Ohio State

What you're saying is nonsense my man.

I hope this combative argument about Michigan makes your day better.

What you're saying is nonsense my man.

I hope this combative argument about Michigan makes your day better.
It's perfectly clear if you read the 2nd half of the post you quoted. Can't make it more clear than that. I'm not sorry you can't think it out.

I do like how dolly got real quiet though after he was clearly wrong. Typical.

Let the record show that bass said OSU would “crush” Mich in post #17, then backed down to simply “lose” in post #20. All posts then he has quietly ignored this point and switched to his opinion that Michigan sucks, which he can’t be wrong about and allows him to troll people much more.

They’re so unbeatable that they haven’t gone unbeaten including a bowl game since 2002

As a tOSU fan, I can say tOSU is definitely beatable, although I do think they are the best team in the country. The weak link for tOSU is Fields at QB. His accuracy is not there yet, and neither are his reads and progression. He is mildly improving, but he needs a legitimate offseasons to take the next step. He also slides too much. He has a nice upside, but he doesn't handle pressure well. Luckily, he is athletic and get get himself out of trouble more than he gets himself into trouble.

The problem with my tOSU team is it is a bit of pick your poison, even if Fields struggles, because he isn't BAD. You have to stop Dobbins/Teague running first, which is hard with a talented offensive line. Myers, the center, is a tackle on any other team in the country, and he is an absolute manchild, that is incredibly athletic. I saw him play some high school sized kids in HS, and it was one of the most visually disgusting things you could see. He threw a smaller kid from Fairmont about 15 yards into their sideline. Soooo, if you stack the box, then Dobbins is still quick enough to get to the edge, and the TEs and WRs are excellent blockers.

Even then once you stuff the run, you have to still deal with Fields passing and running. He really isn't great at either, but he is still good...at both...both being the key word, making it incredibly difficult to defend, as there are so many great options to go to with Olave, Hill, Victor, Mack, and some of the talented FR WRs, who can catch balls short or deep.

Obviously, it depends on matchups, but the key there is to pressure Fields as a passer, and force him to throw errant passes or put tOSU in 3rd and long situations. I also think he is turnover prone against quality teams running and passing despite what his stats say. The rest you just have to deal with in terms of running and dobbins.

Defensively....good luck. If you have big, fast, athletic WRs and TEs, you might be able to win some jump ball scenarios against tOSU's DBs, but you can anticipate on losing some too....assuming the QB has enough time to throw without getting decapitated.

Somebody mentioned the points scored against tOSU by Rutgers and FAU. tOSU's 3rd string, including some walk ons were on the field the 2nd half...they gave up a few TDs...Whoop Dee Doo. The PSU game really wasn't close. tOSU dominated the game. Fields fumbled away a TD at the goal line losing 7pts. Then tOSU fumbled 3 other times inside their own 30, leading to 10pts for PSU, otherwise it is a 35-7 game without tOSU's self inflicted blows. Likewise, Levis is a better QB than Clifford, so the defense needed half a quarter to adjust to him, and then he also got shut down.

Last edited:

As a tOSU fan, I can say tOSU is definitely beatable, although I do think they are the best team in the country. The weak link for tOSU is Fields at QB. His accuracy is not there yet, and neither are his reads and progression. He is mildly improving, but he needs a legitimate offseasons to take the next step. He also slides too much. He has a nice upside, but he doesn't handle pressure well. Luckily, he is athletic and get get himself out of trouble more than he gets himself into trouble.

The problem with my tOSU team is it is a bit of pick your poison, even if Fields struggles, because he isn't BAD. You have to stop Dobbins/Teague running first, which is hard with a talented offensive line. Myers, the center, is a tackle on any other team in the country, and he is an absolute manchild, that is incredibly athletic. I saw him play some high school sized kids in HS, and it was one of the most visually disgusting things you could see. He threw a smaller kid from Fairmont about 15 yards into their sideline. Soooo, if you stack the box, then Dobbins is still quick enough to get to the edge, and the TEs and WRs are excellent blockers.

Even then once you stuff the run, you have to still deal with Fields passing and running. He really isn't great at either, but he is still good...at both...both being the key word, making it incredibly difficult to defend, as there are so many great options to go to with Olave, Hill, Victor, Mack, and some of the talented FR WRs, who can catch balls short or deep.

Obviously, it depends on matchups, but the key there is to pressure Fields as a passer, and force him to throw errant passes or put tOSU in 3rd and long situations. I also think he is turnover prone against quality teams running and passing despite what his stats say. The rest you just have to deal with in terms of running and dobbins.

Defensively....good luck. If you have big, fast, athletic WRs and TEs, you might be able to win some jump ball scenarios against tOSU's DBs, but you can anticipate on losing some too....assuming the QB has enough time to throw without getting decapitated.

Somebody mentioned the points scored against tOSU by Rutgers and FAU. tOSU's 3rd string, including some walk ons were on the field the 2nd half...they gave up a few TDs...Whoop Dee Doo. The PSU game really wasn't close. tOSU dominated the game. Fields fumbled away a TD at the goal line losing 7pts. Then tOSU fumbled 3 other times inside their own 30, leading to 10pts for PSU, otherwise it is a 35-7 game without tOSU's self inflicted blows. Likewise, Levis is a better QB than Clifford, so the defense needed half a quarter to adjust to him, and then he also got shut down.

So as an OSU fan, do you think your team has faced an offense as good as Minnesota's this year? Serious question. I really don't think you have and Michigan can be included in that group.

Thanks for the insightful post.

Cheering for you this weekend in The Game. If we play you in the B1G Championship, I'll obviously be cheering for the Gophers. Other than that, I'm a fan of tOSU the rest of the year! Have had predominately positive interactions with your fanbase, both online and in person.

So as an OSU fan, do you think your team has faced an offense as good as Minnesota's this year? Serious question. I really don't think you have and Michigan can be included in that group.

Yes and no. Football is a game of matchups, so it's always interesting to see how it matches up. With that said, I think Minnesota has some tools in place to possibly beat tOSU. I feel like Tanner Morgan would be under some relentless pressure, despite Minnesota's increased size on the line, I feel like they are still vulnerable with a speed rush and stunts up the middle. He is excellent at creating plays, so IF he is in that situation, and he throws random passes up, he does have some luxury with tall and athletic receivers that can go up and get the ball, however those wideouts haven't played any good DBs yet. Defensively, I'm not sure Minnesota could slow up tOSU much, HOWEVER I do think Winfield's boy could pick Fields off. So somewhat like PSU, but in different facets. If Minnesota can gets turnovers and makes the big play, then who knows. Reading some of the posts on here though, I would give Minnesota a better chance than a lot of Minnesota fans would...you just have to play your cards right and make a little luck.

Thanks for the insightful post.

Cheering for you this weekend in The Game. If we play you in the B1G Championship, I'll obviously be cheering for the Gophers. Other than that, I'm a fan of tOSU the rest of the year! Have had predominately positive interactions with your fanbase, both online and in person.
Are you about 12? My God, TO$U is the devil. They think everyone in the B1G sucks but them. Go read Bucknuts if you want to find out what they really think of your Gophers!

Are you about 12? My God, TO$U is the devil. They think everyone in the B1G sucks but them. Go read Bucknuts if you want to find out what they really think of your Gophers!

I'm aware most people don't like the over dog, but I genuinely enjoy all the big ten teams except for michigan. So as long as every other team in the big ten universally hates them, then we are good. Well that and notre dame...I hate those cocksuckers too.

I'm aware most people don't like the over dog, but I genuinely enjoy all the big ten teams except for michigan. So as long as every other team in the big ten universally hates them, then we are good. Well that and notre dame...I hate those cocksuckers too.
Alright then! LOL

Are you me or am I you? :love::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:

Have you not watched any of their recent games? They nearly came back at PSU. They stomped Notre Dame. And they just embarrassed a recently ranked Indiana team in their own house.

I would say everything you mentioned is outdated from the first half of the season. Teams do improve and/or rebound. They have. And well.

while I don’t agree with the original poster, Indiana was over ranked.

Are we allowed to use the word Cocksuckers? I’ve never read what the rules are about this type of stuff, haha. You made me spill my water.

while I don’t agree with the original poster, Indiana was over ranked.

I'd say it is somewhere in the middle. Indiana is a little overrated, and Michigan is definitely playing better. Personally, I hope they are 110% against tOSU, so we can crush their soul even more.

Are we allowed to use the word Cocksuckers? I’ve never read what the rules are about this type of stuff, haha. You made me spill my water.

I didn't see the rules for that, but I associate them being in about the same light as using derogatory terms to describe the Taliban or ISIS, so perhaps it will be forgiven.

I didn't see the rules for that, but I associate them being in about the same light as using derogatory terms to describe the Taliban or ISIS, so perhaps it will be forgiven.
You made roll from laughter. Good stuff.

Apparently there are no bleep outs on the new forum lol

Both my parents went to Michigan. I grew up watching every football and basketball game they played in the late 70s and 80s. Our traditional rivals — Wisconsin and Iowa — are easily my most hated teams. In this regard, Nebraska is just a notch below as I’m finding they have very nice fans in person, but are the most stuck-up, obnoxious, delusional, wishing-for-the-good-old-days, keyboard cowboys in the B1G. Michigan, they are like the golden boy that the B1G almost seems to bend over backward to make sure they succeed. Yet fails to deliver when given every advantage to do so. If it comes down to Michigan and Ohio State, I go with Ohio State all day long. Please don’t tell my mother.

Michigan sucks. They should have lost to Army, they got completely destroyed by Wisconsin. They aren't good. Ohio State is going to crush them.
So I'm assuming you think minnesota is horrible too? We barely beat ga. Southern, Fresno, and sdak st. Michigan barely got by army. Both have played unbelievable since. Ohio state in for a game Saturday. Michigan will be in this from the start.

In college football, strange things can happen..as in college basketball-- ask Duke.

The Gophers are obviously a very good football team, and that's good enough to give them a shot vs. OSU if it comes to that. But the odds are against them.

So I'm assuming you think minnesota is horrible too? We barely beat ga. Southern, Fresno, and sdak st. Michigan barely got by army. Both have played unbelievable since. Ohio state in for a game Saturday. Michigan will be in this from the start.
MN should clearly be the CFP #1 and Mich shouldn't even be ranked. The rankings are fixed.

Top Bottom