Ohio State rebellion

Dude, I’ve been one of his biggest supporters since he was hired. I’m a realist. It’s obvious recent events have proven to be a bit of a stumbling block. Sitting out while their main rivals play would be the last 3 months X10.
Not sitting out, playing in the spring. I could just as well throw your silliness right back at you: playing in the spring while their rivals sit out will be a massive boon!

Dude, I’ve been one of his biggest supporters since he was hired. I’m a realist. It’s obvious recent events have proven to be a bit of a stumbling block. Sitting out while their main rivals play would be the last 3 months X10.

I'll bet you literally anything you want that other Big Ten teams are not going to play games while the Gophers sit. Check your sources, dude.

Do you also read QAnon??

I'll bet you literally anything you want that other Big Ten teams are not going to play games while the Gophers sit. Check your sources, dude.

Do you also read QAnon??

I didn’t say it would happen. I was merely commenting on the speculation. It would be very bad. I’m usually more optimistic than the average Gopher fan.

Wisconsin (Alvarez and Blank) will never agree to such a debacle. Ohio State and Nebraska I have no respect for; Penn State I could care less, but Harbaugh and Michigan disappoint the hell out of me for even being mentioned in such a scenario. Oh yeah, and Iowa can go F themselves and their pigs.

Let's hope this doesn't happen. A college football season in which some Big Ten teams play (especially Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska) is a doomsday scenario for the Gophers, who almost certainly would sit out.

Minnesota, along with Illinois, Northwestern, and Rutgers, will be the last schools to play.
From what I’ve read, michigan state will be the last to play

Just spit ballin’ here ...

If played, I suspect the games may be treated as scrimmages and the so-called champion may not be accepted by the College Playoff Committee for the playoffs, if there are any.

The reasoning is that these games won’t be sanctioned by the B1G, nor are the teams officially recognized as independents by the NCAA, and therefore their records and stats will be unofficial.

Money does talk, and if Ohio State sweeps their games, they will probably be invited to the playoffs. And they could be the first 0-0 team in sports history to be part of a championship playoff.

I didn’t say it would happen. I was merely commenting on the speculation. It would be very bad. I’m usually more optimistic than the average Gopher fan.
Bolded: zero evidence for this, merely you hoping it would turn out badly, to punish those who don't agree with you in the war of ideas on this virus. That is just, damned bitter, man.

If played, I suspect the games may be treated as scrimmages and the so-called champion may not be accepted by the College Playoff Committee for the playoffs, if there are any.

The reasoning is that these games won’t be sanctioned by the B1G, nor are the teams officially recognized as independents by the NCAA, and therefore their records and stats will be unofficial.

Money does talk, and if Ohio State sweeps their games, they will probably be invited to the playoffs. And they could be the first 0-0 team in sports history to be part of a championship playoff.
Technically, they'd probably just be treated as non-conference games. But the question would be, can the Big Ten black-ball them for the TV contract. In which case, no network would be allowed to broadcast the games.

I'm hoping that can hold true. If this even is more than a rumor.

This isn't happening. There's a 95% chance a spring season won't happen either. Those odds get even lower if the SEC, Big 12, and ACC play this fall.

^^^ also, a 97.24% chance of made up probabilities, by a bitter poster

Neither here not there, but i checked out 11 Warriors, which seems to be the main osu message board. It is ugly there. No debate like gh on proper path going forward. It is 100% Warren is incompetent, osu should leave the big ten, etc., etc.

Neither here not there, but i checked out 11 Warriors, which seems to be the main osu message board. It is ugly there. No debate like gh on proper path going forward. It is 100% Warren is incompetent, osu should leave the big ten, etc., etc.

Ohio will have high school football, the NFL, and Cincinnati Bearcat football for now this fall. But no Ohio St football. That doesn't make a lot of sense.

I honestly don’t care about any of the Eastern timezone schools in the Big Ten. Not even the fabled Jug “rivalry”.

A conference of just the AAU schools from Missouri Kansas and north In the Central timezone, would be a fantastic conference. Not gonna happen though.

Ohio will have high school football, the NFL, and Cincinnati Bearcat football for now this fall. But no Ohio St football. That doesn't make a lot of sense.

Exactly. Throw in the bengals and browns as well.

Schools should have been given options. Much easier for rutgers, for example, to virtue signal and close down their season. Other players and teams have more at stake and should have been allowed options.

Last edited:

The B1G needs to continue to do things as a league. It's what makes the conference so great. We can't have a few teams going rogue and doing their own thing, or we'll end up with a Texas-Big12 scenario. Take the good with the bad as conference. For the past several decades, the good has far outweighed the bad.

Exactly.

If Ohio St got to dictate this, then they’ll be demanding to keep an unequal share of the TV revenue next. That’s not what the Big Ten is, or the NFL for that matter.

I honestly don’t care about any of the Eastern timezone schools in the Big Ten. Not even the fabled Jug “rivalry”.

A conference of just the AAU schools from Missouri Kansas and north In the Central timezone, would be a fantastic conference. Not gonna happen though.

Speaking of TV revenue, it would take a nosedive in your dream conference.

He’s been recruited by our new DL coach for a year, and has been around the program for most of his life. How many decommits since the riots?

You and the racists on this board are the only ones who think the protests in Minneapolis will do anything at all to dissuade college kids from coming here. None of the kids thinks things like that. Seriously, get real.

Speaking of TV revenue, it would take a nosedive in your dream conference.
You’re not wrong. But CFP would pay it as a power conference, which it would be, similar to the PAC.

I’d be just fine with that. Coyle, Gable, and the BOR would not. So thats

Different author, different day, but still the same story.
It ain't happening.

You and the racists on this board are the only ones who think the protests in Minneapolis will do anything at all to dissuade college kids from coming here. None of the kids thinks things like that. Seriously, get real.

LOL. All I can do is laugh.

PJ has been selling the city to recruits. Kind of hard to do that over the last few months. It has nothing to do with race.

It's not hard to sell Minneapolis at all. It's a vibrant place to be, and a majority of youth are glad that these protests are/have been happening and that tangible change is finally starting to be effected across this country.

Your stance couldn't possibly be more out of touch with this young generation.

Nothing on Google news sports, and nothing on https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ so far.

If this was real, wouldn't it have been picked up by now?

I just listened to yesterday's Dan Patrick show, and the source that told him the Big 10 was postponing last week by the 12-2 vote, relayed the Ohio St AD's plan to try and get Wisconsin and Michigan to flip (as in this OP).

That source gave it a 5% chance of happening, so long shot at best.

For context DP said that the Big 10 assumed that all the other Power 5 were going to follow their lead and because that did not happen, a few schools don't want to lose ground.

This is just my hunch, but I think the Big 10 will announce plans to play in the spring sooner rather than later, starting as early as January. Of course, planning to play and actually competing are different things.

"Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

PJ has been selling the city to recruits. Kind of hard to do that over the last few months. It has nothing to do with race.
Wrong, selling the campus and then the general area. Are his lake home and wake boats located in Minneapolis near the riots? Nope

It's not hard to sell Minneapolis at all. It's a vibrant place to be, and a majority of youth are glad that these protests are/have been happening and that tangible change is finally starting to be effected across this country.

Your stance couldn't possibly be more out of touch with this young generation.
Well put. It might not be reflected in this election or even the one after that, but your last sentence will become more and more true as gen Z establishes the policies and norms they desire, and kicks out the old ways.

I just listened to yesterday's Dan Patrick show, and the source that told him the Big 10 was postponing last week by the 12-2 vote, relayed the Ohio St AD's plan to try and get Wisconsin and Michigan to flip (as in this OP).

That source gave it a 5% chance of happening, so long shot at best.

For context DP said that the Big 10 assumed that all the other Power 5 were going to follow their lead and because that did not happen, a few schools don't want to lose ground.

This is just my hunch, but I think the Big 10 will announce plans to play in the spring sooner rather than later, starting as early as January. Of course, planning to play and actually competing are different things.

"Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson
Thanks for sharing.

I agree and buy that the truth is much closer to, Ohio State pushing for the season to start in Jan as opposed to later. Indoor stadiums.

The B1G needs to continue to do things as a league. It's what makes the conference so great. We can't have a few teams going rogue and doing their own thing, or we'll end up with a Texas-Big12 scenario. Take the good with the bad as conference. For the past several decades, the good has far outweighed the bad.
Exactly. And recruits 2-3 years from now aren't going to care who played when in 2020/2021. Stop with the "this will ruin us for years" talk.

Top Bottom