Per 247 and "HugeShow" the job has been offered to PJ Fleck

Hollinsanity

Reaction score
Per 247 and "HugeShow" the job has been offered to PJ Fleck

Take it with a grain of salt but here are two **semi** reputable sources going with it:

https://twitter.com/gophers247/status/816828070816575488

If it's true the big-wig media guys will have it within a few hours and if not I just started another pointless thread.

Edit: I still think they should have gone after the Florida State TE's coach. I've heard rave reviews and that he sometimes even lays on the field DURING GAMES.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since El Amin Fan didn't start the thread, there could be some validity.

This would be a huge move for the Gophs.

Regardless of what anyone thinks. The fact that in the midst of this disaster we are "allegedly" able to land Fleck is shocking.

It could have been a lot worse. Let's hope this is true.

Every rumor on this search centers around these 2. Hell, there is even a thread on this message board with their names as the title. Why would we give "Huge" some credibility that he is speculating any more than any of the others. He may end up being right, but I am totally calling BS on any inside info.

Huge is big on the hyperbole too.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If he can't bring the ax back to campus he's not our guy.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Every rumor on this search centers around these 2. Hell, there is even a thread on this message board with their names as the title. Why would we give "Huge" some credibility that he is speculating any more than any of the others. He may end up being right, but I am totally calling BS on any inside info.

His reporting has been on point with similar reporting that requires a paywall subscription on another site. I think there is a very, very good chance that his report is accurate. We'll have to wait until tomorrow to see what happens. Sleep with your fingers crossed tonight GH.

Regardless of what anyone thinks. The fact that in the midst of this disaster we are "allegedly" able to land Fleck is shocking.

It could have been a lot worse. Let's hope this is true.

Big increase in income. No guarantees that Mich State or Notre Dame will be looking after next year...particularly if he falters.... Plus better shopping here for his wifey # 2.

Since El Amin Fan didn't start the thread, there could be some validity.

You do realize that I posted what Ryan Burns reported. I didn't post it as my source. But keep on thinking of me. Kind of strange.

I don't disagree, but if it's true that Kaler and Coyle are in Chicago where Fleck's representation is from and basically where he grew up, it's likely to offer him a job.

So we will know within the next day or so. If no Fleck, then likely Harsin.

I don't disagree, but if it's true that Kaler and Coyle are in Chicago where Fleck's representation is from and basically where he grew up, it's likely to offer him a job.

Oh, I'm not doubting they were there or that they would offer him. Just that Huge has the scoop. Seems to be the theory everyone has.

As for PJF, as you know, I would pass. I would rather have Sumlin (who I doubt we could get) or Pelini (who I think we maybe could). Likely a few others as well. But, if this is true and we sign him then I will pray that I am wrong and you are right about him as I love the Gophers.

Oh, I'm not doubting they were there or that they would offer him. Just that Huge has the scoop. Seems to be the theory everyone has.

As for PJF, as you know, I would pass. I would rather have Sumlin (who I doubt we could get) or Pelini (who I think we maybe could). Likely a few others as well. But, if this is true and we sign him then I will pray that I am wrong and you are right about him as I love the Gophers.

If we do sign Fleck I think I'll be agreeing with you a lot more in the coming years as I would not like the hire.

Agree with everything that you've said here.

Do we know who runs the Gophers 247 twitter account? Whoever it is I think its interesting he hasn't spoken up on his official/personal account.

So in your opinion we have Brewster again?

I didn't say that...I think Fleck is a great coach. Look at how he has turned Western Mich around...he obviously knows football. Is there anything wrong with thinking he is a great young coach and would be a great fit at the U!?!

Or Wacker. But then again who knows. Hard to judge how coaches will turn out in the end. However as a fan whether I like it or not, I need to support the new coach in the beginning and give him a chance. If I don't, what kind of a fan am I?

I didn't say that...I think Fleck is a great coach. Look at how he has turned Western Mich around...he obviously knows football. Is there anything wrong with thinking he is a great young coach and would be a great fit at the U!?!

NO there is nothing wrong with that, but that's not what you said. You said he could get attract talent and be the face of a program. I'm not the first and only one to compare him to Brew. I will say he at least has some head coaching experience going for him running a program. But how anybody can classify this as a "huge step" I cannot understand. This is no different than the Jerry Kill hire. Which is a hire we made when we were in the lowest of lows. We just won 9 games. Going back and hiring someone from a program like this is a step back.

You do realize that I posted what Ryan Burns reported. I didn't post it as my source. But keep on thinking of me. Kind of strange.

Just having some fun... I was really hopeful about that 10-2 vote post yesterday though it didn't pan out... I know you were just the messenger.

BTW...Pelini would not be a good hire. Abusive jerk.

I don't like being disrespectful online...but....I can't express how much I loathe these Fleck-Brewster comparisons just because of style. Brewster was maybe the least qualified head coaching candidate ever at a power 5 school (I'm only exaggerating a little) and everybody knew it at the time. Fleck, on the other hand, has done some remarkable things as a head coach at a young age.

Top Bottom