Pioneer Press article on Henry Ellenson- comments on Wally's lack of PT

Remember that Wally didn't play in the old system under the old regime, either, and he and his parents have complained that his freshman year was wasted. They also complained about his coach in his jr year at HS, and transferred to Rice Lake his senior year.

So along with Pitino this year, that's 3 of the last 4 coaches who have been criticized by the family.

Wow there is so much more to the HS story....much of what you wrote here is a big stretch.

What is the rest of the story and what parts are a big stretch?

What is the rest of the story and what parts are a big stretch?

The timeline is wrong. He transfered earlier than his senior year. I believe it was his sophomore year.
The Ellenson's claim that he was exposed to bullying and intimidation from a handful of players and the head coach.
According to the Ellenson camp, and what was reported in the PP and Leader-Telegram, was that Wally was a mild mannered kid. According to some people that know the situation from Eau Claire, he was a cocky, show-off.
The district denied the Ellenson's claim, so they sued the district in 2011.

The timeline is wrong. He transfered earlier than his senior year. I believe it was his sophomore year.
The Ellenson's claim that he was exposed to bullying and intimidation from a handful of players and the head coach.
According to the Ellenson camp, and what was reported in the PP and Leader-Telegram, was that Wally was a mild mannered kid. According to some people that know the situation from Eau Claire, he was a cocky, show-off.
The district denied the Ellenson's claim, so they sued the district in 2011.
Lol Wally sounds like whiny little bitch. A little bullying does everyone good, builds character, toughens you up. Some parents, are just cancers to the program, guessing Eau Claire doesn't miss the Ellenson clan. Henry sounds like Humphries 2.0, only Humphries was probably a better player

Lol Wally sounds like whiny little bitch. A little bullying does everyone good, builds character, toughens you up. Some parents, are just cancers to the program, guessing Eau Claire doesn't miss the Ellenson clan. Henry sounds like Humphries 2.0, only Humphries was probably a better player

I am not applying any of that, and nothing I posted is wrong. The Ellenson's claims are documented, and I talked to people connected to the memorial program. I never stated my opinion on who I think is right or wrong.
As far as the Ellenson's go, I am thankful that Wally chose Minny, as I am with all players. It is not a good practice by the fanbase to rip on players that choose to be a part of the Gopher family.
Henry, by most accounts, sounds like a good kid. You have to admit though, that his own words have painted this picture of him.

I am not applying any of that, and nothing I posted is wrong. The Ellenson's claims are documented, and I talked to people connected to the memorial program. I never stated my opinion on who I think is right or wrong.
As far as the Ellenson's go, I am thankful that Wally chose Minny, as I am with all players. It is not a good practice by the fanbase to rip on players that choose to be a part of the Gopher family.
Henry, by most accounts, sounds like a good kid. You have to admit though, that his own words have painted this picture of him.

Well put. Wally's a Gopher. Let's treat him like a Gopher.

It's pretty simple to me and I don't know you refute this-the mother retweeting the article was spitting in the eye of the Gophers' program. Since Wally has been a Gopher, three stories stick out to me in relation to him: this one, the mother's comments about how she wasn't happy with the Gophers getting rid of Tubby Smith (hey, that's why Real Truth's here!) and the practice kerfluffle earlier this year that we heard about through Wally's father. When this defines your era as a player, you're probably not long for the program.

The hypocrisy and hate is sad.

I don't think the Gopher fan base is unique in this respect (over-emotional herd that will turn on anyone for no good reason in a split second), but it's sad.

At any rate, I don't get much into national rankings but Henry is underrated.

I'd also caution taking a few quotes out of context and making rash decisions with them... but, whatever floats your boat.

Amen. He takes way too much heat on this board. A coaching change is not easy to go through for anyone, he seems to be doing just fine in an unfortunate situation where he is at the end of the bench with the new regime.

I don't think the Gopher fan base is unique in this respect (over-emotional herd that will turn on anyone for no good reason in a split second), but it's sad.

I'd also caution taking a few quotes out of context and making rash decisions with them... but, whatever floats your boat.

We've asked you multiple times to set the record straight and tell us why they are underrated. You seem to have the answers. In all honesty, I would like the record set straight. So, please set it straight.

Can't lump all fans together. I still respect Wally and think he seems like a good kid. I honestly wish him the best whether he transfers or not. I also agree that Henry is underrated, I think he is a special talent. Right or wrong, I think it's the parents that fans are annoyed with.

It's pretty simple to me and I don't know you refute this-the mother retweeting the article was spitting in the eye of the Gophers' program. Since Wally has been a Gopher, three stories stick out to me in relation to him: this one, the mother's comments about how she wasn't happy with the Gophers getting rid of Tubby Smith (hey, that's why Real Truth's here!) and the practice kerfluffle earlier this year that we heard about through Wally's father. When this defines your era as a player, you're probably not long for the program.

Too funny. I am just shocked that how many of these people who are bashing Wally's family without knowing anything about them. My parents would have been upset too if I spent so much time on the bench when I played soccer. Who's parents wouldn't? The point is Richard is doing what he is being told by NT. People complained about Tubby playing 12-13 players per game. Richard has been advised not to do that. They really want to raise money for that practice facility. Their PR is at work really hard. Who cares if Wally or Buggs don't get any playing time? Lets make the fans happy so they give us some money.

so, how about let's end this thread? He's clearly not coming here. Doesn't do any good to bash the kid's family or to even get frustrated about the situation. I'd be shocked if Wally is on the roster next year. I'd rather have Alex anyways. Let's move on.

Too funny. I am just shocked that how many of these people who are bashing Wally's family without knowing anything about them. My parents would have been upset too if I spent so much time on the bench when I played soccer. Who's parents wouldn't? The point is Richard is doing what he is being told by NT. People complained about Tubby playing 12-13 players per game. Richard has been advised not to do that. They really want to raise money for that practice facility. Their PR is at work really hard. Who cares if Wally or Buggs don't get any playing time? Lets make the fans happy so they give us some money.

Interesting. You make a post to chastise others about speculating about the Ellensons, and then you speculate that Pitino has been "advised" not to play a lot of guys. And you have this knowledge how?

I will say that we should probably lay off the Ellensons and let this play out. On the other hand I suggest you get lost with your condescending , know nothing posts about Richard Pitino.

Interesting. You make a post to chastise others about speculating about the Ellensons, and then you speculate that Pitino has been "advised" not to play a lot of guys. And you have this knowledge how?

I will say that we should probably lay off the Ellensons and let this play out. On the other hand I suggest you get lost with your condescending , know nothing posts about Richard Pitino.

I did. My bad. Sorry, I do hate speculating.

Tubby, why did you pick such an inaccurate username?

You are a total lunatic.

Come on, Real. This is over the top. Okay, you don't like the guy and think the previous administration gave a bad deal to the one before. We all get that and may agree to disagree, but to call the new guy a puppet is way out of bounds.

I for one have no doubt in my mind that Richard Pitino is in charge of this program and is doing what he thinks best to win games now and prep for the future and is not taking marching orders from anyone, including his boss. The guy appears humble enough to ask people for advice, and more power to him for it, but he is in charge and no one else. This is not a slash and burn operation. Wally is not playing because Richard decided to not play him not because a suit told him to sit him.

Few would have complained about Tubby playing a long bench if there was the depth to do it. I don't think there was and amazingly the team performed better when he shortened the bench.

Come on, Real. This is over the top. Okay, you don't like the guy and think the previous administration gave a bad deal to the one before. We all get that and may agree to disagree, but to call the new guy a puppet is way out of bounds.

I for one have no doubt in my mind that Richard Pitino is in charge of this program and is doing what he thinks best to win games now and prep for the future and is not taking marching orders from anyone, including his boss. The guy appears humble enough to ask people for advice, and more power to him for it, but he is in charge and no one else. This is not a slash and burn operation. Wally is not playing because Richard decided to not play him not because a suit told him to sit him.

Few would have complained about Tubby playing a long bench if there was the depth to do it. I don't think there was and amazingly the team performed better when he shortened the bench.

I said I was wrong to say that. To have a pressing team, you have to use many players particularly the ones who are athletic like Buggs and Wally. Many coaches do offense and defense rotation. I like to see it here too.

I said I was wrong to say that. To have a pressing team, you have to use many players particularly the ones who are athletic like Buggs and Wally. Many coaches do offense and defense rotation. I like to see it here too.

Don't pretend to be a Gopher fan. The rest of us aren't as dumb as you, we're not going to fall for it.

TRT is the most hypocritical poster this board has ever seen. No one contradicts themselves more than him/her.

Amen, brother.

Top Bottom