Police say Alabama star Brandon Miller delivered gun to former teammate Darius Miles before shooting; Oats said Miller 'wrong spot at the wrong time'

Alabama pulls scholarship from incoming transfer jaykwon Walton for marijuana. Accessory to murder is still ok.
I don't give a crap about this stuff anymore. The NCAA has codified this type of behavior as normal. If you're a top earner/top player like Miller, the rules are just different in the real world. It's a cost/benefit and the benefit of a guy like Miller far outweighs that of Walton.

I think the NCAA doesn't fully understand how much this route is going to chip away at their "brand". I don't think there is anything they can do about it either, but the NCAA's transition into being a minor league that is almost sponsored by a university is going to have an impact.

Alabama pulls scholarship from incoming transfer jaykwon Walton for marijuana. Accessory to murder is still ok.
Pretty clear that they didn't feel this guy was likely to lead them to a possible national championship. Now if they felt they could ride him to a title...well then that would be a different story.

Top Bottom