Ohio State

OldBob53

Reaction score
Are the Buckeyes in a league of their own, unbeatable except perhaps by LSU or Clemson?

OSU 38, Wisconsin 7
OSU 42, Cincinnati (#19) 0
OSU 76, Miami of Ohio 5
OSU 52, Northwestern 3
OSU 73, Maryland 14

I see domination.

Best team in the country despite the rankings, and it might not be close.

Odd week to post after their game against PSU and the week of Michigan.

I expect Michigan to give them a game.

They only beat Penn State by 11. They let Rutgers and Florida Atlantic score 21 points each. They're the best in the Big 10 by far but I don't think they're unbeatable. They'll be heavily favored but I think Michigan and the winner of the Big Ten West both have a shot if they play well and don't turn the ball over.

Odd week to post after their game against PSU and the week of Michigan.

I expect Michigan to give them a game.
Wasn’t one of the Gopher criticisms for not being ranked higher was that we have not yet had the big win on the road? Neither has OSU. While many of OSU’s wins have been impressive, 5 of their 8 Big Ten wins are against teams who are not yet bowl eligible. While I will agree they are a very, very good football team and deserve their ranking - not ready for the “domination” label just yet. Michigan game should tell a lot.

I agree: the Michigan game will shed light on this matter.

OSU is beatable. Michigan is horrible so I don't put much stock in that game. If the gophers get to play them and if they take care of the ball they can play with OSU. Our offense is that good.

I agree: the Michigan game will shed light on this matter.
Michigan is about as good as Penn St. The game is at home for them, though, and obviously a huge rivalry game.

So I wouldn't be surprised if it was closer than 11. But also wouldn't be surprised if it was more than 11. I think OSU wins, regardless. They're the Alabama of the Big Ten, at this point.

Michigan was not good early in the year. They are firing right now. I think they pull the upset.

I think they are a very good team. Are they the best? Not sure, but they are for sure a top 4 squad.
Penn State gave them a pretty good game, and to be honest, I wasn't really expecting that. We will see what happens with Michigan, but my bet is that it is a 14 point or less game. Hopefully we win on Saturday so we get to play them. I think a team like the Gophers that can throw the ball well has a much better shot at beating them than the slow, plodding, boring Wisconsin.

I'd trust Auburn or Florida to give them a good game more than Penn State, Wisconsin, Michigan.

OSU is good, but I think the trio of B1G teams above are more like top 15-25 teams. The B1G conference gets drops off significantly below Ohio State IMO, and this has more to do with low quality from the rest as opposed to OSU being world beaters. The gophers *may* be the only ones in with a shout, though I'd doubt it.

The Big Ten top to bottom is just as good as the SEC. Lot of garbage that gets beat up on in the SEC just like the Big Ten.
Defense is also not a thing down there like it is up here. Sconny, Penn State, Iowa and Minnesota would give alot of those teams great games.

While I agree that Ohio St is probably the best team in the country by some distance, it is dangerous to think that. The last team that I remember being hyped the way Ohio St is this year was Oklahoma in 2003. There was a lot of talk that they were the best team in the history of college football after they sailed through the regular season at 12-0 and most of the games were blowouts (including 65-13 over #11 Texas and 52-9 over #14 Oklahoma St). QB Jason White won the Heisman Trophy. They got to the Big 12 title game against Kansas St and were blown out 35-7. Even after that embarrassing loss, they still qualified for the BCS championship game vs LSU. They lost 21-14 in a game that really wasn't that close.

While I don't think that's going to happen to Ohio St, I am a bit skeptical when teams start to get hyped the way the Buckeyes have.

Are the Buckeyes in a league of their own, unbeatable except perhaps by LSU or Clemson?

OSU 38, Wisconsin 7
OSU 42, Cincinnati (#19) 0
OSU 76, Miami of Ohio 5
OSU 52, Northwestern 3
OSU 73, Maryland 14

I see domination.

Yep. I don't see anyone beating them this year, barring some kind of miracle. Minnesota might have the game through the air to shock the world. If we win on Saturday, my hope against the Buckeyes is for a moral victory.

LOL! Stopped reading after this asinine comment.
Michigan sucks. They should have lost to Army, they got completely destroyed by Wisconsin. They aren't good. Ohio State is going to crush them.

Michigan sucks. They should have lost to Army, they got completely destroyed by Wisconsin. They aren't good. Ohio State is going to crush them.

Have you not watched any of their recent games? They nearly came back at PSU. They stomped Notre Dame. And they just embarrassed a recently ranked Indiana team in their own house.

I would say everything you mentioned is outdated from the first half of the season. Teams do improve and/or rebound. They have. And well.

Have you not watched any of their recent games? They nearly came back at PSU. They stomped Notre Dame. And they just embarrassed a recently ranked Indiana team in their own house.

I would say everything you mentioned is outdated from the first half of the season. Teams do improve and/or rebound. They have. And well.
I watched the ND game because I hate ND and thoroughly enjoyed the stomping Mich gave them. You are going to use "nearly came back" as evidence a team is good? Pretty clear evidence they are bad since they lost. Mich will do what Mich does under Harbough, lose to OSU.

You haven't watched any of their last 8 games, particularly the last 4. Most people try not to profess their ignorance so loudly.

You haven't watched any of their last 8 games, particularly the last 4. Most people try not to profess their ignorance so loudly.
Wow you usually aren't so wrong. ND was 4 games ago I believe. Nope didn't watch them beat a horrible maryland or mich state. Who have they beat this year that's good? Iowa? Meh.

Also you need to calm down. I hate Harbough. There is nothing Mich can do to make me think they are any better than the sh!tty team they are. :rolleyes: But it was fun pointing out you were wrong!

Wow you usually aren't so wrong. ND was 4 games ago I believe. Nope didn't watch them beat a horrible maryland or mich state. Who have they beat this year that's good? Iowa? Meh.

Also you need to calm down. I hate Harbough. There is nothing Mich can do to make me think they are any better than the sh!tty team they are. :rolleyes: But it was fun pointing out you were wrong!

They are, at worst, a top 20 team. No one is calling them national championship contenders, because they aren't, but calling them horrible, shitty, not good, sucks, is stupid.

Your feelings about Harbaugh are immaterial to the quality of their team.

They are, at worst, a top 20 team. No one is calling them national championship contenders, because they aren't, but calling them horrible, shitty, not good, sucks, is stupid.

Your feelings about Harbaugh are immaterial to the quality of their team.
I stopped reading your posts when you made the asinine comment about me not watching the last 8 games after I clearly stated I watched the ND game.

You are entitled to your opinion. My opinion is Mich sucks this year.

Oh and again, it was fun pointing out you were wrong dolly! I know how much you hate being wrong! Must really suck me pointing it out!

You can say Michigan isn't great...but they aren't shitty. You're being purposely combative.

Read the 2nd half of the post you quoted, then think.

Huh? You said no matter what they do you'll think they are shitty because you don't like their coach. That is dumb, even for this site.

I hate wisconsin. They aren't shitty. I hate iowa, also not shitty.

Didn't OSU get their shit packed the last time they were in a CFP game? They always look good in the regular season, but sometimes puke in big games.

Huh? You said no matter what they do you'll think they are shitty because you don't like their coach. That is dumb, even for this site.

I hate wisconsin. They aren't shitty. I hate iowa, also not shitty.
I think thinking is your problem.

Hey though we agree on wisconsin and iowa :drink:

Top Bottom