Ohio State Rematch

Week by week it will clear up. MN, WI, NW still control destiny on paper. Purdue and Iowa need help. Iowa will get that help with Purdue still playing OSU and MSU. It comes down to MN at Iowa and the winner having the inside track. Beating Iowa would put MN in line to have the WI game be meaningless for the division.

Northwestern and Wisconsin potentially get all but eliminated this weekend.

Pump . . . the . . . brakes. Let’s maybe actually beat Iowa and Sconnie first? Not being pessimistic - just realistic.

I am very much hopeful, too. Let’s (insert cliche) take it a game at a time.

Soooo much football to be played yet.

Pump . . . the . . . brakes. Let’s maybe actually beat Iowa and Sconnie first? Not being pessimistic - just realistic.

But we need to start making hotel and rental car reservations for Indy. Kenny G is playing there that weekend and things could fill up real fast.

Those brakes feel a little soft..

let’s get by Maryland first. See how the other games go.

then let’s get by NW.

then Illinois…..

we are more than capable of losing to anybody. See week 4 result.
Yes the TEAM needs this focus, but FANS do not. FANS speculating on the future does not affect the performance of the TEAM.

Obviously the team needs to take it one game at a time.....that is the entire purpose for the one game championship seasons that Fleck is always talking about.

But no harm in fans playing out the possibilities and getting excited about what could happen if the team takes care of business in the weeks ahead.

Some Ohio St. fans sat behind us during the first game of the year. They were alright as far as opposing fans go. After the game, I was talking to one of them and as we parted ways we said "see you in Indy" at the exact same time. Whoa....
However, neither of us immediately said "jinx" so I don't know if that means it will come to fruition or not.

Some Ohio St. fans sat behind us during the first game of the year. They were alright as far as opposing fans go. After the game, I was talking to one of them and as we parted ways we said "see you in Indy" at the exact same time. Whoa....
However, neither of us immediately said "jinx" so I don't know if that means it will come to fruition or not.
Well if it doesn't happen at least we know who is to blame..... :)

I like this scenario!
Gophers settle all traveling trophies in one season! Just like Michael Corleone would do.
And yes, we have The Governor’s Bell.
But then the whole debate comes up on whether the trophy should be on the line in a championship game. Do we really need that kind of drama? :)

Beat Maryland first.

As a fan, I like to keep my focus on the next opponent knowing that if I overlook them, we just might lose.

Obviously the team needs to take it one game at a time.....that is the entire purpose for the one game championship seasons that Fleck is always talking about.

But no harm in fans playing out the possibilities and getting excited about what could happen if the team takes care of business in the weeks ahead.
Normally that would be universally agreed. But when Sanford is your OC you had best take it a game at a time, or maybe even a half at a time.

We are going to beat a dog crap Michigan state team by 30 in the big ten title game
Because even though they are the 4th best team in the east we will get lucky and they will win the division

This feels like the stock market of today. We were hopeless 3 weeks ago, now a couple upticks and everything is headed for the moon on a runaway rocket.

If the Gophers can win a meaningful title in football (even just the division) for the first time in my life then it will be time to play one of 4 teams that have a good shot at it in the East.

Normally that would be universally agreed. But when Sanford is your OC you had best take it a game at a time, or maybe even a half at a time.
Guess I still don't follow what the OC has to do with it. Obviously it is crazy for any fan to take anything for granted given how inconsistent we have been this year. But there is still zero harm in fans looking ahead and having fun with predictions and scenarios.

Anyone looking at flights and hotels in Indy is nuts but the rest is harmless.

We are going to beat a dog crap Michigan state team by 30 in the big ten title game
Because even though they are the 4th best team in the east we will get lucky and they will win the division
If MSU finds their way to the Big Ten title game it will be one of the most shocking occurrences of the 2021 season. That team is so ridiculously over rated that it isn't even funny at this point.

That said, I would love to see them knock off Purdue in a few weeks. Heck at this point I am pulling hard for any East teams in their remaining crossover games with the West. With the obvious exceptions of Maryland and Indiana when they face us.

We've seen that just about any Big Ten game can go the wrong way. For the Gophers....ANY game can go the wrong way. But....assuming the BTW continues on current trajectory....the winner of the Iowa/Minnesota game, I'd think would have the best shot. Obviously there are three weeks in between those games.....but if things go as expected.....the winner of Floyd would seem to be the West champ.

Really?
Or is my sarcasm meter to low?
sarcasm-haha.gif

I'm really hoping that the trophy can be handed off to Iowa. They seem to be bigger rivals for PSU at this point!

I like this scenario!
Gophers settle all traveling trophies in one season! Just like Michael Corleone would do.
And yes, we have The Governor’s Bell.
We have the Chair too. What happens to the $5 Bits of Broken Chair trophy between games?

We have the Chair too. What happens to the $5 Bits of Broken Chair trophy between games?
I didn't go to the state fair last year -- but I don't recall it being in the display cases in previous years.

Top Bottom