were heading into the axe game at 8-2. Could very well be a Game day game. But I pumped the breaks. Great win, I'm enjoying the feeling that the Gophers are likely doing things right. But right now, I'm just going to let the season play out.

Feels great to have some hope though, no doubt!

Ha, I'm as pumped as the next guy but there is no way that would be a Game Day Game.

The 3rd Down stop in the 1st Quarter when it looked like NE was easily gonna score a TD after scoring on their opening drive in my opinion may have been the play that ended the curse...

Out of curiosity, any chance Pelini doesn't get fired?

If he wins out ... or at least wins the division and makes a game of it in the CCG ... I think he stays though with an understanding that his leash is very short and that changes will be made on the coaching staff.

I don't think there's any real chance of that scenario taking place.

It'll be interesting in the off-season. Nebraska has traditionally been very tight with the pursestrings, in typical midwest fashion. Even at the height of Osborne's tenure, he was never among the highest paid coaches ... he made a decent salary but money wasn't his motivating factor. Solich was the same way. Our next two coaches we got relatively cheaply (Callahan because -- well, what options did he have? Pelini because it was his first HC gig). Pelini has since become something like the 15th highest paid coach, but as I said it's not in our nature. But I think one more bad coaching hire will set Nebraska back decades. Our next coach has to be the right coach, no more taking chances on coordinators or whatnot.

My dream scenario would be to back a literal dump truck full of money up to Charlie Strong's house. But it'd probably take $5 mil / year to get him. Will Nebraska spend that much? I'm doubtful.

- Does anyone know why the clock ran after the Williams completion with about 1:30 left in the game? He was obviously out of bounds. That would have been big if Nelson doesn't score at the end.

He actually went OB with 2:12 left. The clock restarts on the placement of the ball outside of 2:00 minutes I believe.

The 3rd Down stop in the 1st Quarter when it looked like NE was easily gonna score a TD after scoring on their opening drive in my opinion may have been the play that ended the curse...

I agree. The sack/fumble was a turning point play.

He actually went OB with 2:12 left. The clock restarts on the placement of the ball outside of 2:00 minutes I believe.

Gotcha. For some reason I was thinking that it was under 2 minutes in the 1st half, under 5 minutes at the end of the game.

I agree. The sack/fumble was a turning point play.

Nebraska 2013 feels a lot better then Michigan 2005 because we were in control in this game... it was pretty much ours to lose. When we went up 27-13 I looked at the clock & just had a very bad feeling that this could be Michigan 2003 all over again...

Top Bottom