Post Game Reaction Thread: Illini Beat Gophers

The double edged sword of “culture”. What do you do in “muddy water” situations etc… Fleck can’t pull Morgan because it goes against his slogans and everything he preaches.

PJ will not be offered another extension I'll tell you that! Loss to BG and now Illinois both at home something seriously wrong here.

D struggled early but absolutely played well enough to give us a chance to win.

Offense and Special Teams were brutal. Tons of blame will be thrown at Morgan, and he deserves some of it, but this one starts with the guys up front. They played really well during the 4 game win streak, they played like garbage today.

The O Line looked like they ate their fill of McRibs just before kickoff.

• Despite being a jaded, cynical, long suffering Minnesota sports fan; I did not see this one coming. I posted yesterday how impressed I was with the way they responded to the brutal BG loss. I was wrong.
  • Honestly, this team was as flat as I have ever seen any team coming out of the gates in an impact game. (Maybe 2000 Vikes 41 donut game compares)
  • The O line was absolutely brutal, just like BG. Every player. I am struggling with this.
  • The missed extra point was a perfect metaphor for the entire game.
Ohh and can we get rid of the idiotic policy of having the players more worried about finding a ref to hand the ball too than getting ready for the next play, especially in 2 minute mode.

Bowling Green was the low point, so this is just disappointing. PJ is going to give us some post-game spin, but I don't see how he cannot be aware that he needs to make changes with the offense and special teams. A well-coached team wins this game against Illinois. With ease.

Fleck on KFAN post game: moved the ball at times, but didn’t finish. Mentioned the missed field goal about 5 times. Everything is ahead of us.

Offense and Special Teams were brutal. Tons of blame will be thrown at Morgan, and he deserves some of it, but this one starts with the guys up front. They played really well during the 4 game win streak, they played like garbage today.
This game fell on the Sanford then the offensive line then morgan in that order.
Sanfords vanilla play calling fucking kills us. He does this in every match up he thinks is a cupcake game and then we get murdered.
The o line just like the BG game played soft early and never recovered (left tackle stands out the most to me) and doesn’t give Morgan any time and rarely opened up holes for our backs.
Morgan couldn’t make a throw to save his life and made poor decisions when we needed smart ones. Getting sacked when he should throw it away more than once. Rookie mistakes coming from what should be a seasoned veteran. Unlucky drops from receivers didn’t help him but come on.
Honorable mention: place kicker still hurts us and the refs missed at least 2 15 yard penalties in the first half that would’ve changed the momentum for the gophers (but that’s not the reason we lost)

Bowling Green was the low point, so this is just disappointing. PJ is going to give us some post-game spin, but I don't see how he cannot be aware that he needs to make changes with the offense and special teams. A well-coached team wins this game against Illinois. With ease.
I really hope he doesn't go with the whole "running back injuries and CAB going out of the game really put us in a bind"

Just say it was poor offensive coaching/execution. We all see it.

Fleck on KFAN post game: moved the ball at times, but didn’t finish. Mentioned the missed field goal about 5 times. Everything is ahead of us.

Yes, it was just that single play or that certain injury that irrevocably damaged us for the rest of the dozens of plays in the game. Bad luck.

Classic PR spin.

Top Bottom