Post Game Comments from Fleck on KFAN

No, they're not. And that means we will continue to be mediocre at best just barely missing relevancy year in and year out.
As PJ says, 'change your best'....but he wont.
We’re mediocre because PJ calls them 1 week champions and because he runs down the sideline?

Because our MLB is a good run stuffer but absolutely cannot cover the middle of the field, and the coaches have determined he can’t come off the field I guess.
Also we gave up 13 points and 280 yards yesterday. 7 of the points and 120 of the yards were in the first quarter. Not sure I would have pulled Sori Marin the last series

We’re mediocre because PJ calls them 1 week champions and because he runs down the sideline?
There are football reasons to dislike PJ
I don’t get people who dislike him for non football reasons.

We had a thread on how he always says it’s on me every loss this year. yesterday people complained because he said they have to execute. He should plead the 5th

Play calling was not the issue today. At all. We were wearing them out and this game was ours for the taking. Missed FG and two crucial TOs. Ball game. Had zero to do with the offensive game plan. If we get that field goal and score on those drives, we win handily.
Play calling in the first quarter, when we spotted Iowa—one of the worst offenses in the B1G—a 10 point lead, is absolutely an issue. As it was when we spotted Purdue a 10-0 lead early; as it was when we spotted Illinois a 10-0 lead early. Half of that is on the defense, but an equal measure is on the offense’s early scripted play calling which is utterly predictable (at a time when the other team’s defense, like ours, is most vulnerable to creative play-calling). We refuse to return the favor of creative, unexpected plays early and fall behind early in toss-up games as a result. Play calling at the end of our games wouldn’t be such a hot button if the play calling early in our games matched the creativity and unpredictability of our toss-up game opponents.

Because our MLB is a good run stuffer but absolutely cannot cover the middle of the field, and the coaches have determined he can’t come off the field I guess.
Kind of seems that way. Also, since we never throw a screen (other than our weird tunnel screen) ourselves, zi wonder how much our D practices again at screen plays? Iowa’s opening TE screen was a huge surprise to us. I wouldn’t mind if once in a while, early in a game while we are spiting the other team points, our offense tried to surprise the opposing defense with something we don’t normally do. But I guess that is asking a lot.

I think there is a time limit in PJ’s style of coaching.

In these 6 straight losses to Iowa, have we ever scored first?

Top Bottom