Ohio State rebellion

There is no agony quite like being a life long Gopher fan :*(

Exactly. We finally get a good fb team and now this.

Am expecting the bb team to have an amazing season and then the tourney to get canceled as well. Or a crummy season and then will be full steam ahead.

It's not hard to sell Minneapolis at all. It's a vibrant place to be, and a majority of youth are glad that these protests are/have been happening and that tangible change is finally starting to be effected across this country.

Your stance couldn't possibly be more out of touch with this young generation.

I think you’re delusional af, but we can agree to disagree.

Yup, that's fine. You're quite entitled to your opinion, it's just naive to project it onto people a fraction of your age.

Well, we do know the staffs of other teams have been using recent events against Minnesota. We also know the recruiting momentum was blunted, including 3 decommits. Regardless of your opinion of the city, it doesn’t look as appealing to outsiders as it did a few months ago. They spent a lot of time selling the city in the virtual tours. I’m not suggesting they can’t overcome it, but it will take some time, IMO.

BTW, I’ve never stated my age on GH.

Again, i'll reiterate that you're not looking at Minneapolis and the U through a high school kid's eyes. Your opinions are not in any way representative of theirs. If you want to argue that certain businesses or organizations may find it less appealing to venture to MN right now? I won't refute that. I'm sure some do. These kids don't give a shit about it tho. The University of Minnesota and Minneapolis are incredible places to be, sorry you don't see it that way. There are plenty of schools with great football teams that SUCK as places to live, and kids still go there. They just wanna play in nice facilities somewhere that's relevant and gives them a shot at W's on Saturdays.

BTW, whether or not you've disclosed your age publicly doesn't change the fact that these kids are at least half or more your age. That's two different worlds, as far as opinions and objectives.

You guys can continue to throw shit at the wall or look at the facts.

The B1G controls the revenue collectively and it is handed back to the school evenly. A couple of teams with a hair up their butt can not make contracts with any national TV coverage. If they tried the B1G has the right to take it. This is not the WTF12 conference that lets Texas walk all over the other teams. None of these teams have the power to act outside of the B1G unless they want to be dropped from the conference. So without the ability to sell tickets to fans and no large network TV revenue, how do these guys expect to pay for the costs of playing a few games. They would lose more money than not playing at all. The B1G collectively has the leverage and they made the decision as a conference.

Also, there has been a lot of press on the "spring season" starting in January coming directly from he B1G. They will launch the plans soon. Hopefully things settle down enough to be able to play those games.

Also, The SEC, ACC and WTF12 will not be playing many games this fall before it is stopped. At least two ACC schools have already sent their students home because of Covid outbreaks.

Again, i'll reiterate that you're not looking at Minneapolis and the U through a high school kid's eyes. Your opinions are not in any way representative of theirs. If you want to argue that certain businesses or organizations may find it less appealing to venture to MN right now? I won't refute that. I'm sure some do. These kids don't give a shit about it tho. The University of Minnesota and Minneapolis are incredible places to be, sorry you don't see it that way. There are plenty of schools with great football teams that SUCK as places to live,

BTW, whether or not you've disclosed your age publicly doesn't change the fact that these kids are at least half or more your age. That's two different worlds, as far as opinions and objectives.
Again, i'll reiterate that you're not looking at Minneapolis and the U through a high school kid's eyes. Your opinions are not in any way representative of theirs. If you want to argue that certain businesses or organizations may find it less appealing to venture to MN right now? I won't refute that. I'm sure some do. These kids don't give a shit about it tho. The University of Minnesota and Minneapolis are incredible places to be, sorry you don't see it that way. There are plenty of schools with great football teams that SUCK as places to live, and kids still go there. They just wanna play in nice facilities somewhere that's relevant and gives them a shot at W's on Saturdays.

Again, there’s no way you could possible know whether I’m at least twice as old as the recruits. I could be 22...25...black, white, Hispanic...you have no idea.

You’re not looking at it through their eyes either. You’re injecting your own bias into the discussion. Police brutality, burning neighborhoods and rising crime rates are not helpful. Many of these kids AND THIER PARENTS know very little about the city, other than what is projected to them through the media and from the coaching staffs of our rivals.

Again, there’s no way you could possible know whether I’m at least twice as old as the recruits. I could be 22...25...black, white, Hispanic...you have no idea.

You're arguing pretty hard about something i'm not wrong about. Doesn't that feel silly?

You’re not looking at it through their eyes either. You’re injecting your own bias into the discussion. Police brutality, burning neighborhoods and rising crime rates are not helpful. Many of these kids AND THIER PARENTS know very little about the city, other than what is projected to them through the media and from the coaching staffs of our rivals.
I'm from out of town but I know a shitload about MSP; it's been all over the news for the last several months! How could you not know anything about the twin cities at this point?

I'm from out of town but I know a shitload about MSP; it's been all over the news for the last several months! How could you not know anything about the twin cities at this point?

Many kids from Texas, Florida, Georgia don’t know shit about Minnesota. What have they seen over the last several months? Knee on neck, riots, looting, skyrocketing crime rate. I’m in the city every day, so I’m able to keep it in perspective. Besides what is told to them by others, they only know what they see on TV. They can’t even visit right now.

It doesn't take a detective to notice the join date and then work an estimate from there, and there aren't or haven't been many active posters here on the board who are any younger than their mid 20's.

Please, no. There are this many mid-20s Trump voters around? How does that even happen?

Please, no. There are this many mid-20s Trump voters around? How does that even happen?
Frustration from still being a virgin.

Talking about abolishing the federal government, doesn't get most women excited.

Man .... that was some rebellion!!!

Am I right??

Top Bottom