Ohio State fires Holtmann

Will be interesting to see how basketball evolves with hiring and if it becomes like football in B1G and SEC poaching from other conferences due to the expansion and $$$. Obviously basketball has more high-end conferences.

Holtmann was underwhelming for sure, props to OSU for pulling the trigger at this point.

Has he made it past the first weekend of the tourney?

Well, since only 16 coaches do each year, one who fails to do that has lots of company.

Ohio State can do whatever they want with Holtmann. I don't care. My point was that most programs would be churning through a lot of coaches and going broke paying buyouts if that was their standard.

Well, since only 16 coaches do each year, one who fails to do that has lots of company.

Ohio State can do whatever they want with Holtmann. I don't care. My point was that most programs would be churning through a lot of coaches and going broke paying buyouts if that was their standard.
I agree, I'll say some schools (like MN) are much more ok with mediocre where some schools (like OSU) are here for titles. OSU has plenty of money to fire and pay anyone they need if it means they have a better shot to win. That certainly doesn't always work but I give them props for not settling.

I think holtmann is a good coach at like a MWC level school much like he was at butler.

I agree, I'll say some schools (like MN) are much more ok with mediocre where some schools (like OSU) are here for titles. OSU has plenty of money to fire and pay anyone they need if it means they have a better shot to win. That certainly doesn't always work but I give them props for not settling.

I think holtmann is a good coach at like a MWC level school much like he was at butler.
Refresh my memory, how many titles does OSU have?

Top Bottom