Post game notes - Pitino praises Elliott, loves yelling at DeAndre, and meets Reusse

The young players who were scolded probably looked bad as they were playing with tubby's second 5 and giving up our 10 point lead. I read about and Watched colt play twice out here in colorado. He finished 3rd in MWC for player of the year. He worked his but off in the year off, he played a bit worse competition, but more so he was used right on the block and he was the most feared guy in the conference. Let's remember Tubby wouldn't start colt at center over RSIII but colt later improved so much to become a second round nba draft pick. That's either a mistake by the former coach, improvement by the player, or a bit of both.

I think because of track, Wally will stay at the U and continue to play basketball. I think he'll realize his future is in track, but that doesn't mean he can't become a solid contributor in basketball by sometime next season or his senior year. Sure he may not be a star or even start for us, but he does have skills and is a great athlete, which should be enough to make him a valued contributor.

I agree Wally has the skills and is a great athlete. I hope Wally stays as he could be an important contributor to the team after a year learning Coach Pitino's system. Also hope he can convince his brother Henry to join the Gophers.

It is eye opening that Buggs with his length and Wally, with his athletism do not see the court? I am not sure Wally has the skills?

I agree Wally has the skills and is a great athlete. I hope Wally stays as he could be an important contributor to the team after a year learning Coach Pitino's system. QUOTE]

Top Bottom