PJ Fleck has become Jerry Kill

Yep. I can only give stats as of today. I was
Commenting on the 7-3 mark - which technically will also be “wrong” after next week 🤷‍♂️
Well yeah but nothing you said disputed anything that he said so I thought I could leave a comment that doesn’t disagree with anything you said in return

Someone
We have a predictable offense

Him
Yeah but we are winning games anyways

You
Yeah but we played a bad schedule

Me
Yeah but the schedule could actually be mediocre not bad

Well yeah but nothing you said disputed anything that he said so I thought I could leave a comment that doesn’t disagree with anything you said in return
I wasn’t disputing what he said. My exact quote was that 7-3 doesn’t tell the whole story - then I said why I think that.
- BTW, have a great night. I’m not going down another one of your nonsense trails here.

Yeah, it's a
Yep. I can only give stats as of today. I was
Commenting on the 7-3 mark - which technically will also be “wrong” after next week 🤷‍♂️
Yeah, it's been a weird season for sure. They're clearly a very good team in that they're mostly crushing inferior competition -- not just squeaking by. But OTOH, they were beaten soundly twice and have obvious issues, esp on offense. These last two games will write the story of the season, IMO.

I wasn’t disputing what he said. My exact quote was that 7-3 doesn’t tell the whole story - then I said why I think that.
- BTW, have a great night. I’m not going down another one of your nonsense trails here.
I know. I literally just said you didn’t dispute anything he said?
It’s in the post you quoted

Yeah, it's been a weird season for sure. They're clearly a very good team in that they're mostly crushing inferior competition -- not just squeaking by. But OTOH, they were beaten soundly twice and have obvious issues, esp on offense. These last two games will write the story of the season, IMO.
they haven’t been beaten soundly twice
They’ve been beaten soundly once.
They had a second half lead in the Illinois game and lost by 9 in a game Illinois went 4/4 on 4th down.

Illinois beat the gophers. They didn’t need luck to do it. But in no way was the Illinois game a blowout

they haven’t been beaten soundly twice
They’ve been beaten soundly once.
They had a second half lead in the Illinois game and lost by 9 in a game Illinois went 4/4 on 4th down.

Illinois beat the gophers. They didn’t need luck to do it. But in no way was the Illinois game a blowout
We're gonna have to disagree on that. Outgained by about 300 yards, passed for 50ish yards, lost TOP 40 - 20, etc. Agreed that it's unusual to convert that many 4th downs, but they did it and it only added to their dominance IMO. But hey, you disagree and that's ok. Like I said, I think the last two games will write the story of the Gophers team anyway. They'll probably regret their performances against PU and Illinois, but if they win these last two there's no disputing Minnesota had a very good season.

We're gonna have to disagree on that. Outgained by about 300 yards, passed for 50ish yards, lost TOP 40 - 20, etc. Agreed that it's unusual to convert that many 4th downs, but they did it and it only added to their dominance IMO. But hey, you disagree and that's ok. Like I said, I think the last two games will write the story of the Gophers team anyway. They'll probably regret their performances against PU and Illinois, but if they win these last two there's no disputing Minnesota had a very good season.
Gophers have lost 3 games.
Two of which their number 1 quarterback didn’t play the whole game:
The other their best player didn’t play during the game

All 3 of which the second best offensive player on the team didn’t play (granted he isn’t coming back)

Gophers are what they are. One of a handful of teams in the west that are all about the same.
Iowa, wisconsin, Purdue, Illinois, Minnesota
All top 40 but not top 15

I personally think Illinois the worst of the 5 and would lose to all 4 of them if they redid all the games. But they don’t do that. So if they beat Michigan they win the division. But since they lost to Indiana and Michigan state they need to beat Michigan.

Yeah, it's a

Agreed. A win over IOAW and Wisky would make this an epic season (with or without a BTW title).

Gophers are what they are. One of a handful of teams in the west that are all about the same.
Iowa, wisconsin, Purdue, Illinois, Minnesota
All top 40 but not top 15
Only 2 of those 5 are in the top 36 of the AP this week - #32 and #33 🤷‍♂️

That was me disputing what someone said.
You named 5 teams and claimed they were “all top 40 teams”, despite only 2 of them being ranked top 40 by the AP and Coaches poll 🤷‍♂️

You named 5 teams and claimed they were “all top 40 teams”, despite only 2 of them being ranked top 40 by the AP and Coaches poll 🤷‍♂️
you think the AP and coaches poll are infallible?
got it

Here is one where all 5 are top 40

Why don’t I amend it to say top 50 and then you can be okay with what I said.

The definition of moving the posts.
for sure you got me.
I’m moving the goalposts on a conversation that doesn’t matter
I said top 40 but changed it to top 50 so Spoofin doesn’t feel the need to argue with me

D
Do you think it is possible a team not in the others receiving votes right now is one of the top 35 teams in the country?
Do you think Gophs are 18th best team in the nation? Texas is the seventh best?

for sure you got me.
I’m moving the goalposts on a conversation that doesn’t matter
I said top 40 but changed it to top 50 so Spoofin doesn’t feel the need to argue with me
But you did move the posts on a conversation that doesn't matter.

D

Do you think Gophs are 18th best team in the nation? Texas is the seventh best?
No
Gophers probably closer to 18 than Texas is to 7

There isn’t much difference between #17 and #40
Louisville didn’t receive votes, is 6-4 and beat #17 who is 8-2
That’s kind of the whole point of my original post. The big ten west 5 are definitely in that 15-40 (or 50…I don’t care what number you pick) range but definitely not in the top 15.

I personally think there is a large difference starting after about 14
It could be after 15 or 16 depending on how you feel about Washington and UCLA
UCLA just lost to a bad Arizona team.
Washington lost to a bad Arizona state team but that was a while back.
So I think the break between the really good teams and the just solid teams is about 15
You could argue those two are closer to the good teams than the just solid teams.
I think #17 UCF is closer to some teams that didn’t receive votes like Syracuse and Louisville (who beat them) than they are to #13-14 North Carolina and ole miss

Not much separates the teams in the middle. MBS catches that ball against Purdue instead of it being an int and Minnesota wins that game they’re rated probably about 17-18 right now. Theyd probably be slightly overrated.
UCLA is a play away from losing to south Alabama and being unranked right now.

As to the Kill Fleck debate. One thing I'll say is that Fleck is recruiting better players.

You know, this is a fan site. I know I'm definitely in the minority on this subject, but it really baffles me why some here are so quick to try to quash any positive statement about the team's progress.

It's just seems like a weird tic or knee-jerk reaction for supposed fans to have. "We love the team, sure, BUT.... we don't want to hear any good news."

Last edited:

Top Bottom