Paul Chryst poised to return to UW as head coach, according to source

You are saying the stuff that gets us made fun of for doing "Silly Season" each year for the last 20 years.

Until we actually beat Wisconsin, just please stop.

Wouldn't want to get made fun of, geez, I wouldn't know what to do? Here's an idea, have your husband review your posts before you hit the send button.

You, my friend are one impressive representative of gophernation. I especially love the anonymous internet threat. Awesome.

I get along great with fans from other teams. Your team and state is the one exception. You are not my friend. I do not like anything about Wisconsin and what it represents. You are being threatened? You don't know that your state is a laughing stock. If you troll on other boards like you do here I am sure you know how well the skunks are loved around the big ten.

Oh thank God. The right man for this job. No doubt. He is from Wisconsin, he played at Wisconsin, he coached at Wisconsin. He knows Barry as well as anyone and he wants to be the head coach here. And oh yeah, he us an offensive genius and a great developer of QBs.

With the right DC the Badgers just experienced an upgrade.

You got the right guy; our rivalry should really heat up as Kill improves here.

I get along great with fans from other teams. Your team and state is the one exception. You are not my friend. I do not like anything about Wisconsin and what it represents. You are being threatened? You don't know that your state is a laughing stock. If you troll on other boards like you do here I am sure you know how well the skunks are loved around the big ten.

Troll? Hardly. Your forum has a topic in which I hold an interest and I expressed my opinion.

Funny that I too get along well with fans from other teams. I wonder what makes us different? Oh, that's right! I couldn't imagine hating a whole state or the fans of another team that is made up of a bunch of kids playing a game.

I can only aspire to be as great of a fan as you are.

Cheers!

Troll? Hardly. Your forum has a topic in which I hold an interest and I expressed my opinion.

Funny that I too get along well with fans from other teams. I wonder what makes us different? Oh, that's right! I couldn't imagine hating a whole state or the fans of another team that is made up of a bunch of kids playing a game.

Cheers!

You are probably a great fan but when you are living with your own kind you don't see what is going on around you. I guess the reports of drunken students out of hand and being completely classless towards visiting fans is all made up. There are no drunken students passed out and no one was crushed when the students stormed the field in 1993 and everything got out of hand. I will tell my nephew who was 8 at the time that he was not pushed down the metrodome stairs by a drunk badger fan. It did not happen. I guess the reports of Wisconsin having the worst fans in the big ten is all made up. Cheers to you. If we can aspire to be drunk and stupid like your fan base the world will be a better place.

Cheers!

I don't really have a strong opinion on this argument, but you posting on another team's message board at all hours of the day kind of takes the wind out of the sails of the "just a bunch of kids playing a game" argument. You don't get to feign indifference if you're taking the time to read and post on GopherHole as a Badger fan.

I worry more about Dave Aranda staying as the DC than I do about Chryst becoming the head coach. We're still going to beat 'em up next year regardless.

According to USA today Schiano was interviewed last Thursday.

I don't know if I would call it a done deal with Chryst.

But it's more fun to speculate so we can have pissing contests. Gotta love it.

Wisconsin: CoachingSearch has learned that Paul Chryst will indeed be the Badgers’ next head coach. Human resources has to take its course. Pitt defensive coordinator / linebackers coach Matt House is expected to follow Chryst, but not as the defensive coordinator. Pitt offensive coordinator / tight ends coach Joe Rudolph will also be a part of Chryst’s staff. Rudolph previously coached at Wisconsin from 2008-11 as tight ends coach.

http://coachingsearch.com/coaching-search-ticker

That is a dream situation for Badger fans.

Yes I seem to remember all the Sconnie people dreaming of the day their HC would leave for Oregon State a few days after the worst loss in college conference championship history.

Yes I seem to remember all the Sconnie people dreaming of the day their HC would leave for Oregon State a few days after the worst loss in college conference championship history.

GA was a nice guy and a good football coach, but let's face it, his most exciting innovation for the Badger football program was bringing the 3-4 defense here. Dave Aranda was the brains behind that defense. They were in the middle of their second full recruiting class to restructure our personnel for the 3-4. Switching back to a 4-3 would be hard. There aren't many more highly regarded 3-4 guys as coordinators in college than Aranda.

Paul Chryst in his tenure as Wisconsin's OC was innovative, ran a pro style offense and utilized Wisconsin's inherent offensive recruiting advantages to put some of the most productive offenses on the field in Badger history.

The two together will be wonderful combination. Their personalities and approach to the game seem very compatible. Trust me when I tell you that this is the best of both worlds for Badger fans. If it happens, GA's legacy at UW will be the 3-4/Dave Aranda and nothing more.

The current line in Badgerland is that Chryst is coming home and bringing Joe Rudolph with him. Between 3 and 5 of the current assistants will stay in Madison. Many believe Dave Aranda will stay on as DC. That is a dream situation for Badger fans.

you guys dream of hiring a hc with a 10-13 conference record? wow.

you guys dream of hiring a hc with a 10-13 conference record? wow.
Yep, we do things a bit different,eh? Kind of like signing a 4 star RB recruit last week the day AFTER our coach quit. Running back U indeed:D

When you mock someone's sentence structure, do not:
(a) mock spelling if spelling is correct.
(b) forget to use a subject in your sentence.
Good luck in the future.
He isn't mocking spelling, he is mocking sentence structure. Compare:

a) I haven't heard hardly one good thing.
or
b) I have hardly heard one good thing.

One is confusing and one is easy to understand.

Sorry - I couldn't help myself. (See grammarly.com)

GA was a nice guy and a good football coach, but let's face it, his most exciting innovation for the Badger football program was bringing the 3-4 defense here. Dave Aranda was the brains behind that defense. They were in the middle of their second full recruiting class to restructure our personnel for the 3-4. Switching back to a 4-3 would be hard. There aren't many more highly regarded 3-4 guys as coordinators in college than Aranda.

Paul Chryst in his tenure as Wisconsin's OC was innovative, ran a pro style offense and utilized Wisconsin's inherent offensive recruiting advantages to put some of the most productive offenses on the field in Badger history.

The two together will be wonderful combination. Their personalities and approach to the game seem very compatible. Trust me when I tell you that this is the best of both worlds for Badger fans. If it happens, GA's legacy at UW will be the 3-4/Dave Aranda and nothing more.

I live in outside Madison and the attitude and remarks about the change aren't much different from a lot of you badger fans. Everyone wants to hate the coaches on their way out but really when 2 respectable coaches leave for lesser programs I think you need to ponder that one. This is the best of both worlds for Badger fans, are you kidding me? A new HC with a losing record and your head coach bolts for a lesser program AGAIN especially after a pretty damn good season. It gets really old listening from people around here say how they didn't like him because he was a bad playcaller, how he couldn't recruit top talent, how the academic standards were too high for the people Gary wanted. It really does get old listening to all of these homers talk about how great Wisconsin is.

So if it is going to be Chryst today would be the first day they could make it official.

I live in outside Madison and the attitude and remarks about the change aren't much different from a lot of you badger fans. Everyone wants to hate the coaches on their way out but really when 2 respectable coaches leave for lesser programs I think you need to ponder that one. This is the best of both worlds for Badger fans, are you kidding me? A new HC with a losing record and your head coach bolts for a lesser program AGAIN especially after a pretty damn good season. It gets really old listening from people around here say how they didn't like him because he was a bad playcaller, how he couldn't recruit top talent, how the academic standards were too high for the people Gary wanted. It really does get old listening to all of these homers talk about how great Wisconsin is.

The fans of the team affected are almost always going to rationalize why it is a good thing. Badger fans like to make fun of Gopher fans for doing this, yet they are essentially doing the same thing.

I get what they are doing, we do the same thing. I just can't stand when their fanbase acts like they don't have the same reactions to things like this when they do.

"Wreaks of desperation"?

Like I said. First world problems. Wisconsin could shut its football program down and I wouldn't even approach a feeling of desperation. It's a game people. Chill.

Here is a good article on Chryst and the Wisconsin perspective on the hire.

I have to caution some of you though. Lots of big words.;)

http://host.madison.com/sports/coll...cle_e008168e-6613-51f6-b12f-41d37fe067dd.html

But Chryst is perfect for the UW job not only because he has a working knowledge of the program but because of what he brings as a coach. If the three seasons since he left his job as UW’s offensive coordinator have shown us anything, it is the Badgers missed his fertile offensive mind, his ability to get the most out of his assistants and his knack for developing quarterbacks. By layering an NFL-style passing game over UW’s traditional ground-and-pound running game, Chryst created one of the nation’s most productive offenses.

I’ve said this before, but Chryst’s game plan for Alvarez’s final game as a full-time coach — a 24-10 win over Auburn in the 2006 Capital One Bowl — should be bronzed and hung in the football offices. And the 42.9 points per game the Badgers averaged during the 2010 and 2011 seasons stick out of the UW history books like a sore thumb.

In the four seasons prior to the current one, Chryst coached four quarterbacks — Scott Tolzien and Russell Wilson at UW, Tino Sunseri and Tom Savage at Pitt. Three of the four are in the NFL and the fourth (Sunseri) is playing in the CFL. That’s important, given that shaky quarterback play and questionable quarterback decisions have held UW back in the three seasons since Chryst left.

Pitt had only a 19-19 record under Chryst, but don’t read too much into that because the program was a train wreck when he took over. He was the fifth coach —including interims — at the school in 13 months.

I would like to take a gander at this guy's fertile mind.

Except we are great. Or at least consistently very good. GA was a very good coach. He left. The immediate replacement most knowledgeable Badgers fans wanted was Chryst. In fact, many people wanted him instead of Bielema and most wanted him the last time when GA was hired. This is not "settling" in any way shape or form.

Except we are great. Or at least consistently very good. GA was a very good coach. He left. The immediate replacement most knowledgeable Badgers fans wanted was Chryst. In fact, many people wanted him instead of Bielema and most wanted him the last time when GA was hired. This is not "settling" in any way shape or form.

It's funny watching you trying to convince yourself of this great hire and how important it apparently is for you that we agree with it. We're happy for you, you got an awesome coach who, if it wasn't for UW snatching him up, would be fawned upon by ADs across the nation.

Go Gophers!!

It's funny watching you trying to convince yourself of this great hire and how important it apparently is for you that we agree with it. We're happy for you, you got an awesome coach who, if it wasn't for UW snatching him up, would be fawned upon by ADs across the nation.

Go Gophers!!

Seriously. This guy is posting about how this is just a game and he has a grip on reality. Yet he spends days posting-on an opponent's message board-basically to himself about how this is just fine and everything is great. LOL.

"Wreaks of desperation"?

Like I said. First world problems. Wisconsin could shut its football program down and I wouldn't even approach a feeling of desperation. It's a game people. Chill.

http://host.madison.com/sports/coll...cle_e008168e-6613-51f6-b12f-41d37fe067dd.html

But Chryst is perfect for the UW job not only because he has a working knowledge of the program but because of what he brings as a coach. If the three seasons since he left his job as UW’s offensive coordinator have shown us anything, it is the Badgers missed his fertile offensive mind, his ability to get the most out of his assistants and his knack for developing quarterbacks. By layering an NFL-style passing game over UW’s traditional ground-and-pound running game, Chryst created one of the nation’s most productive offenses.

I’ve said this before, but Chryst’s game plan for Alvarez’s final game as a full-time coach — a 24-10 win over Auburn in the 2006 Capital One Bowl — should be bronzed and hung in the football offices. And the 42.9 points per game the Badgers averaged during the 2010 and 2011 seasons stick out of the UW history books like a sore thumb.

In the four seasons prior to the current one, Chryst coached four quarterbacks — Scott Tolzien and Russell Wilson at UW, Tino Sunseri and Tom Savage at Pitt. Three of the four are in the NFL and the fourth (Sunseri) is playing in the CFL. That’s important, given that shaky quarterback play and questionable quarterback decisions have held UW back in the three seasons since Chryst left.

Pitt had only a 19-19 record under Chryst, but don’t read too much into that because the program was a train wreck when he took over. He was the fifth coach —including interims — at the school in 13 months.

He had Russell Wilson for one season. I doubt Tolzien ever takes a serious snap in the NFL again. Of the others, one is young and the other is in Canada.

Chryst is a great fit for Wisconsin. I thought Andersen was getting away from what made the Alvarez/Bielema teams as strong as they were.

That said, I pray you are not an actual MD.

"Wreaks of desperation"?

He had Russell Wilson for one season. I doubt Tolzien ever takes a serious snap in the NFL again. Of the others, one is young and the other is in Canada. If having your QBs drafted/take up a spot on an NFL roster, Jeff Tedford would be in someone's Hall of Fame.

Chryst is a great fit for Wisconsin. I thought Andersen was getting away from what made the Alvarez/Bielema teams as strong as they were.

That said, I pray you are not an actual MD.

The assumption of Badger fans that Chryst will be a good head coach is astounding. There is zero evidence that he's a good head coach. Pitt was NOT the train wreck badger fans speak of when defending Chryst's record there. 24-15 in the previous 3 years to his arrival and 19-19 since? Pitt was in much better shape than what Kill inherited and he managed to show huge improvement in year 3. Chryst's teams showed ZERO improvement from year to year as far as on field results goes. He's not exactly enthusiastic about recruiting either. Some guys are just better coordinators than they are head coaches and I'm not even close to convinced that Chryst has what it takes to lead a BIG program. I guess we'll see.

You should try some of these new fangled techno toys they have now. Smart phone, tablet, even those PC things. They make it very easy to post on the intrawebs. I can even do it between seeing patients.:rolleyes:

You should try some of these new fangled techno toys they have now. Smart phone, tablet, even those PC things. They make it very easy to post on the intrawebs. I can even do it between seeing patients.:rolleyes:

Hope some of those rescue dogs get treated for free.

Top Bottom