PENN STATE to ACC

If it weren't all about money and a little about academics the addition of both Missouri and Iowa State would be great for the conference.

Never been to Penn State but I've been to Pennsylvania and I came away with the same impression as wels0081. It has a very heavy Eastern influence, which makes sense because they are an Eastern State. Western Pennsylvania is almost identical to Ohio (but then again, you can experience the whole United States except for "California Cool" in Ohio), so I suppose you could--if you stretched them--have my comments include Ohio as well as Pennsylvania (which clearly isn't the intent of my comments).

I'm fine with the conference as it is, but I'll have to admit I didn't like the addition of Penn State. But HEY! That's just me. I'm not the Grand Overlord of College Football.

Yeahhh. From MN, went to the U, when to PSU too, and now living in Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh is a midwestern, hard-working type of town, which makes me feel somewhat at home here. State College is a good mix of East Coast and Midwestern-types. The rural people in Pennsylvania are the same as people in the rural Midwest. The only different type of people at PSU from those at the U are those from NYC and NJ. The Philly kids brought an attitude, but they are much like Mpls kids in terms of being sociable. Ironically, it's the Western PA folks who are more introverted, like rural MN. The mix of the two seems like a good fit in the center of PA.

I doubt I would have gone to Penn State if it wasn't a Big Ten school. Because it was, I knew I would find another good home, and I was exactly correct. Penn State is a Big Ten school with an unfortunate geography, not that unlike the U.

Top Bottom