Other Bowl Games Thread - 2019 College Bowl Season Edition

Iowa's defense didn't make it to San Diego. I find it hard to believe Iowa's offense can continue to make up the difference.

Iowa's DBs are playing WAY back.

Their linebackers are hanging out near the OL but not doing anything ...

And the middle of the field is pretty much empty.

WTF are they doing?

Iowa just showed this new fangled idea. It's called a "Special Teams Room". Minnesota should build one of these rooms.

With starting USC QB out looks like Iowa might have a much easier rest of the night.

Ryan Leaf and Clay Matvick announcing the Air Force game. Ryan Leaf has turned into one of my favorite people after all the good things he said about the U. Also, didn't Clay used to announce the Gopher Hockey games?

B1G ends the night 2-0. I'm happy so far since I always root B1G conference in bowl games, no matter what (though it is tough).

Good day for the BIG yesterday, especially Iowa's thumping of USC. Lets hope for another one today:
Go Lions, Go Buckeyes.

The fall from greatness at USC vs the mid-00’s continues to shock. They look slow, small, uninspired particularly on defense. They made Iowa look like they had Olympians all over the field. Hard to understand how Helton still has a job. A new perspective is clearly needed...wow.

The fall from greatness at USC vs the mid-00’s continues to shock. They look slow, small, uninspired particularly on defense. They made Iowa look like they had Olympians all over the field. Hard to understand how Helton still has a job. A new perspective is clearly needed...wow.

The announcer screaming that we were going to see Leach's Air Raid with 5 star athletes made me laugh. Well Iowa walked all over them with 3 and 4 star guys and it wasn't close. Iowa struggled on offense most of the year, but when you play the turn gates the PAC12 and Big12 call defenses, this is what happens.

The announcer screaming that we were going to see Leach's Air Raid with 5 star athletes made me laugh. Well Iowa walked all over them with 3 and 4 star guys and it wasn't close. Iowa struggled on offense most of the year, but when you play the turn gates the PAC12 and Big12 call defenses, this is what happens.

I know for a fact USC fans aren’t happy. I’m a fan of the spread offense but the fall off on defense is most surprising. Iowa played inspired ball on D. Outside of OSU maybe the best D in the conference IMO.

It’s hard to believe USC is 4th on the 247 team talent ranking. They’re ahead of Clemson, LSU, Oklahoma, etc.

Iowa is 43rd, just 3 spots above us. Auburn is 13th.

I think people will be surprised with USC next year. Not losing much and a boatload of talent in Jr and So classes.

USC looked bad last night, no doubt. But the game was 24-28 at one point.

Bad night for the PAC in general, with Wash St losing to Air Force. Wonder if fans in Pullman are getting restless with Leach? The weird mid-season resignation of Tracy Claeys.

He was Tech's HC for 10 seasons. Won 8 or 9 games every year 2002-2007. Then breakout in 2008, winning 11 games. Regressed in 2009, back to 8 wins, then fired for the famous controversy.

Has been at Wash St now for 8 seasons. Won 8 or 9 games every year 2015-2017. Then breakout in 2018, winning 11 games. Regress in 2019, down to 6 wins. Then ....... ??

It’s hard to believe USC is 4th on the 247 team talent ranking. They’re ahead of Clemson, LSU, Oklahoma, etc.

Iowa is 43rd, just 3 spots above us. Auburn is 13th.

Talent ranking? That must be based on the star ratings assigned by recruiting services and for 2020 it was 1) Clemson, 2) Alabama, 3) Ohio State and that's been true for some time. Didn't see USC mentioned anywhere..

Last edited:

Talent ranking? That must be based on the star ratings assigned by recruiting services and for 2020 it was 1) Clemson, 2) Alabama, 3) Ohio State and that's been true for some time. Didn't see USC mentioned.

Did I say anything about the 2020 class? The overall team talent ranking, based on current rosters.

Did I say anything about the 2020 class? The overall team talent ranking, based on current rosters.

Well that "talent ranking" is clearly BS, unadulterated, pure BS.

PSU getting it rolling with that drive.

Anyway, any one interested in Penn St. vs Memphis? Iam because a rising tide raises all boats. To be specific, if the BIG does well in bowl games, it raises perceptions of all B1G teams, improving recruiting.

“F*ck their boat” guy is off to a rough start in this game.

Is KC on the sidelines for Penn State?

Iowa State not looking amazing but sort of hanging in there with Notre Dame. 2nd half left, but looking like Iowa State is gonna end up at 7-6 after going 8-5 in Matt Campbell’s first two seasons. Big year for him next season! Don’t think fans/admin are going to settle for 7&8 win seasons as the ceiling. Some close losses this year. The infamous loss to Iowa in Ames with GameDay there and the scandal with the band.

Penn State looking solid now after a slow start.

Really hoping for a Big Ten sweep of bowl games. (Or even better, almost a Big Ten sweep with Wisconsin being the only loss).

Top Bottom