Other Bowl Games Thread - 2019 College Bowl Season Edition

Watching that roughing the kicker penalty slower and for a second time, it’s hard to conceive what the Ohio State player was thinking. He didn’t lay out to try and block the kick. He didn’t really put in an effort to try and deflect the ball. He literally just ran into the kicker. Given what happened later in that series, one of the most bonehead plays I’ve seen in a while.

Well some of them said that they didn't go there to play skool.

Also...Clemson is clearly the better team. This is basically the reverse of the recent Ohio State-Wisconsin game. Ohio State is going to need some breaks to go their way to pull this out.

Also...Clemson is clearly the better team. This is basically the reverse of the recent Ohio State-Wisconsin game. Ohio State is going to need some breaks to go their way to pull this out.

And they just got one. That better stand.

That fumble reversal was pure poppycock. I thought Bill Lemonnier was so off his rocker he might lose his gig.

Disagree. Ohio State is better but committed 2 really bad penalties that turned this game around.

How does that Clemson Interception stand where he only had 2 steps wit the ball in his control before going out of bounds and the Catch, 3 steps , ball stripped fumble not count?

Fields is OSU’s next NFL bust QB.
Would love to see what Morgan could do with all those clean pockets. OSU's line hasn't been perfect, but Fields has had time and still made poor choices way too often.

Ohio State is getting robbed. They are the better team, should have been up by 20-30 points, but go conservative in the red zone.

IMHO, Ohio State has had the best of Clemson in this game. Dobbins dropped a clear TD. Two stupid bonehead penalties. And that fumble that was overturned which was totally ridiculous... They could easily be up by 14 - 21 points.

SEC refs are trying their best to screw Ohio St out of the game. They're still hanging tough.

- Lawrence ducked his head into the oncoming sack to make it look like targeting. So that was BS and cost OSU a player.
- Clemson punter jumped into the OSU player who was trying to avoid him. So more BS

Both those penalties led directly to big TD plays.

Then the absolute BS reversal on the fumble recovery TD.

Dobbins getting hurt has been an issue, Fields is pressing, big ejection on the targeting. Mistakes, bad officiating have turned the game as well.

Game could go either way. I feel like OSU’s defense has a slight edge while Clemson’s O may be slightly better. OSU probably has a slightly better chance vs LSU which sad to say looks pretty tough.

SEC refs are trying their best to screw Ohio St out of the game. They're still hanging tough.

- Lawrence ducked his head into the oncoming sack to make it look like targeting. So that was BS and cost OSU a player.
- Clemson punter jumped into the OSU player who was trying to avoid him. So more BS

I disagree on your first two points. OSU player led with the crown on the targeting and the punt penalty was so obviously bad on that Buckeye.

yeah that looked like a 5 yarder hit on the punter. Didn’t look malicious or intentional. The punter did a great job of selling it and leaping forward into him.

I disagree on your first two points. OSU player led with the crown on the targeting and the punt penalty was so obviously bad on that Buckeye.

My understanding of the rule is the rusher has to hit the plant leg or while both legs are contacting the ground. The kicker leapt into the defender with both feet off the ground so he certainly ran into him, and the defender prevented him from landing. Maybe I just don’t understand the spirit of the rule. School me.

Sorry folks. But I keep watching that overturned scoop and score by Ohio State. The receiver catches the ball and takes three steps before the ball comes out. I really don’t understand how it could in any conceivable way be overturned. And so quickly. Refs absolutely screwed up on that one.

I was wrong on the targeting. Thanks for reminding me, I always forget that leading with your crown, even if you don't contact the other player's helmet, is still targeting.

You're wrong on the second part. Agree to disagree

I was wrong on the targeting. Thanks for reminding me, I always forget that leading with your crown, even if you don't contact the other player's helmet, is still targeting.

You're wrong on the second part. Agree to disagree

I think I don't understand the rule as well on the punting penalty. I just thought OSU player f-ed up by putting himself in that position in the first place.

It’s a judgment call,and they went with the personal foul. Nice flop though.

Top Bottom