Post-Game Reaction Thread: Gophers Dominate Northwestern

Congrats of course... down to 2 freshmen running backs now and still ticking... oh and the double-duty linebacker-halfback who scored the final 16 yd. touchdown!

I know LeCapitan is a stud 😆, but I hope Bryce injury isn't bad. Will be very nervous with just Ky and Bucko given how much we run

I know I, and many others have complained about the offense, but the Gophers have scored the most points in the West, and are tied for the 2nd most points in the B1G .
We will see if what got us here is what gets us past Iowa and Wisconsin. I am dubious until proven otherwise.

At some point with our RBs going down like flies, they will have to shift aways from what feels like 80% runs.
Fun game to watch overall, hope Bryce is ok. Solid B

I'm impressed with how well this team plays.

We had a few penalties today and a turnover, but we're just going to control games, control clock, get up by 10 at half, and let teams get tired in the second half.

That was an ass kicking. Was over before it really got going. Great team win. All 3 phases were good.

Saw some negativity about the rush defense. Still only gave up 240 total yards

(1) Our OL is really good.
(2) Our FR RB's are really good. Bucko picked up 3 really good blitzes. That's huge for us if Williams is hurt.
(3) We probably have a LB or two who will need to get some snaps at RB. Maybe Josh Aune? He was a pretty good HS RB. If Williams is hurt, I wouldn't be super shocked to see a bit of LeCaptain (practicing with the Wildcat formation).
(4) Evan Hull is pretty good and our tackling wasn't great (small nit).
(5) Our DL has gotten so good that I'd imagine 30-40% of the passes against us have been on plays where we they intentionally leave the pocket.
(6) MBS is turning into a really nice deep threat.
(7) Justin Walley might end up being one of the best CBs in the history of the program. I forget that he is a FR.
(8) It's still hard to watch college football with, what seems like, random holding calls. There are some bad ones missed in every game consistently.
(9) I don't love the playcalling with Tanner Morgan. I know, I know, it's a complaint every week. I just think this team could be really special and some of Sanford's playcalling just doesn't make sense to me.
(10) Our OL is really good.

(1) Our OL is really good.
(2) Our FR RB's are really good. Bucko picked up 3 really good blitzes. That's huge for us if Williams is hurt.
(3) We probably have a LB or two who will need to get some snaps at RB. Maybe Josh Aune? He was a pretty good HS RB. If Williams is hurt, I wouldn't be super shocked to see a bit of LeCaptain (practicing with the Wildcat formation).
(4) Evan Hull is pretty good and our tackling wasn't great (small nit).
(5) Our DL has gotten so good that I'd imagine 30-40% of the passes against us have been on plays where we they intentionally leave the pocket.
(6) MBS is turning into a really nice deep threat.
(7) Justin Walley might end up being one of the best CBs in the history of the program. I forget that he is a FR.
(8) It's still hard to watch college football with, what seems like, random holding calls. There are some bad ones missed in every game consistently.
(9) I don't love the playcalling with Tanner Morgan. I know, I know, it's a complaint every week. I just think this team could be really special and some of Sanford's playcalling just doesn't make sense to me.
(10) Our OL is really good.

I think Aune had a season-ending injury before the year started. So we probably are gonna have to use LeCaptain and Kramer and hopefully throw a bit more.

LeCapitan is listed as a LB but maybe they moved him to RB. Or maybe he's a two-way stud!!!
Well based on those couple carries I think he has earned the right to be in the mix if Williams is down for any length of time.

LeCaptain was a RB in high school so he is probably very comfortable with the ball.

Mark Crawford the last two weeks

iu

Top Bottom