Pat Reusse

Some of you are too sensitive. Let us know next time so we can alert you to possible micro aggressions.

I still don't see any knifing or twisting in his article. Perhaps a few bad phrasing choices here and there but that's it. Geez does everybody here at this point just channel pavlov and believe that every single Reusse piece is immediately a hatchet job?

The strib had like a half dozen stories about it by noon today. They all cannot write the same middle of the road, Scoggins-style articles, they work with their editors to all coordinate different perspectives on the story. PR's is certainly a unique take that you won't see in all the standard write-ups of this big news story. But still, not a hatchet job at all.

BS on they work with editors. It's a competition to see who can be the most profound, most insightful, most sensitive, funniest, etc. His schtick is who can be the most agitating. He takes great pride in being a prick. He can say whatever about being concerned and liking Country Jer, but it still doesn't hide his being a prick. You have to be to come up with words like that after watching Kill bare his soul and say some of the things he did at that news conference. He's insensitive even when he's being "sensitive."

BS on they work with editors. It's a competition to see who can be the most profound, most insightful, most sensitive, funniest, etc. His schtick is who can be the most agitating. He takes great pride in being a prick. He can say whatever about being concerned and liking Country Jer, but it still doesn't hide his being a prick. You have to be to come up with words like that after watching Kill bare his soul and say some of the things he did at that news conference. He's insensitive even when he's being "sensitive."

What did the prick say in this article that really got you going? Just curious. Was it the compliments on his coaching ability, the genuine worry about Kill's health and well-being, or maybe that he wasn't mean enough when he ripped on Brewster?

What did the prick say in this article that really got you going? Just curious. Was it the compliments on his coaching ability, the genuine worry about Kill's health and well-being, or maybe that he wasn't mean enough when he ripped on Brewster?
If you can't grasp how ****ty the timing is for this then there's no helping you. Is it that bad of an article, no, but it's low blow to write en I told you so piece the day Kill poured his heart out. To answer your earlier post yes you're bashing your head against a wall and clearly you've killed a few brain cells.

I'm not reading a Reusse article.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you can't grasp how ****ty the timing is for this then there's no helping you. Is it that bad of an article, no, but it's low blow to write en I told you so piece the day Kill poured his heart out. To answer your earlier post yes you're bashing your head against a wall and clearly you've killed a few brain cells.

Okay, Lumberjack/jill- just consider me a brain-dead wasteoid, and humor me- what is the "I told you so" in the article?

I'm no attorney, but this smells of libel to me.

It is a great thing for most coaches to reject the reality of setbacks, but obviously not good for a man who is willing to fudge on his epilepsy meds because he thinks it gives him a chance to get a better effort from his team.

You're right. You're no attorney. Kill said as much in his press conference, so how is that slander?

While 'he doesn't handle set-backs well' was a poor choice of words, the overall tone of the article was complimentary and not unfair. Some folks will get butt-hurt at almost anything Pat writes. It's a bit ridiculous.

I have to admit, the general topic of the article, the fear that it wasn't the seizures but that his cancer had come back, was exactly what I thought when I heard the news this morning...

+1. Especially with Flip's passing so fresh.

What in that article even came close to an 'I told you so'? There was nothing of the sort. You guys are reading things that weren't there.

While 'he doesn't handle set-backs well' was a poor choice of words, the overall tone of the article was complimentary and not unfair. Some folks will get butt-hurt at almost anything Pat writes. It's a bit ridiculous.

Agree completely. The media bashing on this site gets ridiculous.

Agree completely. The media bashing on this site gets ridiculous.

Agreed.

Unbelievable how absurd some posters are with their takes on Reusse.

Great article. I'd think Jerry would agree completely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm generally not a Reusse basher, and like some of his columns and general schtick. What rubbed me wrong about this article was the comments that his seizure issues lined up with poor performance on the field. While the seizures the public is aware of did correspond to some poor performances on the field, we don't know near enough about Kill's long struggle with epilepsy to throw out these sorts of blanket statements. To me, it's wildly inappropriate to say that Kill can't deal with setbacks (a direct quote from the article), with the direct insinuation that he suffers seizures because the team isn't playing well. I agree that a lot of the article was complimentary, but some of it read to me as "Kill has seizures when the team sucks, and they suck this year, so that's why he was having seizures again, and it's good that he's stepping down before his sucky team gives him more seizures."

Reusse was talking about the same points this afternoon on his radio show. Said he loved Jerry Kill and yes he took some shots at him when he didn't agree with him.

Said the U could(or should) pay Kill a half Mill a year and put him in fundraising. Would be the best fundraiser they ever had.

What in that article even came close to an 'I told you so'? There was nothing of the sort. You guys are reading things that weren't there.
You realize that Reusse and Souhan are different people, right? One of them is ultra fit.
I don't see the I told you do in here either.

I'm generally not a Reusse basher, and like some of his columns and general schtick. What rubbed me wrong about this article was the comments that his seizure issues lined up with poor performance on the field. While the seizures the public is aware of did correspond to some poor performances on the field, we don't know near enough about Kill's long struggle with epilepsy to throw out these sorts of blanket statements. To me, it's wildly inappropriate to say that Kill can't deal with setbacks (a direct quote from the article), with the direct insinuation that he suffers seizures because the team isn't playing well. I agree that a lot of the article was complimentary, but some of it read to me as "Kill has seizures when the team sucks, and they suck this year, so that's why he was having seizures again, and it's good that he's stepping down before his sucky team gives him more seizures."

Good post. Thanks for answering my question. Go Gophers.

Are there more people who are busy reading stuff they don't like that makes them upset in here?

Or people upset about .... other people being upset?

Is there even any difference?

You missed the critical link in the column. When the team loses Kill feels more stress and goes off of his meds so that he feels sharper. The combination of the stress and the noncompliance with the proper dosage increases the likelihood of seizures.

I listened to Reusse most of the afternoon. He was very complimentary of Kill.

What he was saying:
Kill was put on meds that were doing the job.
The meds did affect his alertness/ability to think/concentrate etc.....I'm paraphrasing.
That was all fine and dandy when things were going well.
When times got tough(some tough loses), he decided to get off the meds to think and perform better.
Being off the meds led to his health issues and symptoms returning.
He realized he couldn't do both.

When will Reusse retire? Please go away! When need some fresh writing.

Pat's way of dealing with setbacks is to drink heavily, over eat, and point out other people's shortcomings. I guess being an obese alcoholic pr!ck is the healthy alternative.

Pat's way of dealing with setbacks is to drink heavily, over eat, and point out other people's shortcomings. I guess being an obese alcoholic pr!ck is the healthy alternative.

Proof that the media treats us poorly.

Except for the fact that he hasn't had a drink in about 20 years and also lost a lot of weight several years ago, this is spot on. :rolleyes: Amazing how the smallest perceived slight at Kill justifies such a personal attack.

Top Bottom