Post Game Comments from Fleck on KFAN

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Fleck on with KFAN:

- Extremely tough. I thought we out played them. We had plenty of opportunities and didn't take advantage of them. Missed FG, fumble, INT. Really unfortunate, I thought we outplayed them except for the scoreboard.
- These seniors have done so much for this program. Couldn't be more proud of them as people. We didn't make enough plays.
- On the fumble: That's sports and that's football. It happens. Mo has done so much for this program. One play will not define him. We could have made the FG in the first half, we could have done things on the INT. We'll learn from that. We had plenty of opportunities to win this game.
- Gotta give Iowa credit as they took advantage when they needed to.
- We need to find out why the throw was made, but even then it was a tipped pass. Not one play loses the game.
- When you are playing a rivalry game, for the West championships, it comes down to 3-4 plays and it always does.
- After being down 10-0 we settled down and played better.
- 3-4 plays on offense, 3-4 plays on defense and that's what it comes down to.
- 1 game championship season. We're playing for the Axe, great thing about coming to Minnesota is you get to play for a lot of trophies, next week is about playing for each other.
- I love this football team. They showed their true character on the field.
- We'll regroup and get ready.
- Row the Boat. Ski-U-Mah. Go Gophers

I don't hear any I should of's...just the guys didn't make plays...my guys tried hard, they wet the bed. Nothing about coaching decisions being a factor.

Not elite, PJ.

I've been a huge fan, but that was gutless coaching today. Gutless. Scared. Pathetic.

Look in the mirror. Change your best.
I don’t believe he will change. Been opportunities each year and nothing changes.

1. Stop with the *___* championship season/ week shit
2) Stop with the sprint to the other side of the field after a quarter shit.
3) Stop being pop Warner PJ and coach a college football team that's prepared to win games against that certain team instead of the cookie cutter rah rah bullshit.

Be. A. Coach!! Not a 6th grade teacher

1. Stop with the *___* championship season/ week shit
2) Stop with the sprint to the other side of the field after a quarter shit.
3) Stop being pop Warner PJ and coach a college football team that's prepared to win games against that certain team instead of the cookie cutter rah rah bullshit.

Be. A. Coach!! Not a 6th grade teacher
You’re going to have to change who you’re cheering for if 1 and 2 bother you that much. That’s not going to change.

I know we are all pissed but all his comments are totally reasonable.
In a vacuum yes. It’s the repetition (especially after rivalry games) that has become irritating

Fleck on with KFAN:

- Extremely tough. I thought we out played them. We had plenty of opportunities and didn't take advantage of them. Missed FG, fumble, INT. Really unfortunate, I thought we outplayed them except for the scoreboard.
- These seniors have done so much for this program. Couldn't be more proud of them as people. We didn't make enough plays.
- On the fumble: That's sports and that's football. It happens. Mo has done so much for this program. One play will not define him. We could have made the FG in the first half, we could have done things on the INT. We'll learn from that. We had plenty of opportunities to win this game.
- Gotta give Iowa credit as they took advantage when they needed to.
- We need to find out why the throw was made, but even then it was a tipped pass. Not one play loses the game.
- When you are playing a rivalry game, for the West championships, it comes down to 3-4 plays and it always does.
- After being down 10-0 we settled down and played better.
- 3-4 plays on offense, 3-4 plays on defense and that's what it comes down to.
- 1 game championship season. We're playing for the Axe, great thing about coming to Minnesota is you get to play for a lot of trophies, next week is about playing for each other.
- I love this football team. They showed their true character on the field.
- We'll regroup and get ready.
- Row the Boat. Ski-U-Mah. Go Gophers
Playing for a West Championship my ass. You've sucked hind tit when you've been anywhere near trying to get to a West Championship. He should add stupid ass play calling and coaching to all of that. I sucked so bad using timeouts and with awful play calling that I asked my freshman QB to bail me out at the end of the game and I'm going to have to figure out why he wasn't able to do it. I mean I've recruited some of the best receivers in the Big Ten and we only passed the ball like 12 times and almost 0 times in the 2nd half so I'm shocked he couldn't bail me out? But we'll keep rowing the boat because I love this team and these seniors because they are so connected. It'll be elite if we can play outdoors in New York in December. Ferentz owns Fleck like Gopher fans only dreamed of Fleck owning Frost. Here's some advice PJ, talk less and produce more. That is the worst Gopher game I an remember in a long long time. So sick of it. Could care less if they lose or beat Wisconsin.

Did anyone on the planet possibly even REMOTELY think the Gophers were going to beat Iowa being (-2) in the Turnover category? With a missed chip shot FG to go along with it?

Far as I can tell, those things happened on the field, not exactly in the booth... SMH...

Did he address the fact that he is 0-6 in the last 6 Iowa championship games? Did he say that he is Kirk Ferentz's bitch? It's unforgiveably embarrassing.

Not sure if we win the game with Morgan. Athan with a bad read there negating an incredible effort from the OLine and Mo. Missed FG and MO’s fumble obviously huge too. Two years in a row that the Gophers won the LOS battle on offense and nice job stopping the run. Our defense gave up some big plays again and couldn’t come up with a turnover.

They lost because they don’t know how to defend tight ends. Not sure that is PJ, seems an Achilles heel for Rossi’s defense. Tight ends seem to wear invisibility cloaks to the Gophers.
You're right, we can't defend tight ends and we don't throw to our tight ends enough. Best friend to an inexperienced or struggling quarterback is the tight end.

Can someone find every one of these and see how much is repeated each week?

Yes PJ—you did out play them in the running game! Did you out play them in:

Takeaways
Field goals
Passing game
Punting
Final score

I don’t think so PJ! Have any more excuses ??

Can one of the imbecile reporters in this town at least ask Fleck if they run other passing routes outside of a slant?

Top Bottom