Other Games thread week 1

Tie now between NIU and Iowa. I tell yah, I usually root for the big ten unless its Iowa, Penn State, Wiscy, or OSU. But seriously go NIU!

Business as usual for Bama - force VT into a 3 and out and take the subsequent punt to the house...yikes

Lost an hour picking up my son from the state fair, but left Iowa paused. First play back, Jordan Lynch goes 45 yards on teh bomb for a TD. 10-0 Northern Illinois at this point. I have a feeling I'll like the rest of the game...

17 straight points by Iowa. I had to say something...

What do you do when you play Iowa? Go for it on 4th and 2 from your own 40 in a 7 point game...

Why not. They made it too...

Watching a lot of B1G football today (Thursday and Friday as well) and only Purdue and Illinois look terrible. Too bad for MN Gophers they don't play either.

PSU looks challenged offensively but their D should keep them in most games.

Will IU outscore their Basketball team? J/K :cool02:

MSU same as PSU

Iowa seems to be much improved on offense.

Michigan has no problems scoring.

OSU was pretty much what we expected

Purdue is downright awful. They may go 0-12.

Illinois looks very vulnerable. Purdue will keep them out of the cellar.

Wisconsin hasn't missed a beat with their running game.

Watching a lot of B1G football today (Thursday and Friday as well) and only Purdue and Illinois look terrible. Too bad for MN Gophers they don't play either.

MSU same as PSU

Do not agree with you that MSU and PSU are the same. Penn State can actually pass the football!

Northern Illinois ties it up at 27 with 5 minutes to go!

C'mon Huskies!!!
Iowee, LoL...

I normally always pull for B1G teams when playing non conference but I am flat out enjoying some long chicken pig faces right now.

In other news, Oregon just covered the 59 point spread. I almost took Nicholls and the points...whew

MSU same as PSU

Agreed that Wisky running game looked good today as did their long passes but should probably wait to judge them until they actually play somebody. UMASS is historically bad. 1-11 last year. Lost 37-0 in their opener last year to UCONN. Lost 45-6 AT HOME to Indiana. Lost 63-0 to NIU. etc. etc.

iowa.jpg

After watching the Big Ten games today, I feel confident that that Gophers can beat Iowa if things go right, and Penn State is not a 8 win team thus year, we have a good shot of beating them at home.

Top Bottom